Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Eric1955

Nice treehouse photos! I also love the treehouse--it's just so vintage Disney. It doesn't even take up much space, so WDW managment better keep their paws off! Seriously, I cringe at the thought of what could happen down the road in WDW, with some of the older attractions.

I have nothing against newer ones, just as long as there is a balance of new ones, and the older, iconic ones (including COP, or even Space Mountain in future plans, etc.). Meanwhile, over in EPCOT, Wonders of Life, and Odyssey--(although originally a restaurant, could still be redesigned into something else), sit dormant . . . :rolleyes:

I worry about a lot of the older attractions too. The older ones are my favorites.

I remember reading once that Bob Iger said his favorite attraction was Pirates. I loved reading that. I saw it as a kind of an unknowing admission that all these years later they still haven't topped Walt.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Currently in negotiations with the Ski. Gut your room. Purge all the junk. Let me clean steam clean the carpet. And I'll upgrade your bed to a queen.

The alternative is - I'll gut your room. I'll purge all your junk. I'll steam clean your carpet anyway. And your 6' 4" bony butt can stay in the twin sized bed.

But for the fact that he's been begging for a queen, I'd say the odds were 50/50. The promise of a bigger bed has slightly tipped the odds in my favour.

Problem is, if I get him a queen, he'll NEVER move.

Nemo14

Did anybody else grow up with one of these?

View attachment 184279

I have one, but it's nowhere near as impressive as my Mom's.

We had one like that. We also had the rag man who came once or twice a year and picked up any rags you had lying around.We would take the buttons and zippers out of them so we always had spare buttons and zippers. After our clothes being handed down through the 7 of us kids, those were pretty much the only things worth saving.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Currently in negotiations with the Ski. Gut your room. Purge all the junk. Let me clean steam clean the carpet. And I'll upgrade your bed to a queen.

The alternative is - I'll gut your room. I'll purge all your junk. I'll steam clean your carpet anyway. And your 6' 4" bony butt can stay in the twin sized bed.

But for the fact that he's been begging for a queen, I'd say the odds were 50/50. The promise of a bigger bed has slightly tipped the odds in my favour.

Perhaps a queen like this? That way he won't get too comfortable! ;)

download.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Perhaps a queen like this? That way he won't get too comfortable! ;)

View attachment 184283
He's 6' 4", 155 lbs. ... there's not a lot of meat on those bones.
Now that he's decided to quit his dead end job and go back to school, it looks like he's going to be home for a while.

In other news, Son #1 is starting to move back home starting this weekend.

Might just be easier for Hubby and I to move out. ;)

trr1

then just get a full size and not a queen or give him your queen and buy a new king size for yourself

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
then just get a full size and not a queen or give him your queen and buy a new king size for yourself
We have a king. Gave our old queen to Son #1.

I have tons of queen-sized bedding, but none for full.

Plus, queen is 5" longer than a double. Apparently that's a thing when you're 6'+. Doesn't matter as much when you're 5' 4" (and a quarter).

PUSH

Original Poster
Your'e probably right. It's just kind of the idea of it I find gross. But you may have just talked me into it. If I ever come across a used pair I may well buy them.

If I was a CM at Disney that's the ride I'd want to work. I love the costume.
I've always thought that too. About Pirates being the ride I want to work at - I'm not on board with the whole sock thing. I love the atmosphere of the queue and loading area.

Eric1955

Or ... Sonny and Cher?

I vote for Captain & Tenille.

Those are both cute. Captain and Tenille had actually occurred to me too. My Mom likes Bonnie and Clyde, but that's more the kind of names she would go with. I'm pretty set on Donnie and Marie.
Oh shoot - now I have that song in my head. Dangit.

That's a great song. Unless you're talking about Muskrat Love. Even I don't like that song.

Eric1955

I've always thought that too. About Pirates being the ride I want to work at - I'm not on board with the whole sock thing. I love the atmosphere of the queue and loading area.

I guess the sock thing is a little weird. I just think they're fun. I have noticed that more men must be wearing crazy socks. I see lots of them in the men's sock section at different stores. My former pastor (he just left to become pastor at Independant Presbyterian in Memphis) always used to wear crazy socks on Sunday. I don't just wear any crazy socks though. I specifically have a thing for striped socks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom