Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

Boy oh boy, Karma is fast.

Ski just called me down to listen to a weird noise and feel a hot floor. I know that sound - water. Heated floor means a hot water leak, and yup, a flooded basement. :banghead::banghead:

And of course, the basement is jam packed, wall to wall, with everyone's junk. Not just junk belonging to the people who actually live here. Not even necessarily the junk of people who actually still live.
Oh no!!! I hope you were able to salvage most everything!!

Songbird76

My sister just joined the College Program and she'll be working at a restaurant but she doesn't know which one yet.
Does she know what she'll be doing at the restaurant? Serving? cleaning up? Prep cooking? I don't know what all is available to the college program students.

Lucky

Heidelberg...
IMG_0081.JPG

Castle ruins from top of church tower (had to pay 2 Euros to walk up the 200 steps)
IMG_0090.JPG

Church tower from castle...
IMG_0098.JPG

This tower, blown up by an occupying French army in 1693, looks just like it did to Mark Twain in 1800: "One of these old towers is split down the middle, and one half has tumbled aside. It tumbled in such a way as to establish itself in a picturesque attitude. Then all it lacked was a fitting drapery, and Nature has furnished that; she has robed the rugged mass in flowers and verdure, and made it a charm to the eye. The standing half exposes its arched and cavernous rooms to you, like open, toothless mouths; there, too, the vines and flowers have done their work of grace. The rear portion of the tower has not been neglected, either, but is clothed with a clinging garment of polished ivy which hides the wounds and stains of time. Even the top is not left bare, but is crowned with a flourishing group of trees and shrubs. Misfortune has done for this old tower what it has done for the human character sometimes — improved it."
IMG_0111.JPG

Town from hill on other side of Neckar River...
IMG_0159.JPG

Castle from hill on other side of river, taken on a two hour hike to a restaurant...
IMG_0162.JPG

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

Nemo14

Heidelberg...
View attachment 233295

Castle ruins from top of church tower (had to pay 2 Euros to walk up the 200 steps)
View attachment 233296

View attachment 233297

This tower, blown up by an occupying French army in 1693, looks just like it did to Mark Twain in 1800: "One of these old towers is split down the middle, and one half has tumbled aside. It tumbled in such a way as to establish itself in a picturesque attitude. Then all it lacked was a fitting drapery, and Nature has furnished that; she has robed the rugged mass in flowers and verdure, and made it a charm to the eye. The standing half exposes its arched and cavernous rooms to you, like open, toothless mouths; there, too, the vines and flowers have done their work of grace. The rear portion of the tower has not been neglected, either, but is clothed with a clinging garment of polished ivy which hides the wounds and stains of time. Even the top is not left bare, but is crowned with a flourishing group of trees and shrubs. Misfortune has done for this old tower what it has done for the human character sometimes — improved it."
View attachment 233298

View attachment 233299

Castle from hill on other side of river, taken on a two hour hike to a restaurant...
View attachment 233300
beautiful - Germany is such a pretty country!

Tick Tock

This is such a cute fall display. :) Where is this?
Dixie Stampede dinner show in Pigeon Forge. They always put a neat Fall scene out front each year.

Heidelberg...
View attachment 233295

View attachment 233296

View attachment 233297

View attachment 233298

View attachment 233299

View attachment 233300
Magnificent photos, @Lucky !

Lucky

Can they implement this concept over here in the states? Would definitely add great haste to reaching my weight loss goals...
The first 20 minutes was a steep and sweaty climb. Then it leveled off and was shadier and cooler. Approaching the restaurant we saw these...
IMG_0165.JPG

The restaurant was a rustic sort of place...IMG_0169.JPG

The night before we had dinner at a place up on the hill on the castle side of the river. You can sort of see it in the middle here...
IMG_0160.JPG

You could walk up the steep hillside to it, or take the Bergbahn (funicular)....
IMG_0094.JPG IMG_0130.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The first 20 minutes was a steep and sweaty climb. Then it leveled off and was shadier and cooler. Approaching the restaurant we saw these...
View attachment 233411

The restaurant was a rustic sort of place...View attachment 233412

The night before we had dinner at a place up on the hill on the castle side of the river. You can sort of see it in the middle here...
View attachment 233415

You could walk up the steep hillside to it, or take the Bergbahn (funicular)....
View attachment 233417 View attachment 233418
So ... did you walk, or take the funicular?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Well, this is not good. My PVR/cable box has been out all day. Everyone else's is fine. After following all the steps and waiting patiently (6 hours!), I finally phoned Rogers to get them to re-send me a signal.

Well that was a bust. A technician has been booked. For Thursday at 2:00! Hello - Survivor starts on Wednesday. Also, the Jays are on tonight.

Mike says I can have his box for now and he'll just watch the Android box, until the Jays game, which he'll come up to watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom