Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

Almost done cleaning out Son #2's old bedroom.
Since he moved downstairs into my mom's old room (that's another story), his old room has become the dumping ground. For everything!

I am turning it into a true guest room/computer room.
Little came up about an hour ago while I was cleaning the carpet, and said, "Get out of my room".

I may have replied:
Bite me.
And when you're done biting me - bite me some more.

Ah, who am I kidding? You know darn well that's exactly what I said.
Still haven't punched him in the face, in case you were wondering.
Still want to, though!
If he opted to move to another room, why did he still think that he had the rights to his old room or what happens to it?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
If he opted to move to another room, why did he still think that he had the rights to his old room or what happens to it?
Why indeed?

Here's the rest of the story:

We live in a 5-level backsplit. The not-quite basement level contains a laundry room, bedroom, cold cellar, and rec room with a small kitchenette w/cupboards and sink.

When my mom moved in, we converted the laundry room to include a toilet and sink and we re-did the bedroom for her, including cable and a 32" t.v.

In the 7 months she lived here before passing, she slept in that bedroom ONCE.

All the rest of the time, she slept on the couch in the adjoining rec room, with her head facing south, fan blowing on her, with the covers up over her head.

Son #2 moved down to that level well over a year ago. He too, has slept in that bedroom ONCE.
He too, sleeps on the couch in the rec room, with his head facing south, fan blowing on him, with the covers up over his head.

Every once in a while, when I go down to switch over the laundry at 2:00/3:00, I see that figure on the couch, and I absolutely catch my breath.

So, he has not only laid claim to the basement bedroom, he has totally taken over the rec room as well.
And now, he thinks he can still own the upstairs bedroom? Nuh-uh!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Why indeed?

Here's the rest of the story:

We live in a 5-level backsplit. The not-quite basement level contains a laundry room, bedroom, cold cellar, and rec room with a small kitchenette w/cupboards and sink.

When my mom moved in, we converted the laundry room to include a toilet and sink and we re-did the bedroom for her, including cable and a 32" t.v.

In the 7 months she lived here before passing, she slept in that bedroom ONCE.

All the rest of the time, she slept on the couch in the adjoining rec room, with her head facing south, fan blowing on her, with the covers up over her head.

Son #2 moved down to that level well over a year ago. He too, has slept in that bedroom ONCE.
He too, sleeps on the couch in the rec room, with his head facing south, fan blowing on him, with the covers up over his head.

Every once in a while, when I go down to switch over the laundry at 2:00/3:00, I see that figure on the couch, and I absolutely catch my breath.

So, he has not only laid claim to the basement bedroom, he has totally taken over the rec room as well.
And now, he thinks he can still own the upstairs bedroom? Nuh-uh!

Your sons, 18 and 19 (as you have mentioned their ages recently) are within range of still living at home, or venturing out on their own. However, just as a point of reference, my two brothers at that age, were both itching to leave home. One managed to get himself kicked out, (although he had previously indicated that he was moving in with friends soon anyway). My other brother went into the Marines, for one tour of duty, and then on to jobs in the private sector after that.

Neither one of them had anything more "going for them" than your two sons; everyone has his/her own talents and abilities. I'm also not saying there is a right or wrong answer here for when people feel ready to go out on their own. I'm just sharing that this morning, I had this moment of deja vu about my brothers leaving, when I read about your son # 2 taking over well more than 1 room.

(Side note: My parents made it clear to all their children, that if we chose not to go to college, but still wanted to live at home, then we'd have to get a job and pay them rent.) So I just had a funny thought: what if you charged son #2 "extra" rent for his "suite" of rooms and board? Ha! :) Even if he's going to school now, maybe you could still hit him up for a few bucks from a part-time job (I assume he makes a few bucks here and there at odd jobs on occasion).

It's all symbolic, whether it's $5 or $80 a week; it would just show him that he's old enough now to want to help out the household, and I think that he'd also feel better about himself for wanting to help out. It could be a win-win for everyone. All I wish for, is to see him show more respect to his wonderful mother.

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Dinner anyone?

BxnNMAmIYAAM5AQ.jpg

YdBManv.jpg

tLJSVjp.jpg

SHARK
MWJojmw.jpg
Those hot dogs are cute. :) Maybe an idea for my daughter's birthday cookout.

MOXOMUMD

Almost done cleaning out Son #2's old bedroom.
Since he moved downstairs into my mom's old room (that's another story), his old room has become the dumping ground. For everything!

I am turning it into a true guest room/computer room.
Little came up about an hour ago while I was cleaning the carpet, and said, "Get out of my room".

I may have replied:
Bite me.
And when you're done biting me - bite me some more.

Ah, who am I kidding? You know darn well that's exactly what I said.
Still haven't punched him in the face, in case you were wondering.
Still want to, though!
Oh dear, you take too much carp.

MOXOMUMD

File this in the "You're a dumbbutt" file. My ex texts me just after midnight (because he's on break at work and the entire world should be awake) but he asks "When is our daughter's birthday?" Really dude? So I being cranky, said "You don't remember your first daughter's bd?" o_O:devilish: Then I got four profanity texts.

And do you know it is easier for someone to get their address changed to your house than it is for a homeowner to say stop delivering said person's mail? I've been round and round with the post office twice. Yep, ex changed his address to mine again. Can't change his address back to his girlfriend's without his legal signature. So I started writing "Return To Sender" and dropping it back in the mailbox. Then I got a note on a piece of junk mail saying "Who lives here?" written by the mail carrier. UGH such a headache.

Anywho, Happy Tuesday everybody. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
File this in the "You're a dumbbutt" file. My ex texts me just after midnight (because he's on break at work and the entire world should be awake) but he asks "When is our daughter's birthday?" Really dude? So I being cranky, said "You don't remember your first daughter's bd?" o_O:devilish: Then I got four profanity texts.

And do you know it is easier for someone to get their address changed to your house than it is for a homeowner to say stop delivering said person's mail? I've been round and round with the post office twice. Yep, ex changed his address to mine again. Can't change his address back to his girlfriend's without his legal signature. So I started writing "Return To Sender" and dropping it back in the mailbox. Then I got a note on a piece of junk mail saying "Who lives here?" written by the mail carrier. UGH such a headache.

OK, go a little bit further...Return to sender/Not Known at this Address. On the back of the mail write last known address is xxxxx so they know where to find him.

Then go to the post office and plead the case again and state he is fraudulently using this address and that it appears that the Post Office is facilitating him by allowing him to continue to have mail delivered to an address that he is not known at. Mail Fraud is a Big Deal.

I'd be keeping screen shot file of all the inappropriate texts and photo's of mail he is sending to your address fraudulently. You might need a paper trail later, make sure you have a clear view of the dates on stamp to demonstrate how long the harassment and fraud is going on. Might need it, might not but it is a good safety net.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

You want me smack him?

I don't take carp from anybody - but my kids. Honest.

If you could see me at work, I'm a whole different person.
So strong. So forceful. So able to say NO!

P.S. - All grammatical errors in this post are intentional. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom