1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you stash your phone? Ladies, suggestions

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by Kristamouse, May 14, 2017.

1. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

***** pack question, I've never worn one and am curious, what makes them more comfortable than a cross body bag?

Omg. F. A. N. N. Y. Pack

LAKid53 and jaklgreen like this.
  2. Disney4family

Disney4family Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is more comfortable or not. I think it's a personal opinion.
    I know that after carrying pocketbooks, tote bags and backpacks everywhere else in my life, it's nice not to have anything on my shoulders or across me like that. I don't have to deal with a strap or pull anything up to open it. My f@nny pack is right there. To me, it's easy, the perfect size and convenient (especially since it's clear).
    My husband doesn't mind anything on his shoulders so he chooses to wear the clear backpack (for autograph books, unfinished snacks, small gifts we don't send back to the room, etc.).

21stamps likes this.
  3. allgiggles

allgiggles Well-Known Member

Like Disney4Family said, it's really more of a personal choice. I used to use a f.anny pack. I thought it was a great option for keeping things right at my fingertips while being a hands-free option. What I didn't like is that the thing was always in the way when I went to the bathroom so I had to either take it off or twist it around which usually caused my shirt to come untucked from under the belt of the pack. The bag sometimes got in the way of ride restraints. I never had to remove it for a ride, but sometimes it ended up in an uncomfortable position. I also found that I got a lower back ache when wearing it for long days -- and it wasn't heavy at all. I only had my phone, credit card, cash, a few tissues, and lip gloss in it. So I find the crossbody bag to be more convenient for me. It's easy to slide out of the way. It's not heavy, so it doesn't dig in to my shoulder/neck. Mine can also be worn around the waist (I've never tried that feature though) and has a wristlet strap that I always keep on it and often use. I switch which shoulder I wear it on just to "keep things even" -- but again, the bag is only big enough for my phone, credit cards, cash, and lip gloss so it's not heavy. I also like that it's really easy to take off (no "clip" to undo, just lift the strap over my head) when we have photopass pictures taken. I prefer to not have it showing up in all of our pictures. :D

Some people prefer a f.anny pack and some a crossbody bag (or any number of other options). I don't think either one is more comfortable than the other in general. It's just what's most comfortable for you.

Disney4family and 21stamps like this.
  4. allgiggles

allgiggles Well-Known Member

5. 21stamps

The restroom, in the way, wrinkling my shirt.. is what I would be concerned with. That's what I wondered about.

One good thing we have as women- lots of options! :)

6. Kristamouse

Kristamouse Well-Known Member Original Poster

Wow! Thank you all:)
    I loved the Kipling cross body bag and am running to Target later to rule anything there before I order.
    I might the the phone pouch too to see which works.
    I am a Mom to 6 cuties so I think I will stash some sanitizer, tissues,lip gloss, cash and my AP card and the phone in there.
    Often Hubs and I separate with the kids so each of us having a phone is needed.

helenabear and 21stamps like this.
  7. 21stamps

All of that is what I keep in my Kipling crossbody. Best part- seriously, it can rain, I can throw it on the floor of a ride, something can spill.. and it's totally fine. The fabric is perfect for parks! And it's so lightweight you don't even notice it.

8. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

I prefer the crossbody.

9. Miss.Queenie

Miss.Queenie New Member

I use this.

Attached Files:

10. Allym146

Allym146 Well-Known Member

I'll be bringing a small Herschel backpack. In the past I had a cross body and my one shoulder was always sore. But my phone will reside in my back pocket most of the time.

11. Seabasealpha1

Seabasealpha1 Premium Member

My wife opts for either a wristlet (sp?) or one of those tiny purses with the cross-body strap...(it's like 8x10" or a little smaller).

I personally opt for a small "Sling" style backpack...like teenager sized...it's bigger than my pockets but small enough to fit into those "on ride" compartments...

Though...I'm sure (must be a dude thing) that I'd be screwed without pockets at Disney...

12. DfromATX

DfromATX Well-Known Member

LAM378 likes this.
  13. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

That's me too. I don't buy anything that does not have pockets.

DisneyGirl3820 likes this.
  14. WDWBigEd

WDWBigEd Member

When my wife has no pockets she uses the backpack or my pocket

15. Punky

Punky Well-Known Member

Bra if my bag is too full

16. DisneyGirl3820

DisneyGirl3820 Well-Known Member

Just to add...I also find secure pockets (w/ zippers or really deep), are a good way to go for our family so we don't have to stand on the "check your bags" line, which is extremely long sometimes.

17. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

I've used waist packs and honestly besides how they look, they really started to put pressure on my lower back. With a crossbody, it feels more uniform on my body and I can adjust where the bag falls so it isn't in the way or adding too much.

I will say I noticed a couple months ago the 'bag free' lines were much longer at both MK and Epcot. Seems everyone is going through them now and making the lines much longer.

18. Icebergtip

Icebergtip Well-Known Member

19. elliepixie

elliepixie New Member

I love Vera Bradley crossbody bags, they have different sizes depending on your needs. They are super lightweight and the strap is comfortable. You may notice at the parts, VB is a brand a choice amount women. I usually get them at their Ebay Store, it's directly from VB but at a cheaper price cause some are discontinued items and shipping is free. These are some items:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vera-Bradle...dy-Bag-/201899243563?var=&hash=item74dbfdbe06
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vera-Bradle...istlet-/201721445297?var=&hash=item74c7867335
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vera-Bradle...istlet-/201518252764?var=&hash=item74941cdf08

Roknrollrghostr likes this.
  20. Sweet Thing

Sweet Thing Active Member

My Flip Belt I use for running. Better than a bum bag.