Where do Disney Fireworks come from???

RobFL

Account Suspended
Some tid-bits of info about Illuminations... :king:

The cosmic explosion which begins the show is made possible through the use of Disney's patented Air Launch Fireworks (ALF) technology.

1,105 shells are fired during each show.

"Special" Floating Effects:
Starfield Effect
Floating Torches

"Special" Colors:
mint green
pumpkin orange
lagoon blue
lavender

Shell Types: comets, candles, mines, shells, tailed shells, crossettes, scattering bees, whistles, reports/salutes, ground effects, floaters.

-Rob

TURKEY

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru

Heck they can hit me in the head with a firework anytime. LOL.

You don't want to be hit by a live firework. It's a good thing that one was a dud. Those things burn at some serious temps.

isnet396

Illuminations 25 (according to my aunt who was a CM) ran about 25 grand a night....you guys should talk to CAC for more info....his dad works on the Illu. show

Ian

JonnyK

All I know is I wish I could be there for the Fourth of July fireworks. It is the best show of the year at WDW.

Me Too, But maybe next year or so.

AliciaLuvzDizne

You all read my mind!

I LOVE FIREWORKS and i was so disapointed this year because i had to work durring ALL of them. Last night i was watching the NY ones on TV when i remembered that i'll be going to wdw in about 20 days and i'll see some awesome ones there!! I asked my dad if he had any idea how much they must cost or how they do that and he didnt have a clue so this thread answered my q's!!
:)

DisneyWorldGuru

I have only seen one show better then Disney's fireworks. It was when Fireworks by Grucci did the fireworks for the Phillies Baseball game I went to. They were the best I have ever seen. This year I was stuck going to a small show near my home. I wish I could have seen the ones in Philadelphia this year butit was packed.

AliciaLuvzDizne

tonight my dad lit some fireworks in the back yard...
not quite as good as disney...but we almost set the tree on fire. that was exciting LOL :rolleyes:

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Stop the Fireworks!

Next time you're at the Magic Kingdom ride the train. As the train goes from Frontierland to Mickey's Toontown Fair, look to your right into the woods after BTM. You'll see lots of litter. When I first observed this I thought all the litter was paper plates from picnics. However, I looked more closely and noticed that all those "paper plates" had holes right in their center. Then it hit me. This is debris from the fireworks shows. The multistage shells have cardboard separators that don't burn and just fall to earth as the wind directs. Also, the toxic fumes (heavy metals) from the fireworks travel many miles. Hopefully Disney will scale back or eliminate fireworks in the future.

AliciaLuvzDizne

ohh right the cardboard thingys!!
once at a carnival my friends and i thought it would be really cool to watch the fireworks from the top of the ferris wheel...
umm we were wrong :rolleyes:
we got pelted with those cardboard thingys so much!! im glad disney aims them better (ya know, towards the back where there arent any people)

Dredd15

Fireworks in Sept?

Hello everyone,

I will honeymooning in WDW this Sept 9-14 and was wondering if they still have the nightly fireworks when the parks close early -- like I believe MK closes at 9 or so.

Its still light outside at 9 in the summer :/

Jason.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Jason,
Its definately dark enough for fireworks at 9pm on the east coast. Have an Awesome honeymoon(im jealous :) ) and enjoy the fireworks!!!

DisneyWorldGuru

Re: Fireworks in Sept?

Originally posted by Dredd15
Hello everyone,

I will honeymooning in WDW this Sept 9-14 and was wondering if they still have the nightly fireworks when the parks close early -- like I believe MK closes at 9 or so.

Its still light outside at 9 in the summer :/

Jason.

fantisy in the sky might not but illumations and fantasmic will deff. run.

Bravo466

The fire works at the Magic Kingdom are actually launched a few miles away. They have the place hidden in the woods. And since it is in the woods they have industrial sprinklers around the area that they keep on before and/or (don't remmeber) adurign the show. It hink i have the specs on that fire works show in terms of shells and price. I have to check when i get back.
-Harris

DCA Fan

I know at Disneyland the fireworks are launched from a parking lot behind Toontown which is where the ashes land. That's why they close the area and about 100 ft in front of it before the show.

pyrotec

cost of fireworks shows

Having been a pyrotec. for over 14 years in Atlanta, I can tell you that Disneys nightly shows only cost around $3,000 to $8,000 each (this is wholesale cost)

Does anyone know what time they start moving the Illum. barges into the lagoon.

Have a BLAST!
:wave:

jmarc63

WDW buys fireworks in bulk from many diff. companys around the world. Walt Disney Enter. has a crew of about 20 CM's who are Pyro. Tech. who run the fireworks. (Sometimes you will see them walking "on stage" wearing a WDW CM shirt with fireworks on it.) I have seen the fireworks area at MK a few years back and got to see how they prepare for a show. They start they day by getting the fireworks from a secure location and bring them to the fireworks area. They then lower the shells into the tubes and wrap the tubes in a silver material. The fireworks are then set off that night from a fireproof booth a few yards from the "launch pad". A tech. turns a key on a board and pushes a button to start the show which is computer programed to be in time with the soundtrack. The board also has an "all-clear" button that they push at the end to clear out all remaining shells.

Also, at world showcase the rails around the lake are there to keep you safe. In 1997 I wanted to get a better picture of the fireworks so I hopped over the fence to go onto the grass and a firework came out of a tube 2 feet from where I was sitting. It scared the out of me!!! I will never do that again.

Disneyworldgure

just a note to clarifiy what you said. the CM Pyrotechs are off duty Firemen from the orlando area. I don't know about current staff but some time ago some were off-duty firemen from Ready Creek.

The silver material on the tubes is just ordinary aluminium foil, It is put over each tube to prevent the shell from getting wet if it rains before a show and to protect it from any other unforseen occurances before a show

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom