Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

Not that it matters to this thraed anymore, but, I had a minor procedure done at Duke Hospital today and I am happy to have observed that Bob Saget was no where to be seen.

Goofyernmost

I hope everything is OK.
Won't know for a couple of weeks. Had a biopsy. But, I don't think that there is a major problem, they are just searching at the moment. Like anything else, I suppose that if anyone looks hard enough they will find something wrong, I just think it won't be anything serious enough to get all concerned about, at least not now. I refer to the last few weeks as getting my million mile check up.

Next on the list is cataract surgery in August.

NYwdwfan

Won't know for a couple of weeks. Had a biopsy. But, I don't think that there is a major problem, they are just searching at the moment. Like anything else, I suppose that if anyone looks hard enough they will find something wrong, I just think it won't be anything serious enough to get all concerned about, at least not now. I refer to the last few weeks as getting my million mile check up.

Next on the list is cataract surgery in August.
My mother in law just had cataract surgery. She wore her Terminator sunglasses way longer than she was supposed to and has managed to create a hyper-sensitivity to light. Despite being told to stop wearing them on rainy days, she still does. We keep asking her to say, "I'll be back".

PUSH

Original Poster
My mother in law just had cataract surgery. She wore her Terminator sunglasses way longer than she was supposed to and has managed to create a hyper-sensitivity to light. Despite being told to stop wearing them on rainy days, she still does. We keep asking her to say, "I'll be back".
My grandma had lots of problems with her eyes a few years back, had to get shots and injections in them about once a month and everything. She was pretty much blind in one eye. So she always wore those sunglasses, and still does to this day! But I guess those injections worked because her vision is fine for an 80+ year old woman.

NYwdwfan

My grandma had lots of problems with her eyes a few years back, had to get shots and injections in them about once a month and everything. She was pretty much blind in one eye. So she always wore those sunglasses, and still does to this day! But I guess those injections worked because her vision is fine for an 80+ year old woman.

That's awesome she's doing well!! Shots in the eye is one of my phobias. I didn't know it until about 6 months ago when New York State started running these graphic anti-smoking commercials that I'm not sure makes any smokers quit but they make non-smokers want to live in a plastic bubble.

Goofyernmost

That's awesome she's doing well!! Shots in the eye is one of my phobias. I didn't know it until about 6 months ago when New York State started running these graphic anti-smoking commercials that I'm not sure makes any smokers quit but they make non-smokers want to live in a plastic bubble.
If they are the same ones that are shown here, I can understand it. The ones here "imply" that smoking is the cause of their problems. While I will readily admit that they certainly contributed to their issues, they were not, in my opinion, the cause of them. Everyone I have seen, from the colon cancer, to the need for amputations because of poor circulation were from a different source, perhaps aggravated by the smoking. Chances are they all would have had that same problem if they had never seen a cigarette in their lives. For a smoker and as an X-smoker, I know how we think about things like that and they are not even making a dent in the opinion of smokers.

I remember back when they used Brooks Shield to seductively look in your eyes and say... "Lips that touch cigarettes will never touch mine" made me think that first I would have to want to have my lips touch yours and they do not, so begone with you, jail bait.

The one commercial that I did see that really had an impact was a silent one. It showed a bunch of animals, from mice to cows, chickens, horses, etc. with cigarettes hanging from their mouths (beaks). It went from picture to picture and in the end was the caption... "Smoking isn't natural for you either." That really had an impact for me. I saw it and couldn't help but say to myself, yup, that makes sense. I quit shortly thereafter and that is the image that I carried in my mind during the process. Vague scare tactics only affect those that are already on the other side of the scenario.

NYwdwfan

If they are the same ones that are shown here, I can understand it. The ones here "imply" that smoking is the cause of their problems. While I will readily admit that they certainly contributed to their issues, they were not, in my opinion, the cause of them. Everyone I have seen, from the colon cancer, to the need for amputations because of poor circulation were from a different source, perhaps aggravated by the smoking. Chances are they all would have had that same problem if they had never seen a cigarette in their lives. For a smoker and as an X-smoker, I know how we think about things like that and they are not even making a dent in the opinion of smokers.

I remember back when they used Brooks Shield to seductively look in your eyes and say... "Lips that touch cigarettes will never touch mine" made me think that first I would have to want to have my lips touch yours and they do not, so begone with you, jail bait.

The one commercial that I did see that really had an impact was a silent one. It showed a bunch of animals, from mice to cows, chickens, horses, etc. with cigarettes hanging from their mouths (beaks). It went from picture to picture and in the end was the caption... "Smoking isn't natural for you either." That really had an impact for me. I saw it and couldn't help but say to myself, yup, that makes sense. I quit shortly thereafter and that is the image that I carried in my mind during the process. Vague scare tactics only affect those that are already on the other side of the scenario.

The one that I like shows cigarette damaged lungs and simply says, "if cigarettes did to your outsides what it does to your insides, would you still smoke?" The woman singing "Wheels on the Bus" is just awful to watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom