Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've had 7 - one of which was major, 10 years ago. Four were minor. One was the removal of 4 wisdom teeth, two of which were impacted. And the most recent one was last year's hysterectomy.

I go under very nicely. I wake up horribly though. I've been naked once. Restrained twice. And dry-heaving every single time.

I was happy to find out on Tuesday that no further surgery is necessary. So, YAY!

Well did they have any solutions for what you've been going through?

acishere

I forgot how young you are!!!
Yet I just had a conversation with some friends about how old we all are now...
laugh2.gif

Gabe1

I will - when they're older.

My DS was in an HS english class when they all 'found out.' Teacher went into a freak out melt down.
My DD was only 8 and we as a district decided not to tell them anything in elementary school and told parents their choice. Not knowing what we would know later, every student was required to be met at bus stop or they were returned to school. My DD knew little. We'd turn off the TV and such when she was around as it was 24/7 for almost a week. My DS was full of questions but respectful of our request to ask when his Sis was not in ear shot.Waiting until they are old enough to wrap their minds around that day is wise.

It was difficult being on our Board of Ed, not knowing what we needed to change, how to safeguard kids, let them play outdoors. Horrid year.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yea, none a' that stuff bothers me in the least, either. I've had so much blood drained outta' me over the years.
I watch 'em 'cause I wanna' see if they're doin' it right. Have had way more than enough "3 strikes and you're out". Now, go find someone who can drain me, properly. ;) :)
I have ginormous veins everywhere. So attractive. I don't even need the tourniquet.

Gabe1

It was like a Seinfeld episode. I was on my iPod touch and it asked me to log in. I logged in. Then I tried to come here. It asked me to sign in again. Then it told me that I was already signed in. So I reset the Wifi and it asked me to sign in again. I signed in and again tried to return to this site. About three minutes later, the Wifi booted me off. So I switched to my tablet. It asked me to sign in. I signed in. And then tried to come here. The sign in screen reappeared. And I signed in again. And it told me I was already signed in. :banghead: I think I got it now

Oy. My DD dorm was like that the first semester, they had just got WiFi in the dorm. The building being almost 100 years old with plaster walls. It took them a while to get boosters throughout the building. Nothing like being a college student in this era with failing WiFi.

donaldtoo

Ive no desire to read the last ten pages, sorry guys.

Been meaning to post this one for a few days:

(Warning, food ahead!)

Homemade pesto (sweet and cinnamon basil from my yard!), home grown tomatoes, and the mozz cheese my friend made. Guess what we had for dinner last weekend? :)

This is what i made tonight:

Hamburger on nutty bread its a pecan almond bread) with sharp cheddar, bbq sauce...and peanut butter. :) it was fantastic! Also made whole grain onion rings and waffle fries...baked, but i doused them in veggie oil first :oops:

But it was so.. SO good. I even used the real (plastic) plates instead of paper! ...with paper towels to soak up the oil.

Anyways, i wanted to post to @Cesar R M before he leaves for his trip! Have a great trip!!

Let's try this again... ;)

Oh my.
AWESOME!!!!!!! :joyfull: :hungry: ;) :)

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

I think me, acishere, and andrewc are about the same age.

We got no announcement at my school. I think one teacher must have said something because it was like this bizarre rumor the whole day. It just didn't sound like something real. Then I got on the school bus and the driver said something about going home and telling your family you love them.

Never got actual confirmation until I saw my mom at the bus stop sobbing, instead of being at work.

My school didnt have an announcement. We were supposed to be watching a tv series on historic world events that week so the tv was in my world history class...and it happened to get a total of TWO channels. Wqed (mr rogers, haha) and a local news station. So i felt something odd going on when walking to class, but it didn't hit me fully until i saw down and realized a dozen teachers, the principal, school counselors, and security were in the room and other students as well. A good deal were openly sobbing. Students were on their phones trying to get ahold of parents. Downtown pittsburgh was evacuated within minutes of strikes and students whose parents worked there were freaking out.

I sat there unable to move or remove my eyes from the screen. I wasnt quite believing what i was seeing and it didnt really take full effect until class was over, no one left, and eventually everyone just walked out of the school and went home. I was among them. Scariest, longest walk ever. It was dead silent. My school was across the bridge from downtown, downtown was evacuated, busses were held up in traffic, traffic was a snarl, no one was going anywhere, anytime fast.

It was surreal.

A great deal of people didnt show up the next day. Everyone was frightened. Being so close to somerset, it only amplified it for everyone. A few more minutes...it would have hit the heart of pittsburgh. The usx building is the tallest in pittsburgh and 56,000 people work there. It would have wiped out six surrounding buildings. Including the one i used to work in.

I try not to think of it, tbh.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Well did they have any solutions for what you've been going through?
Yes. Not the greatest news. I have interstitial cystitis (Google it, a little too graphic for here); a chronic condition.

All my existing prescriptions were swapped out, and some new ones added. One promises to make me nauseated until I get used to it. (Promise fulfilled :hungover: :depressed:)

On the plus side, all my surgery from 10 years ago is holding up perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom