WHERE Can We Do This Again? PTN taking a trip...

Curious Constance

I have it on reliable sources that Disneyland's management team is now in boxes awaiting shipment to The Magic Kingdom. The OVERLORD!!! Bob "Bobby" Iger has DEMANDED that Disneyland give their management team to Walt Disney World to cut costs EVERYWHURR!! Upcharges all the time, and WDW will be shuttered within the week.

Or so my source says.

The_Bellringer

I think this is a great deal. During the 60th, when Fantasmic, DL Forever AND PTN were all running it was chaotic and insane.

It'll be nice to be able to see PTN more easily at DCA and will hopefully disperse crowds more.

TP2000

I think this is a great deal. During the 60th, when Fantasmic, DL Forever AND PTN were all running it was chaotic and insane.

It'll be nice to be able to see PTN more easily at DCA and will hopefully disperse crowds more.

Agreed. With Fantasmic! 2.0 coming this summer, there's no reason to create chaos at Disneyland when DCA still has slack.

InsideDisney

A short one.

Across the Esplanade to Disney IPs Loosely Connected To Whatever Brand We Decide Has Something To Do Or Nothing At All With California Adventure.

This is the plan in motion now, but I do not have a timeline just yet. MSEP may continue as a seasonal offering, or DL may go back to its pre-2015 schedule of fireworks and Fantasmic (which is pushing hard toward a D23 weekend debut) and MSEP may finally get the dumpster grave it pines for.

Of course, until Owl City starts blaring over the DCA sound system this could all change.
Doubt this would happen, WOC already has 2 showings scheduled on some summer nights it would be a nightmare if they try to fit paint the night into the schedule. The only time they can try is at 8pm but it would not be fully dark outside yet.

mickEblu

Doubt this would happen, WOC already has 2 showings scheduled on some summer nights it would be a nightmare if they try to fit paint the night into the schedule. The only time they can try is at 8pm but it would not be fully dark outside yet.

I'd imagine they can cut back to one WOC showing or close the park one hour later.

D

Deleted member 107043

Why is moving PTN to DCA reverting to nostalgia?

PTN is literally the last big new thing to come to Disneyland and according to the OP they are considering continuing MSEP as a seasonal offering and moving PTN to DCA. If that doesn't scream we will milk this Disneyland nostalgia money cow until it's dry I don't know what does.

I love you MSEP, but you just need to die already.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Moving PTN to DCA is as lame as moving the Halloween Party back to DCA but I guess it makes sense with the unholy crowds. Even if it's temporary it's still a dumb move. PTN is the successor to MSEP, the night time parade of DL. Like when they moved MSEP before "it glowed away forever" seeing it in DCA will not be the same.

Last edited:

mickEblu

PTN is literally the last big new thing to come to Disneyland and according to the OP they are considering continuing MSEP as a seasonal offering and moving PTN to DCA. If that doesn't scream we will milk this Disneyland nostalgia money cow until it's dry I don't know what does.

I love you MSEP, but you just need to die already.

Oh. I missed the part about MSEP staying. Well that won't help with crowds at all. It would be nice if guests had to chose between a night parade and fireworks.

SuddenStorm

As much as we'd all love to have MSEP die, if they move PTN to DCA, I'm all for it staying in DL Park. That way, guests have to choose between it and Fantasmic, which should help spread out the crowding.

mickEblu

As much as we'd all love to have MSEP die, if they move PTN to DCA, I'm all for it staying in DL Park. That way, guests have to choose between it and Fantasmic, which should help spread out the crowding.

That doesn't help with the horrid crowding on Main Street and the hub though. They need to get people out of DL and into DCA. I say split the entertainment between the parks and close DCA later.

Curious Constance

But, but , but they can't keep saying "Come one, come all for the final MSEP goodbye run! Get here before it's gone!" And then not have it actually go. That's a rip off. If I had scrimped and saved to make it there to see it one more time, I'd be ed if they just decided to keep it around indefinitely.

mickEblu

I always thought closing DCA two hours before Disneyland was another way of saying, "We know this park isn't as good as Disneyland, so we're closing it early."

I took it as "we re too cheap to keep DCA open to pay our employees another 2 hours and now go to Disneyland and shop some more before you leave."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom