1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you stash your phone? Ladies, suggestions

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by Kristamouse, May 14, 2017.

1. Princess B

Princess B New Member

Waist-pack all the way! ;) Seriously though, Jansport makes some killer ones called "Fifth Avenue Pack" and they come in a large variety of colors. They're the perfect size for my iPhone, wallet, keys, and portable charger. I've even been able to fit a peanut butter sandwich in there with some baby carrots on top of all my usual park stuff! I will shameless promote waist-packs to no end. My friends make fun of me for how attached I am to mine... but honestly, convenience and comfort should always win out when it comes to 12+ hour days at a theme park (I think they're super cute anyways)!

2. _caleb

_caleb Active Member

I always carry a small backpack. Seems like we always end up carrying more at the end of the day than we started with!

bethymouse likes this.
  3. bethymouse

bethymouse Well-Known Member

Wear the cross body type purse, and go to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. You may get picked for the "seat belt" person.:p

4. bethymouse

bethymouse Well-Known Member

A small backpack works well ( sports style). My sons wear it, and we just use it to carry all of our "stuff". We share the" burden " of wearing it.:p

DfromATX likes this.
  5. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

So far it hasn't happened, though my last cross body (just older and needed replaced) had a very neutral thin strap. My current one is bright silver :D

bethymouse likes this.
  6. MissM

MissM Well-Known Member

If it's just phone and id/cards/cash, a wristlet works: https://www.disneystore.com/bags-to...wristlet-by-dooney-bourke/mp/1422868/1000291/

If you need a little more, like chapstick, sunglasses case, etc. a pouchette: https://www.disneystore.com/bags-to...ouchette-by-dooney-bourke/mp/1430586/1000291/ or a letter carrier style bag can work: https://www.disneystore.com/bags-to...-bag-by-dooney-amp-bourke/mp/1360322/1000291/

(Can you tell I'm a Disney Dooney & Bourke fan? :D )

I personally tend to just bring my camera bag since I bring my DSLR and I use that for my wallet/keys/misc items.

Roknrollrghostr likes this.
  7. FettFan

FettFan Well-Known Member

I think next time I go, I'll be largely unplugged.

Meaning that I'll be stashing my phone....in the hotel room safe. :D

8. LAM378

LAM378 Well-Known Member

A little zipper phone pouch that goes around my neck. It has a couple other pockets, so I carry my ID and lip balm in there, too. It's easy to pull out to check the time or whatever, plus I can feel it vibrate if I'm somewhere too loud to hear it ring. I can't go phone-less because my family splits up a lot in WDW.

njDizFan likes this.
  9. Disney4family

Disney4family Well-Known Member

Clear, plastic f@nny pack & my husband carries a clear, plastic backpack - walk right through security. The guards thank us every time.
    I'm still surprised WDW doesn't sell them. We get them on amazon.

10. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

KBLovesDisney likes this.
  11. Tyaloo

Tyaloo Active Member

Another vote for a small crossbody - you are hands free and still keep your essentials close. I don't like to go too far from my phone (for photos) and lip balm!

21stamps likes this.
  12. allgiggles

allgiggles Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the phone pouch you use or at least know the brand? My 12yo DD is looking for something to use to carry her phone around in the non-Disney world. She's not a purse girl and she doesn't really like the 2 pouches I have that go around the neck but is looking for something similar...but different. :)

13. LAM378

LAM378 Well-Known Member

Sure! I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...L420_SR280,420_QL65&keywords=neck+wallet+navy

If your daughter doesn't like this one, search up neck wallets on Amazon. There are TONS of styles. I like this one because it's light and the string doesn't bother me around my neck.

DfromATX likes this.
  14. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

I've had my phone, personal items, money, chapstick and other things like gum in my crossbody this trip. So much easier.

21stamps likes this.
  15. G00fyDad

G00fyDad Well-Known Member

16. KBLovesDisney

KBLovesDisney Well-Known Member

I actually have a different themed VB Disney purse (think it was called Medallion?...not sure). I saw this one in stores but I didn't necessarily like the plain blue/gray color. Also, this is my very first ever VB anything. My mother is a VB addict and I didn't want to follow in the footsteps...until I realized just how good of a quality and make these actually are, and most importantly, it is Disney themed.

G00fyDad likes this.
  17. thomas998

thomas998 Well-Known Member

Yep... People may make fun of them and say they aren't cool... but they are functional and your on vacation.... Even a cheap f.anny pack will work.

18. G00fyDad

G00fyDad Well-Known Member

You should check the nearest outlet shops to you and see if they have a VB store. The closest to us (Simpsonville, KY) has a VB store and they have 50% and 75% off sales all the time.

19. KrzyKtty

KrzyKtty Well-Known Member

We are using a Runningbuddy pouch. They are magnetic and clip onto your pants. Won't help much with your dress though. :/

20. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

DW simply uses the armband she uses for running. Phone's secure and accessible if necessary