When was Test Track "crash sequence" removed?

Kevin Page

Original Poster
Just curious as it doesn't seem like it will ever be back.

I first rode it in Dec 99 with it working (and liked it), but ever since it is either not working or not intended to work.

Anyone know the full "nitty gritty" on why is was stopped and when?

Kevin Page

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The crash sequence is still running. I think you must have been unlucky and ridden on occasions where the effect has failed. :)

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by wdwmagic
The crash sequence is still running. I think you must have been unlucky and ridden on occasions where the effect has failed. :)

Do you mean the part where you crash into the wall, which then breaks away to bring you outside? It was working yesterday!

Tom Morrow

Which crash sequence are you talking about? I rode TT about 3 months ago, and the only thing I noticed missing/broken was the empty car crashing in front of you before your vehicle's "barrier test".

Pioneer Hall

Yeah the car that crashes it to the wall doesn't seem to be working. For the past 2 years every time I have ridden TT it hasn't been working.

Kevin Page

Original Poster
Okay, okay, okay, let me be more specific.

NOT the almost near crash with the Tractor Trailer truck

I'm talking about before you get launched outside, a car would come out from behind the wall and crash into it.

NOw, and for the past few years, the car just sits there crashed into the wall not moving.

That is the part I'm talking about :)

Kevin Page

s25843

It worked once of the last two trips that TT was open. It worked in Feb. of 2001, but it didnt work in Nov. of 1999. I have it on video from last Feb, ill see if its working when I go in a couple of days....

NowInc

I ride TT a lot...and every time the crash sequence has worked...

sooo...i think you have just been getting unlucky..

Innovention

When I was just ther this past January, I took my father on the ride and as I passed the Chevy Cavilier (It looks like) sitting up against the wall, I told him how that car used to go back and forth, crashing, and then resetting.

I noticed that like the past 4 times I have been on the ride, even months ago, the "crash test" did not take place. It just sat there. I pointed the same thing out to my girlfriend when we were there back in July, so it is at least that long ago.

adr315

In Feb 2001, last time i rode Test Track, it worked....im going the weekend of 22-24, and im gonna ride Test Track, so i'll tell u guys if its working.

Dizknee_Phreek

what i wanna know is, why is it everytime i've ridden TT, the tv thingy in the car doesn't work, and the little heat sensor thing at the end doesn't work? am i just unlucky when it comes to that, or is it the same deal with everyone?

NowInc

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
what i wanna know is, why is it everytime i've ridden TT, the tv thingy in the car doesn't work, and the little heat sensor thing at the end doesn't work? am i just unlucky when it comes to that, or is it the same deal with everyone?

again...unlucky...

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

Last Sunday both the heat sensor and TV were working.

orlpassholder

wow I think the past few times I have rode it the tv has never worked and the crash scene is not on either hmmm CM must have replaced the gerbals at the wheels of those parts ;)

NowInc

Well...rides have glitches.....

Look at CoP...9 times out of the 10 I rode it last..it didnt "turn" when it was supposed to. I was forced to see the same scene twice....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom