Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

catmom46

Home from the dentist - temporary crown in place. Full coronation in two weeks.

MjAxMy0zODIxNjMzZWEzZmFkM2Qz_5233510c895e7_rc.png

Nemo14

We went up to Silver Springs State Park today to do some "hiking" (hard to call it hiking when it's flat paths that are pretty well marked)

The trail winds through a palmetto-lined "forest" with awesome looking trees like these:

Eventually it comes to a boardwalk crossing a swamp:

but then we finally reached the river. It was so quiet and pretty...

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
After our "hike" we drove over to the other half of the state park. This used to be a famous privately-owned park when we first started coming to Florida. It's home to the glass-bottomed boats, and is now owned by the State Park system here. It's still very pretty!

Oh, I love glass-bottomed boats! I rode on one in Bermuda and it was such a unique experience. That park you visited looked like a little piece of tropical paradise from the beautiful photos. The palmetto "forest" looked so lush and peaceful.

Nemo14

Oh, I love glass-bottomed boats! I rode on one in Bermuda and it was such a unique experience. That park you visited looked like a little piece of tropical paradise from the beautiful photos. The palmetto "forest" looked so lush and peaceful.

It really was - so much better than fighting traffic and crowds in other places around here. That park was used for filming some of the episodes of Sea Hunt back in the late 50's and early 60's. You can see some of the props they used underwater through the boats there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom