Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
I guess the sock thing is a little weird. I just think they're fun. I have noticed that more men must be wearing crazy socks. I see lots of them in the men's sock section at different stores. My former pastor (he just left to become pastor at Independant Presbyterian in Memphis) always used to wear crazy socks on Sunday. I don't just wear any crazy socks though. I specifically have a thing for striped socks.
I was referring to buying used socks. I don't know what the Pirates socks look like. I always just wear black ankle socks.

NYwdwfan

We have a king. Gave our old queen to Son #1.

I have tons of queen-sized bedding, but none for full.

Plus, queen is 5" longer than a double. Apparently that's a thing when you're 6'+. Doesn't matter as much when you're 5' 4" (and a quarter).

I'm 5' 41/2" :p

Those are both cute. Captain and Tenille had actually occurred to me too. My Mom likes Bonnie and Clyde, but that's more the kind of names she would go with. I'm pretty set on Donnie and Marie.

That's a great song. Unless you're talking about Muskrat Love. Even I don't like that song.

Nope - Love Will Keep Us Together

Nemo14

That picture reminds me a bit of my dog, but his preference is to sit on feet. He's too lazy to jump up on anyone's lap--he far prefers to stick to floor level, and find a comfortable foot (usually mine . . . :cautious:) to sit on! :joyfull:
Our golden retriever liked to lean on me, and if we were sitting on the floor she felt she had to sit on our laps.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Our golden retriever liked to lean on me, and if we were sitting on the floor she felt she had to sit on our laps.

Ha! My dog is a Chow/lab mix, and he's powerful--built solid, like a rock. Sometimes, he'll lean against me or hubs, and we always have to regain our balance--as he acts like we're a concrete wall or something! ;)

NYwdwfan

Well , we're all packed , house is clean, and the fridge is cleaned out except for breakfast stuff for tomorrow. I probably won't be online til tomorrow night, so you all behave yourselves. Hitting my pillow shortly - it's been a long day. Adios amigos!
Have a great trip!! The cold is coming back tomorrow so you're getting out just in time.

Eric1955

Ok, so here are some additional thoughts from my trip. First of all, I want to say that I had a great time. I knew I'd be ok on my own but it was a very different experience. You can really get a lot done when you're just on your own. I was free to just do what I wanted when I wanted.

The most awkward part of the trip was definitely eating at table service restaurants by myself. I always find it awkward to eat in a restaurant by myself, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from having a good time, and eating at all the restaurants I wanted to eat at. The only restaurant I couldn't get a reservation for last minute was Ohana. I chose to use that table service credit on the Skipper Canteen instead. Even though it was a little awkward dinging by myself I still enjoyed just having a nice meal and some time to myself.

One thing I was really interested in about this trip was how going to Disneyland for the first time would affect my experience at Walt Disney World, and I have to say it did have an affect. I absolutely love the Magic Kingdom and I always will. It's my favorite park at WDW. However, I really fell in love with Disneyland. Disneyland is now without question my favorite park, and I found myself missing certain aspects of Disneyland at Magic Kingdom. For the first time at Magic Kingdom I found myself feeling like the park was really lacking in its number of rides. I also came to realize that I actually prefer Disneyland's smaller castle. Cinderella Caste is beautiful and spectacular like the rest of the Magic Kingdom, but there's just something about the quaintness of Disneyland. Anyway, as I said that was just an observation. I still love the Magic Kingdom.

This was the first trip I got to see the new hub fully completed, and I actually thought it was ok. I'm perfectly fine with all the new walkways to improve traffic flow. My biggest complaint remains the lack of huge trees at the very center of the hub. If giant trees were returned and the centre of the hub was given a curb again I don't think I would have any complaints. And of course, I would like to see the castle stage removed. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned how much I despise castle stage shows, but lets just say I really dislike them. Oh, and one comment on the new castle railings. If the railings had always looked like they do now I'm sure I'd have no problems with them, but I do much prefer the old ones.

I thought the new paint on the Tomorrowland rocks looked fine. I'm not crazy about the rocks or the current look of Tommorowland anyway. Being me, I obviously wish they would just embrace Tomorrowland's past and give us a retro 70s vision of the future. The new signage on Carousel of Progress looked great and was a huge improvement. The show could still really use some maintenance though. And of course that last scene. Bleck! The rest of the show is so great and then comes that ending. It's really cringeworthy. They should just bring back the old 60s ending and let the ride cover progress during the span of Walt's life. We don't need to see the future for the ride to be about the spirt of tomorrow.

Soarin' Around the World I actually liked better than I thought I would. It's much better than it appears in videos. I didn't find the transitions as hokey as I thought I would. That said the new Soarin' can't hold a candle to the old one for me. There was just something about the old one. I think it was the score and the way it builds. If they ever redo Soarin' again my suggestion would be that they use the old score, and shoot footage specifically to fit the old score.

Now we can talk about Frozenstrom. I think I've made it clear how much I hate the idea of the ride even being in Epcot, but I'll just ignore that for now and talk about the ride itself. There is a lot to like about the ride. First of all, the animatronics are amazing. I was very impressed with them. Visually I thought it was a beautiful ride. My biggest complaint about the ride itself would be that I found it very disjointed. It was just a very awkward flow for such a short ride, and that ending just seems to come out of nowhere. Regardless, I liked it better than Ariel's Undersea Adventure even thought I think the Little Mermaid is a much better movie. It would make a nice little Fantasyland ride.

Wow! That's quite a wall of text. I'm sure there's much more I could say but I better stop now.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Eric1955 , I enjoyed reading your comments. What caught my attention the most was your preference for Disneyland over WDW. (I've also heard that sentiment from others on the forum.) Disneyland will always be that "special" place for you, after your visit a few years ago. I've never been there, and I'm kinda glad about that, as I won't feel like I'm missing anything by visiting the MK in WDW. ;)

Haven't tried the new Soarin yet. I've read some mixed reviews. Happy to hear that you liked it, though. Also, I haven't seen Frozenstrom either; it's misplaced where it is, and I won't wait in long lines for it. Eventually, I'll go on it, but just like 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, I'll wait a few years for the hype to die down, and then I'll go on it when the lines lessen in length.

As for dining, although I like table service meals, it's not really in my budget. I've found other quick service options in the parks, and in my hotel, that are fine for my usual 4-5 vacation days. Also, like yourself, I've also thought that it's slightly awkward to sit at a table by yourself in a nice restaurant, but it's becoming more common for solo travelers these days. It's really no big deal when you think about it, and most guests there are so immersed in their own group, that they never even notice those around them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom