Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Nemo14

We didn't see a lot of wildlife, except for the ospreys and occasional egrets...
full

full

and some friendly kayakers...
full

Nemo14

But there were a few freaky things too...

a mob of fiddler crabs...
full

a little lizard who just stared at us as we walked by...
full

creepy little crabs tht climb trees...
full

and a strangler fig tree killing an adjacent palm...

full

full

It really is a neat place, and I'm sure we'll go back again next winter, but today was just too hot to enjoy it all.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Can't recall exactly which morning, but earlier this week, I took the bus over to Magic Kingdom. As the bus passed under the big MK archway (where the CMs are in the booths), I noticed a sign: Premium Parking is available today. $40.00. o_O (I think the regular, general parking is $20.)

There was probably something about this in N&R at some point before, but actually seeing that sign out the bus window made my jaw drop. :eek:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Can't recall exactly which morning, but earlier this week, I took the bus over to Magic Kingdom. As the bus passed under the big MK archway (where the CMs are in the booths), I noticed a sign: Premium Parking is available today. $40.00. o_O (I think the regular, general parking is $20.)

There was probably something about this in N&R at some point before, but actually seeing that sign out the bus window made my jaw drop. :eek:
I believe I commented on that in last year's live trip report. :hilarious:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Yeah. That has been around for a bit. I thought it would be gone by now due to lack of use. lol

NYwdwfan

See the quote in my signature.

Aha. It seems to have gone up in price. Must be very popular!

View attachment 206158

Yup that's the quote!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Seeing as I was in EPCOT for the Flower and Garden Festival, I decided to go over to the Festival Center (aka the deceased, WOL pavilion :rolleyes: ). There were a number of various plant displays, and some video screens.

Saw a small crowd seated in front of a stage in there, so I went over to see this "nationally known garden celebrity" (I can't recall his name). I never realized there were nationally known garden celebrities. o_O

So, I'm sitting there, (I know nothing about plants), listening to this guy on stage talking about plants. He'd announce different ones and hold them up. The (primarily senior) audience would erupt into applause, and some would actually yell out favorites, "Bromeliads!! Bromeliads!!". o_O

I had this deer-in-the-headlights look on my face. :p There are actually plant groupies out there!! :jawdrop: Who would have thought this group existed?! :hilarious:

Nemo14

Seeing as I was in EPCOT for the Flower and Garden Festival, I decided to go over to the Festival Center (aka the deceased, WOL pavilion :rolleyes: ). There were a number of various plant displays, and some video screens.

Saw a small crowd seated in front of a stage in there, so I went over to see this "nationally known garden celebrity" (I can't recall his name). I never realized there were nationally known garden celebrities. o_O

So, I'm sitting there, (I know nothing about plants), listening to this guy on stage talking about plants. He'd announce different ones and hold them up. The (primarily senior) audience would erupt into applause, and some would actually yell out favorites, "Bromeliads!! Bromeliads!!". o_O

I had this deer-in-the-headlights look on my face. :p There are actually plant groupies out there!! :jawdrop: Who would have thought this group existed?! :hilarious:

We run into that with bird watchers. I know a few species, but as you may have noticed, my primary focus here is my bald eagles. We've met some great people here who enjoy them like we do, but every once in a while,we run into the basic walking encyclopedias of the bird kingdom who have to tell you all about the yellow-bellied ruby-throated triple-winged super-sonic nuthatchers they saw in last year's mating season...:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom