Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

Just realized I'm nearing my 13,000th post! :eek:

Also, I don't remember the last time I posted outside the chit chat section (aside from the photography contests). I never even open the other forums anymore... I'm completely clueless about the outside world. I'll just assume it's some mine train thraeds, some complaining, some pixie dusting, and some bickering.
You pretty much nailed it.

Actually, I just went on SparkNotes and looked up WDWMagic. It summarized what happened in each chapter I missed.
wow.. cheating! -1 like! :p

I forgot to say a few thraeds about whether to stay at POR or (insert resort here). You know, because hundreds of other thraeds answering the same question isn't good enough. I can't use "recycled" thraeds. Yuck!
Well, most of these threads require constant updates to be honest. Noone knows when some Hotel goes to crap or is too filled.
The constant threads makes the information of the hotels "fresh".

I honestly would hate to go to POR just to see construction and the whole river drained. (If you get my point lol)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Anything that reminds me of high school chemistry class can't be funny.

In high school Chem was my roughest course. I don't know what it was but Chem and I didn't agree and I struggled.
Bio, Honors Bio, Physics no problem. Chem was the bane of my existence.

StarWarsGirl

I'll have to share that with my DD!

I've done 2 hurricanes while down at Disney but had warning the storms from them were coming. In April of 2012 I did my absolute worst storm out of nowhere. I was on the Backlot Tour getting wet because the rain was sideways. It took me a couple hours to get out of the Studios waiting for the huge rains to stop. I was the only one on the bus back to the resort. I was sitting up in the seat closest to the door talking with the bus driver as he had lived near me years before. As he turned right the bus just hydroplaned and hit the center median. Thank goodness for the median. Driver was so worried about me and I insisted is was just a bump (well a big bump) and I was not even moved by it (well that was a stretch but I wasn't remotely hurt so why pursue.) The next morning the story of the Tree of Life branch falling over night was reported and the nets eventually went up and never came back down.
Those pop up storms are nasty. I missed one this trip in an 80 minute standby queue for Toy. Wasn't thrilled in the queue but so happy when we got out and I saw what we totally missed.
I have so many stories about FL t-storms. I've done one hurricane (Charlie) down in WDW but plenty of storms. Some good some bad. Once we got stuck in one and just rode Star Tours over and over until it passed. Six times, no wait. But some have been bad. Once we got stuck under Astro Orbitor for two hours and could not move. Everything around us was flooded. Then there was that storm which knocked out half the rides. When they reopened Buzz it was just...sad. It should have not been reopened in the state it was in. No music, nothing moving, no sound effects...pathetic. We got stuck undercover at Pirates (which was also knocked out by the storm) for over an hour.

The most memorable storm was when I was entering fifth grade. We had been at Blizzard Beach and it started storming. After waiting an hour for the bus, we were riding home when all the sudden we heard a BANG and a bright light flashed. The bus stopped, I could smell something funky, and something started beeping. We just sat there for a few minutes, and then the bus got going again, but then it happened again. BANG! The bus managed to get us to Boardwalk but was severely damaged. They had to call another bus because we had been struck by lightning (twice). I have no fear of thunderstorms anymore.

PUSH

Original Poster
Well, most of these threads require constant updates to be honest. Noone knows when some Hotel goes to crap or is too filled.
The constant threads makes the information of the hotels "fresh".

I honestly would hate to go to POR just to see construction and the whole river drained. (If you get my point lol)
I was talking more about how someone would ask the same question that someone else asked a couple days earlier. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought.

StarWarsGirl

I have the opposite problem. Having it fixed hurts my ability to shoot accurately. I liked being able to aim down the barrel in DL.
Being teeny helps. I get down behind the cannon so I can aim well. DL I didn't like picking it up. Took me time to get used to it. I still beat my family (mostly because I knew which shapes were worth more from reading a guidebook and didn't bother telling them) but felt off balance. I didn't like their version as well. Too few targets in each room.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I agree.
That being said, I maxed out at 999,999, less than 1/3 of the way through, during our last trip in the fall.

My super-competitive nephew was miffed! Kept insisting I somehow got his points. Funny thing is, we were not even in the same vehicle.
Haha. Bestie thought I was being overconfident when I told her it didn't take me long to get up to 100,000. There were a few times that we rode together (normally I insist on riding alone) including the first time. She gave me that same look she gave me after I didn't warn her about the skunk in Imagination and she looked over at me pinching my nose. Then when we didn't ride together and I maxed out both cannons she was REALLY mystified. She says I somehow cheat:rolleyes:

donaldtoo

I suddenly notice no love for David Hasselhoff's KNIGHT RIDER car?

Well, you could always store in these jugs from Apple juice and Orange Juice?

1.) Well, I'm a guy, so... :rolleyes: Plus, the '82 Trans Am was one a' the worst examples of "American Iron" Detroit ever crapped out. :cool:

2.) Heck no! America needs to go ALL THE WAY and put all beverages in bags... water, milk, juices, soft drinks...!!! :joyfull:
Except beer. :cautious: :cool:

acishere

Being teeny helps. I get down behind the cannon so I can aim well. DL I didn't like picking it up. Took me time to get used to it. I still beat my family (mostly because I knew which shapes were worth more from reading a guidebook and didn't bother telling them) but felt off balance. I didn't like their version as well. Too few targets in each room.
I tried to crouch down behind the cannon. I did a very good job of embarrassing whichever one of my cousin's kids was riding with me.

StarWarsGirl

I tried to crouch down behind the cannon. I did a very good job of embarrassing whichever one of my cousin's kids was riding with me.
I ride by myself; I do what I want. :p I just always end up looking like Wilson Wilson behind the cannon
wilson-wilson_207.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have so many stories about FL t-storms. I've done one hurricane (Charlie) down in WDW but plenty of storms. Some good some bad. Once we got stuck in one and just rode Star Tours over and over until it passed. Six times, no wait. But some have been bad. Once we got stuck under Astro Orbitor for two hours and could not move. Everything around us was flooded. Then there was that storm which knocked out half the rides. When they reopened Buzz it was just...sad. It should have not been reopened in the state it was in. No music, nothing moving, no sound effects...pathetic. We got stuck undercover at Pirates (which was also knocked out by the storm) for over an hour.

The most memorable storm was when I was entering fifth grade. We had been at Blizzard Beach and it started storming. After waiting an hour for the bus, we were riding home when all the sudden we heard a BANG and a bright light flashed. The bus stopped, I could smell something funky, and something started beeping. We just sat there for a few minutes, and then the bus got going again, but then it happened again. BANG! The bus managed to get us to Boardwalk but was severely damaged. They had to call another bus because we had been struck by lightning (twice). I have no fear of thunderstorms anymore.

Yeah we have had both good and bad storms too. We woke to one at POR and it had knocked the main building out no food service, it was Christmas and before coffee pots in room. I packed a 4 cup perker in my suitcase and since we had power in our building I made coffee for us, hot cocco for the kids and then coffee for my folks in the next room. DH got coke for him, and odd breakfast, cookies and stuff like that, kids loved it, Grandparents not so much, lol. Worst trap was under the bridge of Splash Mountain, blew in while we were on Splash.

When we see storms a come'n we have our favorites. When the kids were small it was upstairs in Imagination or the Seas (the original). Ellen and WoL were also good hide outs. We like Pirates to hang at or re-ride. I don't think we've ever been trapped at AK thank goodness. World Showcase if there was time we headed to Mexico or Japan's store. This trip was a longer trip for us and we only had rain one day, while at Epcot we ducked in during one huge downpour in the new bakery in France, doesn't have as much seating as photo's make it seem. We got a seat, then I got DD and I hot tea and coffee for me and we camped for about 45 minutes. We had stalkers hoovering over us but we were not bidging later we as I said got saved in Toy. When we were done with the Studios the rain had pretty much stopped, we headed to AK that was open late, it was about 5pm and we walked onto everything. Right onto the Safari, Dino and Everest. The sun poked out and I got some real good photo's around the park that I'm generally to hot to bother taking.

Our Safari was amazing after the rain for the most part (some animals were lining up to be taken up stage by their back gates. The zebras were acting up again, always entertaining, but the best was the 2 lioness ladies atop the rock having a little dual while the King of the Mountain sat on his role tushie enjoying the entertainment.

Rain is such a mess up to plans but the stories are great.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Yikes! That bus ride you had sounded really scary and unnerving, to say the least. :eek:

As long as it isn't a thunderstorm or worse, I sometimes like rain storms at WDW. If it's really hot, there have been times that I've purposely stayed outside and got drenched, just to cool down! Other times, I've stepped inside buildings; most storms pass fairly quickly.

Last year, I was staying at the Swan, and my room had a balcony that overlooked treetops and the waterway, (heading in the direction of DHS). I was about ready to go outside when it started raining heavily; so I sat on the chair on the (covered) balcony with a cup of coffee. I found that listening to the rain contact the leaves of the trees, to be very peaceful. Another reason I liked the rain was because it became very quiet outside. All the peeps had run indoors! :happy:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Yikes! That bus ride you had sounded really scary and unnerving, to say the least. :eek:

As long as it isn't a thunderstorm or worse, I sometimes like rain storms at WDW. If it's really hot, there have been times that I've purposely stayed outside and got drenched, just to cool down! Other times, I've stepped inside buildings; most storms pass fairly quickly.

Last year, I was staying at the Swan, and my room had a balcony that overlooked treetops and the waterway, (heading in the direction of DHS). I was about ready to go outside when it started raining heavily; so I sat on the chair on the (covered) balcony with a cup of coffee. I found that listening to the rain contact the leaves of the trees, to be very peaceful. Another reason I liked the rain was because it became very quiet outside. All the peeps had run indoors! :happy:

Also have many a fun thunderstorm at Disney story. My favorite is one at Typhoon Lagoon. It wasn't all that warm of a day, so it wasn't very crowded. Storm came up very quickly, so they didn't have the usual warning time - heck, we were still in the wave pool when the lightening started. The lifeguards quickly herded everyone under the little thatch huts and wouldn't let us out! What a show - 9 lightening strikes on the rods on the top of the huts and the different little buildings on the beach. After it cleared (only about 15 minutes), the guests all left and they kept the attractions closed for another hour. We stayed and had a couple drinks at Let's Go Slurpin' and then once they opened - and the bright sun was back out - we rode every slide, etc with zero wait. Fairly certain there were more CMs than guests and at the top of a few of the slides, they were quite happy to see us.

The best place for those storms, though, is definitely as @MinnieM123 said, sitting on the balcony or deck of your room watching. So relaxing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom