When will Epcot get some love?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
All 3 parks have gotten expanded and some new goodies. All Epcot has is half of Future World if that, the World Showcase is really the only area that's fully functional, the only staple attraction Epcot has is Illuminations which in my opinion Epcot is nothing without at this time.

SteamboatJoe

Root around the News and Rumors board. Discussions and planning are well under way. Adding the Ratatouille ride from DLP to the France pavilion, a new, small flat ride at UK, the addition of Brazil and perhaps one other country to World Showcase, updates to the Mission: Space show, and a Guardians of the Galaxy or other new attraction where Universe of Energy is are all ideas that have been rumored as in the works. Some have supposedly been green lit and funded. With Shanghai now complete and WDW's 50th Anniversary coming up in a few years, I would expect to see some at least some significant changes, upgrades, and/or refurbishments at Epcot.

copcarguyp71

I'd just be thrilled beyond belief to see closed areas re-opened / re-imagined. Odyssey, WOL pavilion, Millennium Village, upstairs at Imagination and The Captain EO theater to mention a few before we go opening new areas. "Special Events" is a thinly veiled "move along...nothing to see here."

Mickey5150

I love Epcot, happily will enjoy new attractions but Epcot is like AK, it's not about the rides as much as it is about slowing down and taking it all in. I can easily spend a day in just Future World or World Showcase. Heck I could probably spend a whole day just watching the manatees but that's another story all together. Give me Ratatouille, redo WOL and Innoventions, and turn Odyssey into a permanent festival center and I'd be more than happy.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Epcot is going to get some love soon, but its going to be on the World Showcase Side first I believe. This is based on what I read from the true insiders on this site with UK and France getting a attraction each.

My own take is Epcot was a really great park back when I first went to WDW in 1991 and I liked it better than Magic Kingdom. I feel Disney did missteps in Future World like what they did to Imagination Pavilion, Wonders of Life and Innoventions. While World Showcase isn't quite what it was due to Frozen, it is still a great half of the park. Epcot in general is a theme park that never was made to go park commando even in its peak unlike the Magic Kingdom. The truth is guests mess out on stuff if they go park commando at Epcot since the nature of it is more than attractions and ride.

I hope the new stuff that is rumored for World Showcase isn't going to ruin the pace of the park. World Showcase to me is about the Atmosphere, the food, the shops and the live entertainment, not about rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom