Where Are You NOT Permitted to Videotape?

tpieples

Original Poster
Does anyone know which attractions you are not permitted to take videos for home viewing purposes?
Is there a place where I can find a complete list?

I've been nicely scolded on RnR Rollercoaster, ToT, and on Dinosaur, and I don't want to further embarrass my kids...But I am one of those that MUST videotape everything.:brick:
Thanks!

DigitalDisney

I've been able to tape all three of the attractions you mentioned, but it's been a long time since I taped anything. I've seen attraction hosts that care a lot, and others that just say their spiel and walk away.

It honestly depends on who's running the ride. If you can do it, stop by later if you get yelled at. Where there's a will, there's a way...

mikebrakes

Other attractions I remember being told you can't tape are Carousel Of Progress, Stitch's Great Escape, and Impressions De France. I got stopped on all three.:lol:

The three you mentioned I was able to tape. It all depends on the castmember. There were a few I was told in the past no taping, but my last trip (December 2004) they didn't say "no taping" - so I did. Such as MuppetVision, Honey I Shrunk The Audience, and Ellen's Energy Adventure. (OK, she says "no taping" during the preshow, but the castmember didn't - so I taped it.)

As a general rule - if the castmember specifically says "no videotaping", he/she will stop you. If they don't say anything - go ahead. If they say anything just tell them "nobody said you can't tape." One time you go on a ride they will stop you. The next time a different castmember might not care. You never know.

mikebrakes

A few others I remember you can't tape incluse One Man's Dream and The Art Of Disney Animation. I didn't even try on those. (There's a castmember sitting right up front of both.:lol: )I also read you can't tape Who Wants To Be A Millionaire but I didn't go there.

Lakermouser

Videotaping

The policy changes every time we go. Last year I taped ToT, Test Track, Dino, Soarin', Spaceship Earth. I was asked not tape RnR, an anouncement said no taping in Oh! Canada. In '95 I taped Oh! Canada.
I think it is the discretion of the CM at the time that determines the policy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom