Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
I am currently obsessed with the song Landslide. No, I didn't just discover it. I just rediscovered how good is it. Can't decide which version I like better. They're both so good and have something about them that makes them awesome.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So guess who decides to come pay us a visit at work this afternoon? That's right, Lobbyist Bear's cousin.
View attachment 216313

It looked to be 300 to 400 lbs, but I'm guessing closer to the 300 lb side. Adult, but not fully grown. It only lingered for a few moments before scurrying back off into the woods. The top pic was just luck, as it was sniffing the front bumper of a pickup and happened to turn & look straightforward right as I took the pic with my phone. When it was staring right our direction was the signal it was time to go back inside.

From inside the office looking out side window:
View attachment 216314

I love bears. (I have a painting of one, hung up on our livingroom wall.)

The one in your picture looks cuddly. :inlove: Makes you want to go over and give him a big (bear) hug! (Runs and hides . . . :cautious: ) :D

Goofyernmost

I am currently obsessed with the song Landslide. No, I didn't just discover it. I just rediscovered how good is it. Can't decide which version I like better. They're both so good and have something about them that makes them awesome.

Yes sir... the 60's and 70's when music was something that you could sing along with, harmonize too and have a message with words that you could understand and relate too. (Of course, that requires that we ignore the fact that Disco was in that later time frame also. Can't win them all!)

I tend to lean towards Fleetwood Max and Stevie Nicks wrote the song as well as performed it, so she knew exactly the mood she had in mind and what she was trying to convey. Dixie Chicks had a nice vocal thing going but the banjo tended to make it have a completely different feel, at least for me. Beautiful song though.

PUSH

Original Poster
Yes sir... the 60's and 70's when music was something that you could sing along with, harmonize too and have a message with words that you could understand and relate too. (Of course, that requires that we ignore the fact that Disco was in that later time frame also. Can't win them all!)

I tend to lean towards Fleetwood Max and Stevie Nicks wrote the song as well as performed it, so she knew exactly the mood she had in mind and what she was trying to convey. Dixie Chicks had a nice vocal thing going but the banjo tended to make it have a completely different feel, at least for me. Beautiful song though.
Hey now, music today can still be good and meaningful.

Goofyernmost

Speaking of music, I don't know how much influence music has had on everyone, but, I know that there are so many things that trigger memories for me. One of the biggest was on my way to Vietnam. There were two significant songs that I somehow related to at that time. The first one was popular but, not something you even hear on oldies radio. It was a song titled "Is that all there is", sung by Peggy Lee. She was pretty much a veteran entertainer by the time this song was released and was her last recording to have any playtime.

At the same time the Beatles released there last Album called Abbey Road. One song in particular hit me as deep and meaningful... not sure why but the song "Because" was something that I listened to over and over again.

I'm thinking that I wasn't in the best frame of mind at the time, since they both seem a little heavy, but, beautiful songs. Anyone else have special songs that instill memories... good or bad?

PUSH

Original Poster
Fleetwood Mac > Smashing Pumpkins > Dixie Chicks
Didn't even know Smashing Pumpkins did a cover of that, but I just listened to it and it's at the bottom of my list. Although, that song sounds good in seemingly any version, as long as you have some sort of musical ability.

PUSH

Original Poster
Speaking of music, I don't know how much influence music has had on everyone, but, I know that there are so many things that trigger memories for me. One of the biggest was on my way to Vietnam. There were two significant songs that I somehow related to at that time. The first one was popular but, not something you even hear on oldies radio. It was a song titled "Is that all there is", sung by Peggy Lee. She was pretty much a veteran entertainer by the time this song was released and was her last recording to have any playtime.

At the same time the Beatles released there last Album called Abbey Road. One song in particular hit me as deep and meaningful... not sure why but the song "Because" was something that I listened to over and over again.

I'm thinking that I wasn't in the best frame of mind at the time, since they both seem a little heavy, but, beautiful songs. Anyone else have special songs that instill memories... good or bad?

Heavy songs tend to be my favorites. Upbeat, dance-like music has its place, but 9 times out of 10, I'd rather listen to something with meaning. I don't know if I really have any one song that triggers strong memories or emotions, but these are some of my favorite songs with substance to them.

I love music. If it wasn't for my very average vocal ability, I would totally be a singer. The only genre I really don't like any songs of it rap. There may be a couple which are more rap/pop blend, but pretty much a no-go there. Oh, and heavy metal. No thanks.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I am currently hooked on my Disney BGM - most especially the DHS night time entrance loop, the Jungle Cruise queue loop (and all the songs contained therein) and the Adventureland loop.

Trailing just behind are the WS country loops - UK, France and Italy.

Talk about an eclectic mix. Also, I like to say "loop".

Surprisingly, both boys like the music. Ski borrowed my car the other day, and actually left the Jungle Cruise music playing. :hilarious: He listens to some of these performers anyway.

IMG_4498.jpg IMG_4499.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
Oh, and this has to be the best modern rock song in years. I'm not normally big into rock, especially modern stuff, but this song is awesome. Once you got him out of One Direction, I feel like Harry Styles is the modern day Mick Jagger.

Eric1955

My mom and sister are currently staying with me for a few days. We spent the day at Animal Kingdom so they could see Pandora. We left once it started pouring down raining. Once the rain stopped we made a brief visit to Disney Springs and ate at Earl of Sandwich. It's great getting to spend some time with my mom and sister. Being away from them has been the hardest part of moving here.

Oh, and as long as we're posting meaningful songs, here are two that really get to me.

ETA: Have I mentioned that Slade is the greatest band ever?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My mom and sister are currently staying with me for a few days. We spent the day at Animal Kingdom so they could see Pandora. We left once it started pouring down raining. Once the rain stopped we made a brief visit to Disney Springs and ate at Earl of Sandwich. It's great getting to spend some time with my mom and sister. Being away from them has been the hardest part of moving here.

Oh, and as long as we're posting meaningful songs, here are two that really get to me.

ETA: Have I mentioned that Slade it the greatest band ever?

Did they get to ride FoP or the Na'vi River Journey?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
They thought it was great. You should have heard my sister telling my stepdad about the ride. So cute!

I haven't tried lumpia myself but I know it's not something my mom would care for. We had lunch at Harambe Market though.
Hold off on the lumpia then. I'll split one with you.
Mikey will probably have one (or two) of his own. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom