Where can I watch The Game at noon?

21stamps

The OSU vs Michigan game is not a night game :(.

It is at 12pm on 11/26. We have dining reservations at 2, so will miss part of it, but I'd rather not be in the room for what we can watch. Anyone know of any place that will be showing the game at that time? Hopefully close to GF?

Newton

ESPN is a great suggestion especially if you are interested in more than one game but you will have a lengthy commute time to and from the Boardwalk. I have watched games at the upstairs lobby bar at the Polynesian before. You can hear the game just fine and the seating is comfortable. The other idea is poolside at the GF. We have watched games there too at the pool in the center courtyard.
Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
ESPN is a great suggestion especially if you are interested in more than one game but you will have a lengthy commute time to and from the Boardwalk. I have watched games at the upstairs lobby bar at the Polynesian before. You can hear the game just fine and the seating is comfortable. The other idea is poolside at the GF. We have watched games there too at the pool in the center courtyard.
Hope that helps.
Thanks!

I agree that the ESPN would be the best, a lot depends on if I can reschedule our brunch to a breakfast. I wasn't sure if tambu lounge had TVs or not..good to know that they do! I think the pool at GF may be our best option..I didn't know there was a tv there. Can you hear it ok?

Upvote 0

Newton

Thanks!

I agree that the ESPN would be the best, a lot depends on if I can reschedule our brunch to a breakfast. I wasn't sure if tambu lounge had TVs or not..good to know that they do! I think the pool at GF may be our best option..I didn't know there was a tv there. Can you hear it ok?
You can hear the tv ok at the GF poolside (interior courtyard pool) but a little more background noise from the pool guests. I think it's a great option if you want to stay close to GF. Also, Tambu has two tvs in the lounge. I have planned many WDW stays around games too!

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
You can hear the tv ok at the GF poolside (interior courtyard pool) but a little more background noise from the pool guests. I think it's a great option if you want to stay close to GF. Also, Tambu has two tvs in the lounge. I have planned many WDW stays around games too!
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one!

Upvote 0

LowesChevy

I've not been to Mizner's recently, but the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian has a big screen. Hop over and get yourself a refresher and make friends with the bartender-they would probably let you put the game on, this is if there are no big southern schools playing at the same time. ;)

pretty sure Out Rim at Cont. has a tv too

Upvote 0

MRGEFF

We always thought "Hey were on vacation, in Disney World", no cell phones, no tablets, no outside world. Maybe we're too old school.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I've not been to Mizner's recently, but the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian has a big screen. Hop over and get yourself a refresher and make friends with the bartender-they would probably let you put the game on, this is if there are no big southern schools playing at the same time. ;)

pretty sure Out Rim at Cont. has a tv too
Thank you!
We always thought "Hey were on vacation, in Disney World", no cell phones, no tablets, no outside world. Maybe we're too old school.
I agree with you on most of that!
No video games, use phone for Disney apo online at parks..as little electronics as possible..BUT the biggest game of the regular season ncaa football (for me), and this year that game will more than likely decide which of those teams will go to the playoffs.. There is no way that I can miss that game!

So far I haven't had luck with changing my 1900 PF brunch.. So looks like I may miss part of it :( I am going to keep trying though!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So nothing at any of the monorail resorts?

I'm going to try and move out 1900 Park Fair to a breakfast instead of a brunch.

I would do that. Your best bet is going to be ESPN Club at Boardwalk.

That's going to be a weekend full of good games...Auburn vs. Alabama, FSU vs Florida, that game you want to see, Clemson vs South Carolina, plus other in-state rivalry games. I believe they refer to that weekend as rivalry weekend. Most monorail resort bars have only one or two TVs. Not all the big games have announced the times yet. I'm going to assume the Michigan/OSU game has been set because if OSU & Michigan maintain their rankings, that will be a game between #2 & #3 - Game Day will probably be there if those rankings hold.

We watched the FSU/UF game in our hotel room two years ago. Had plenty of football snacks, beer, wine and I decorated our resort room door with appropriate signage. Best part? A bathroom I didn't have to share with other excited/disappointed inebriated football fans.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I would do that. Your best bet is going to be ESPN Club at Boardwalk.

That's going to be a weekend full of good games...Auburn vs. Alabama, FSU vs Florida, that game you want to see, Clemson vs South Carolina, plus other in-state rivalry games. I believe they refer to that weekend as rivalry weekend. Most monorail resort bars have only one or two TVs. Not all the big games have announced the times yet. I'm going to assume the Michigan/OSU game has been set because if OSU & Michigan maintain their rankings, that will be a game between #2 & #3 - Game Day will probably be there if those rankings hold.

We watched the FSU/UF game in our hotel room two years ago. Had plenty of football snacks, beer, wine and I decorated our resort room door with appropriate signage. Best part? A bathroom I didn't have to share with other excited/disappointed inebriated football fans.
That's awesome!!!!
I'm not decorating the room (bringing Christmas decorations hopefully) but we will be in our OSU gear for sure! I'm so upset that it is a day game!!!
I'll keep trying to change the reservation, if not then I think we'll have to do the pool bar. I'll arrive early and attempt to sweet talk the bartender into putting on "my" game.lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MRGEFF

Thank you!

I agree with you on most of that!
No video games, use phone for Disney apo online at parks..as little electronics as possible..BUT the biggest game of the regular season ncaa football (for me), and this year that game will more than likely decide which of those teams will go to the playoffs.. There is no way that I can miss that game!

So far I haven't had luck with changing my 1900 PF brunch.. So looks like I may miss part of it :( I am going to keep trying though!
Funny, though I'm not sure if you meant missing part of the brunch OR part of the game. :bawling: LOL Anyway, good luck with changing your plans

Upvote 0

rob0519

Well, I certainly wouldn't move and ADR to worry about a football game. You can DVR it, watch the highlights on ESPN, etc. I'm a Blackhawks ticket holder and I was in the MK the night they won the Stanley Cup in that incredible game in Boston. No matter the sporting event, no matter who wins or loses, most of our lives remain unchanged. Just my opinion and BTW, GO BLUE.

Upvote 0

slowjoe170

The OSU vs Michigan game is not a night game :(.

It is at 12pm on 11/26. We have dining reservations at 2, so will miss part of it, but I'd rather not be in the room for what we can watch. Anyone know of any place that will be showing the game at that time? Hopefully close to GF?
How about streaming the game live to your phone or tablet while in the parks. There are plenty of free and pay services. This link should get you pointed in the right direction:

http://broadcastinglivesports.com/ohio-state-football-live-stream/

Also, if you have a Cable TV provider at home, sometimes they have an App for viewing on a mobile device.
I have gone to extremes on game day over the years to watch or listen to Saints games while in the parks. It's a blast though, with everyone in their teams gear, high fiving and talking trash. The only problem I ever had was while eating lunch at Le Cellier in Canada. Not very good reception in there, since it's underground.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnD

8pm FSU-Clemson game on 10/29. I'm planning on eating in CG and watching Wishes during that time. Being on primetime ABC maybe it will be on in the CG lounge?

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Well, I certainly wouldn't move and ADR to worry about a football game. You can DVR it, watch the highlights on ESPN, etc. I'm a Blackhawks ticket holder and I was in the MK the night they won the Stanley Cup in that incredible game in Boston. No matter the sporting event, no matter who wins or loses, most of our lives remain unchanged. Just my opinion and BTW, GO BLUE.
It's not just "a football game" to me.lol. I can not wait to watch the Buckeyes beat the Wolverines!!
How about streaming the game live to your phone or tablet while in the parks. There are plenty of free and pay services. This link should get you pointed in the right direction:

http://broadcastinglivesports.com/ohio-state-football-live-stream/

Also, if you have a Cable TV provider at home, sometimes they have an App for viewing on a mobile device.
I have gone to extremes on game day over the years to watch or listen to Saints games while in the parks. It's a blast though, with everyone in their teams gear, high fiving and talking trash. The only problem I ever had was while eating lunch at Le Cellier in Canada. Not very good reception in there, since it's underground.
Thanks! I thought about trying to stream the game if all else fails!
8pm FSU-Clemson game on 10/29. I'm planning on eating in CG and watching Wishes during that time. Being on primetime ABC maybe it will be on in the CG lounge?
If they have a tv I'm sure they'll put it on!
I didn't check CG, looked online and found that Mizner's does have a tv, couldn't find photos of one at Citricos though.
Funny how we (me) never notice a television until you really need one.lol

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Well if there is only one TV and you plan to watch a Big Ten game in Florida I think your fooling yourself they will be playing a more regional game. I live in Big Ten country and I usually miss the games when I'm down there unless I go to a sports bar or ESPN only way to make sure your going to see the game if it means that much to yeah. Good Luck!!

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Well if there is only one TV and you plan to watch a Big Ten game in Florida I think your fooling yourself they will be playing a more regional game. I live in Big Ten country and I usually miss the games when I'm down there unless I go to a sports bar or ESPN only way to make sure your going to see the game if it means that much to yeah. Good Luck!!
Typically I would agree.. However, the only game that I would be worried about on that day is the Bama Auburn game which is still TBA at this point. I can't imagine that the Top 3 would have their games scheduled at the same time that day..but who knows. Still trying to change 1900 PF, so we'll see what happens..if I can then we will head over to the Boardwalk. Do both pools at GF have tvs? If so it may improve my odds if we have to keep the brunch.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom