Where do Disney Fireworks come from???

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by jmarc63

Disneyworldgure

just a note to clarifiy what you said. the CM Pyrotechs are off duty Firemen from the orlando area. I don't know about current staff but some time ago some were off-duty firemen from Ready Creek.

I used to have a neigbor that did the fireworks for disney and he was a firefighter for the Altamonte springs fire department, so it's not just ready creek.

jmarc63

Originally posted by woofboy111

I used to have a neigbor that did the fireworks for disney and he was a firefighter for the Altamonte springs fire department, so it's not just ready creek.

You didn't read my post carefuly I said that some time ago SOME of them were from the RCID. I also said that they were from the orlando area, Altamonte qualifiys at the Orlando area. I didn't say they all were from RCID. here is what I said.

"' the CM Pyrotechs are off duty Firemen from the orlando area. I don't know about current staff but some time ago some were off-duty firemen from Ready Creek. "

DisneyWorldGuru

You learn something new everyday.

I guess the ones with the shirts work the theater shows and the Illuminations lasers and such...

and it is GURU!!!

LOL :lol:

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by jmarc63

You didn't read my post carefuly I said that some time ago SOME of them were from the RCID. I also said that they were from the orlando area, Altamonte qualifiys at the Orlando area. I didn't say they all were from RCID. here is what I said.

"' the CM Pyrotechs are off duty Firemen from the orlando area. I don't know about current staff but some time ago some were off-duty firemen from Ready Creek. "

Sorry, should have read more carefully...:)

DisneyCP2000

Re: cost of fireworks shows

Originally posted by pyrotec
Having been a pyrotec. for over 14 years in Atlanta, I can tell you that Disneys nightly shows only cost around $3,000 to $8,000 each (this is wholesale cost)

Does anyone know what time they start moving the Illum. barges into the lagoon.

Have a BLAST!
:wave:

Be at China's bridge around 2 or 3 pm. They usually haul them all out around that time. If you're interested in seeing them again at night be at the same spot around 9:45-10:00. When I worked at the park, I used to get stuck behind the bridge every night. I'd end up having to wait 20 min for the barges to go thru.

pepsistar

:lookaroun Hummmmmmmm, anyone know how they do the show at MGM??? How do they do the fireworks on the boat without it getting to any of the CM'S/Characters.

I have been dissapointed with the show at the Magic Kingdom-- Are they planning to spice it up or do something else? Kind of dull compared to the EPCOT and MGM shows.. Could they have something in the lake????? What do you think????

Disney's fireworks are always the BEST but after seeing the other shows the MK needs something!

One more thing does anyone know if the show at Epcot is always the same length?? Seems like it was shorter and the fireworks were mostly white ????? last time??? :veryconfu

pyrotec

mgm fireworks

:wave: The fwks. on the fantasmic ship are "pinwheel" type spinning fwks. and are set on long poles BEHIND the ships railing.

There is also a FLASHPOT type effect when mickey appears , both these effects pose only slight risk to cast members as they are INDOOR type effects ,which means they burn at a lower temp.

Also if you'll notice the cast doesn't come out of the ship until these onboard fwks are done.

disneyland075

I know at Disneyland the fireworks are launched from a parking lot behind Toontown which is where the ashes land. That's why they close the area and about 100 ft in front of it before the show.
disneyland also sets them of that matthorn and big thunder mountuion for the pirates of the carbbion seen and they are sponcer by handa so honda bye the fire works

RunnerEd

Next time you're at the Magic Kingdom ride the train. As the train goes from Frontierland to Mickey's Toontown Fair, look to your right into the woods after BTM. You'll see lots of litter. When I first observed this I thought all the litter was paper plates from picnics. However, I looked more closely and noticed that all those "paper plates" had holes right in their center. Then it hit me. This is debris from the fireworks shows. The multistage shells have cardboard separators that don't burn and just fall to earth as the wind directs. Also, the toxic fumes (heavy metals) from the fireworks travel many miles. Hopefully Disney will scale back or eliminate fireworks in the future.

I think you were speaking for an extremely small minority. I want bigger, more intricate displays. If you don't like them, enjoy Six Flags :brick:

DisneyDope

Does anyone know where disney gets all of those fireworks that they use from? Do they buy them from some other company (that seems like it may get expensive!)? Do they make the fireworks theirselves in some factory on Disney property?

Just wondering, and hopefully someone will come up with an answer!
Red Devil Fireworks supplied them in the 70's but not sure when they started or when they ended their deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom