Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The lilacs finally bloomed here!
View attachment 207016

So pretty! Lilacs remind me of spring. When I was a kid, we always had lilac bushes in the backyard.

I also recall that in grade school (I went to a parochial school with nuns), the nuns would not let us have lilacs in the classroom, because they said they could make you sleepy. :confused: (You just can't make up this stuff!! :hilarious: ) Guess it never dawned on them that the reason why the kids were nodding off was because their lessons were a snooze fest?! :D

Goofyernmost

Sympathy like.
My job used to be much the same. Now I sit at home month after month, waiting for a new site to open. Not sure which is worse.
I know this may sound morbid, but, I'm pushing 70. I'm thinking that the number of opportunities I will have with my family are starting to decrease rapidly. Sounds fatalistic, but, I can't help but think that this was not a good idea experience wise, money wise I am replenishing a lot of money that I have been spending over the years since my retirement, that's good, but, that will only be useful if I live long enough to use it up. Right now I'm thinking through the summer, early fall and then back to retirement.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I know this may sound morbid, but, I'm pushing 70. I'm thinking that the number of opportunities I will have with my family are starting to decrease rapidly. Sounds fatalistic, but, I can't help but think that this was not a good idea experience wise, money wise I am replenishing a lot of money that I have been spending over the years since my retirement, that's good, but, that will only be useful if I live long enough to use it up. Right now I'm thinking through the summer, early fall and then back to retirement.
I think it's a good thing to stay busy and keep moving. I think it really extends your life expectancy! :)

Goofyernmost

I think it's a good thing to stay busy and keep moving. I think it really extends your life expectancy! :)
I agree and that is why I signed on to begin with. However, my primary interest at this point in my life is my family. Driving around in circles for 8 hours making money that I may never live long enough to use, is not. I know that the situation is just a thing connected with bad timing and not paying attention to detail. I saw three nights a week, I noticed that I have been spending way to much time on the computer in the evening and felt that it would occupy time that wasn't being very constructive anyway. But, then I find out that due to my lack of attention I am possible depriving myself of the very thing that I wanted to be retired for, is a little bit disturbing to me. It will all work out, I'm sure, but, right now I am feeling a little down about it. This shall pass either on it's own or by my hand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom