Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

Observations:

BLT is WAY nicer than BCV
The Mexico Boat ride desperately needs a refurb. One of the dolls heads was on backwards. No, I am not kidding.
Last night at MK, BTMR went down near closing. We were able to use our FPs for Splash, Pirates, HM, or anything in Tomorrowland. We used them for Splash. Wonder if this is the new policy.
No more screamers in Illuminations.
No more perfumy smell in BC lobby like there was at BC and several other horels. This is a good thing. It is still present in BLT and is aweful.
The lense on Soarin is STILL dirty. While the film is degrading, I have to wonder how much is degredation and how much is dirty lense.

StarWarsGirl

Like-Cats-And-Dogs.jpg

To brighten this night.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wow, sounds like a scary adventure by itself.

The power off and lightning strike must have damaged the computer stuff for the rides to dont come back online.

You cant get a 1st floor condo with a garden area?

That would be nice, but I'm not comfortable staying ground level. We actually stayed one year at the Contemporary and had a ground garden room. It was nice and tense at the same time.

Gabe1

I got bitten 11 times on my legs by green flies on the boat yesterday. ELEVEN TIMES. The bites are so swollen that the one on the back of my knee is obstructing my full range of motion. I am so itchy I think I may scratch the skin clear off before the end of the day. :mad:

Ouch! I'm waiting for the misquotes to return here, two major rains, that should do it.

Honestly, in places where there are not many mountains or big buildings, lightning strikes on trees are very usual... They are nature's own lightning rods.

I'm from the Midwest, we have lightening vs tree wars here all the time, one a short while ago, been a fun 24 hours here.

The biggest issue I'm having is that I currently rent, and I will probably need to move soon. If that's the case, the places I'm finding that accept both cat and dog are more than a monthly mortgage payment- AND want anywhere from $250-500 NONREFUNDABLE pet deposit- per pet. It's becoming outrageously expensive and I just don't think I can do it on my own. I dread having to live with this guy much more... I'm so miserable. I'm crying just thinking about it.

I don't have $$$ for down payment, like you're recommended to have, but my back is against the wall. Unafforadable rent and animal fees, or living with a stranger (room mate) or staying where I'm at and dealing with the winter... where I'm at, if you don't have car, you aren't making it up that hill in the winter. Well, if/when he goes, so does the car. It's HIS, not mine... and the clock is ticking in regards of winter. I only have a few short months to figure this all out.

I'm a panicked mess.

OK, I'm going to go in the direction of Minnie too but with a detour. Abuse comes in all forms and you seem to qualify. You need to find a counselor for abused women in your area and get some advice. They work in partnerships with all sorts of businesses. There are grants that are given to women in your situation. That is why these places are there. There are many, you may have to check out a few to see what they offer and who you are most comfortable with. Go for it!

Gabe1

I wish people understood that not everyone who rents owns a cat eating floor pooping rotti who will chew walls and destroy carpeting. But apparently everyone does. Especially apartment buildings here... its ridiculous. $500 nonrefundable deposit? I'm just going to GIVE you $500... per animal... to "allow" my animals to live with me. And you're not even feeding them! :( Makes me so mad.

My dog and cat are my babies. Do these some aye holes charge a baby fee? They make more mess than my two do.

They would likely charge a baby fee if they could. Actually when I was small many apartments refused to rent to people with children and if you had one you got kicked out. Laws changing things like that are a blessing.

We had a year between my Condo and our first house when we got married, didn't want to be the proud owner of two homes. There was even back then a $450 additional deposit for my German Shepard in that apartment. My condo didn't allow dogs over 25# She was constantly brought up at association meetings. 'Large dogs wandering the hallways again.' I was 3 doors from the exit. She never wandered, she never even made it down the hallway.

Some people just thrive off of controversy and that was the condo, bored retired people that had nothing better to do with their time but stir the pot in that building. I had her before the bylaws were written. She wasn't going anywhere. She was a Grandfathered Gal. I use to call her my first born.

Gabe1

image.jpg

My DD just wandered in. Her 2 facilities got their unannounced audit today. She was at work at 8am and should have come home at 4pm. The auditors pay to enter, they inspect and video tape incognito. My DD from her office knew it was an auditor coming in, just knew it.

The can fail, they can pass or they can exceed. They exceeded. Too tired to be excited. I made her comfort food and to bed she went.

Last edited:

Gabe1

I was terrified when we first bought. The house was a stretch for us at the time. We had very little money left over for anything. But slowly we began to earn more and then were able to refinance to a lower interest rate (we bought the house at 8.5%!) and everything settled down a bit. We didn't furnish right away - it was too expensive so we did it slowly - we actually just bought a dining room set last year (our 13th in the house). You work at your own pace. It's a lot of responsibility - maintenance-wise. Anything can go wrong (and sometimes does) and paying to fix it can be scary as well. But it's incredibly rewarding as well - to stand back and think, "This is Mine".

I thought I was going to be ill at the closing of this house, we bought this one without a Realtor so it was interesting. We dropped from a 11.5 to a 9.5% 12 months later and from a 30 year to a 15 year during that refi.
The interest rates were so high when we bought this home we got a steal. As the interest rates started to fall my DH had been very ill for a while and it was very scary there for a couple years. I paid the house off during all that at the 12 year mark. I needed one less thing to stress about. That decision was a blessing when the economy took a hit several years back.

We had one room empty upstairs for a long time. I had no desire to put anything in it until a kid came along to fill it. I got a dining room table 2 years or so ago. Everything in my livingroom went that year, that dang Piano, the bulky desk, pretty but held our desk top computer, my old entertainment center got replaced, TV, huge speakers went and I got tiny little Bose ones, Now I look through my kitchen to my dining room at a pretty raised bar stooled square table. My livingroom/dining room is large rectangle so the living room chairs went and sofa and all the tables and were all replaced. I have sliding shades that are black woven, I can see out but nobody can see in and my curtains are on a slide too, love the sound. I just love it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey, anyone else notice that some people's avatars seemed to have been pulled? I was looking in N&R, General Discussion, and Chit Chat this morning, and noticed this phenomenon. I half wonder if maybe some people used images that might have some sort of copyright on them? I was just curious if others also saw this and wonder why now, all of a sudden, some images were pulled. (I recognized the names of some posters and most seemed to be well-established members, so it wasn't like someone new joined and chose an inappropriate image or whatever . . .). o_O

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hey, anyone else notice that some people's avatars seemed to have been pulled? I was looking in N&R, General Discussion, and Chit Chat this morning, and noticed this phenomenon. I half wonder if maybe some people used images that might have some sort of copyright on them? I was just curious if others also saw this and wonder why now, all of a sudden, some images were pulled. (I recognized the names of some posters and most seemed to be well-established members, so it wasn't like someone new joined and chose an inappropriate image or whatever . . .). o_O
I think it's a matter of the pages not loading fully....I noticed it on the alerts page, but when I look at the post, the avatars are there.

Gabe1

Today's wake-up picture

View attachment 61587

Ha! Reminds me of the first few hours when we were trying to teach my Dad (84) how to operate his iPad we just bought him. Envision a man not touching the buttons but trying to push on the glass like it was a computer key.
I thought I'd wet myself as we were trying to get him to learn how to swipe the iPad to unlock or turn a page.
Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom