Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I keep having that happen. There was a free giveaway at a baseball game not too long ago. It was for those over 21. They handed me the floppy hat like it was no big deal. Two days later, there was another giveaway for those 15 and older. They questioned me on my age. I said, "Would you like to see my driver's license that says I'm 19?" When I went to DL last year, we were checking in, and the woman asked me if I was graduating middle school. :mad: Now THAT was stupid. I clearly am not a middle schooler.

Later, my mom sent me to the grocery store. I said to her friend (like this ;)), "I went to the grocery store. And I drove the car to get there!"

So annoying, I remember your pain. I was working at Ohare and people were asking me how young can you work in Illinois? My DD looks very young for her age. I'd say 15-16 at best depending on how she is dressed.
She did Freshman Move going into her Senior year of college. Over and over she got from Freshman parents, so are you looking forward to college and her response started to be yes I was 3 years ago. It was nearly a 100 degrees and she was melting and pretty darn sick of the questions about her age and how they couldn't believe it.

StarWarsGirl

Wow, seems these guys just do not take young persons seriously.
And these kind of people then wonder why young people are rude to them.
They reap what they sow.
I know! The thing is that I've never once been treated that way at the Physical Therapy place (or the other one I went to two years ago) at my doctor's office, at my allergist's office (minus one person, but she's just a crab in general, so...), or at my dentist's office (but they have also watched me grow up and know both of my parents, so it's different). I've been treated like that at Urgent Care (I loved the one time I came in and said, "I have a kidney infection" since I had had one five years before and knew what it felt like. The doctor, who was foreign, didn't believe me until she pressed on my back and said, "Oh, that not supposed to happen." Turned out I was right.) and at another doctor's office, but that particular doctor's staff is comprised of nuns. I've since started going to her other office where the office staff are not nuns and have gotten much better treatment. It's this place that treats me like a child when I am an adult. I think this woman who I spoke to on the phone probably looked at my chart and thought, "What a smart --- teen," but she was treating me like I was stupid.

Interestingly, I went on Yelp and read a review of their sister office that's near where I work. I read one review where a woman had something similar to me, a mole that had changed shape, and had it removed for a biopsy. They were told she had to come back in two weeks later for the results. Well, they ended up calling the pathology place, and they said that it only took three days. Tomorrow, I'm calling the office again and insisting they give me the name of the pathology place that they use. I want to call them and find out exactly how long it takes to get the results, ask if I can get the results sooner as I will be out of town for two weeks, and if they would please contact me directly when they send the results to my doctor's office. Even if they can't tell me directly, I'd like to know when my doctor's office receives the results. Then if they say that it's nothing, I will monitor the spot on my own and go back in ONLY if I think that it may be a problem. Other than that, I'm not going back to that dermatology place. I will get the name of the dermatologist that has treated my Bestie for a number of years and go there if I have any further issues. If it turns out to be something...I might let the doctor treat me for that since he was fine. But their wait time was too long, the doctor barely spent five minutes with me, and the staff, other than basically his nurse and whoever I scheduled the appointment with, was all rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom