Where do i see if I have dining plan included in MM+?

mweier

Original Poster
I recently upgraded FROM a 7-day Magic My Way in Contemporary (Bay lake view) w/ 6-day parkhopper TO a 7-day Contemporary (theme park view) Play/Stay/Dine/Save (incld dining plan) w/ 6-day parkhopper over the phone. It took a good 25 min to get off IVR/hold to speak to someone (and then took another 15 minutes of fumbling about before confirming that they'd applied this upgrade and charged me accordingly. The phone rep didn't inspire a lot of confidence since the first 3 min of our chat involved me trying to convince him that I was eligible for the Play/Stay/Dine/Save discount since February 1 comes AFTER January 1st. Eventually his brian fart cleared and he proceeded to put me on hold several times in an attempt to complete the transaction.

The price they quoted me was less than the difference website said it would be (yay?) and I'm seeing that the website now shows the Theme park view so I know he did something.

However, I'm just seeing "MYW Pkg" for the resort reservation. How can I confirm he didn't screw something up (without calling and wasting another 45 min of my life?) Where would I see the dining package in my web reservations? Shouldn't it be PSDS (or something) insted of MYW?

thanks in advance!
PS: I would have preferred the 35% discount but these are already sold out for my time period thus the other discount)

rd805

Hi! -- it sounds like the dining plan was dropped... It would say magic way plus dining or whatever meal plan you had.. PM if you have any questions would be glad to help.

mweier

Original Poster
So, call 2: I called back to disney reservations and confirmed that the dining plan was missing (thanks for the tip!). That rep then put me on hold for like 5 more minutes before concluding that "his computer was messed up and he'd need to transfer me". He then kept me on hold another 10 min, checking in occasionally before he eventually dropped the call and sent me to the survey (!?)

I called again (call 3) and this time got a friendly (seemingly "with it") CSR who confirmed that my room upgrade had changed but no dining. She then determined that the dining upgrade price (even with the discount) was $300-500 more than either website or guy #1 told me if I was going to keep my current room. I could luckily still switch back to my original room (pre-upgrade) so I told her to make the change and apply the discounted dining upgrade.

confused yet?!

Long story short, the old room shows up now and I'm suppoesd to have discounted dining ($380 for a family of 4 for a week? should still save me a little cash) but I still don't see it anywhere in my receipts or My Reservations page.

I don't see any email receipt from call 3 -- it seemed almost like she was from another travel agency helping WDW with the call backlog. I do, however see the new upgrade pricing in my amount due online, but nothing in writing around what the latest upcharge is for!

do you think I need to call again??

Tom

Beta Return
So, call 2: I called back to disney reservations and confirmed that the dining plan was missing (thanks for the tip!). That rep then put me on hold for like 5 more minutes before concluding that "his computer was messed up and he'd need to transfer me". He then kept me on hold another 10 min, checking in occasionally before he eventually dropped the call and sent me to the survey (!?)

I called again (call 3) and this time got a friendly (seemingly "with it") CSR who confirmed that my room upgrade had changed but no dining. She then determined that the dining upgrade price (even with the discount) was $300-500 more than either website or guy #1 told me if I was going to keep my current room. I could luckily still switch back to my original room (pre-upgrade) so I told her to make the change and apply the discounted dining upgrade.

confused yet?!

Long story short, the old room shows up now and I'm suppoesd to have discounted dining ($380 for a family of 4 for a week? should still save me a little cash) but I still don't see it anywhere in my receipts or My Reservations page.

I don't see any email receipt from call 3 -- it seemed almost like she was from another travel agency helping WDW with the call backlog. I do, however see the new upgrade pricing in my amount due online, but nothing in writing around what the latest upcharge is for!

do you think I need to call again??

Yes. You've already seen that you can't trust them to apply changes correctly, and this is becoming far too common these days. Not all the blame can be placed on the agents though, since Disney is haphazardly implementing MM+ while at the same time keeping the phone agents in the dark on most of the FAQ....while also issuing new discounts, which generate upwards of 50 unique codes that have to be selected from by the agent when applying a discount.

But it's still their obligation to ensure the end result is what you're looking for, before ending the call.

I suggest letting the databases update overnight, then check the site in the morning. If the Dining Plan doesn't appear anywhere on your online confirmation and you don't receive an updated e-mail, call again.

mweier

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip!

Email receipt has finally landed which mentions magic your way dine, so I think 3rd time was a charm. As long as room reservation is good, I figure I can resolve any other issues when I get there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom