When to go!?

abhouse

Hi everyone, I am trying to start planning our next trip to Disney for 2018. The first time we went was the last week of October 2016 and it was wonderful. The weather was perfect (mid 70's to around 80) and it wasn't too crowded. Now that my kids are all getting older it's harder to take them out of school so my options for our next trip are

3/29 - 4/7
6/8 - 6/16
8/20 - 8/28

Which would you choose? I am worried about the spring break dates just because Easter falls on 4/1 in 2018 and I know Easter is very busy there. But I'm also worried because I've heard all about the summer heat/humidity. We live in Michigan so it does get quite humid here in the summer but I'm sure Florida is worse!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Courtney6682

Another vote for August

Edited to add....I said I would NEVER do Disney in July or Aug after having only gone during those months from the late 90's up thru 2003. I caved and decided to go July 30-Aug 7th 2015 and it was totally fine! Heat wasn't unmanageable and neither were the crowds. The later in August the better, because most Southern and West Coast schools have started their school years. I'm from Philly and my kids have even gone back in August some years. Long story short, late Aug will prob be great. I'll be there Aug 17-22 this yr!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

Hi everyone, I am trying to start planning our next trip to Disney for 2018. The first time we went was the last week of October 2016 and it was wonderful. The weather was perfect (mid 70's to around 80) and it wasn't too crowded. Now that my kids are all getting older it's harder to take them out of school so my options for our next trip are

3/29 - 4/7
6/8 - 6/16
8/20 - 8/28

Which would you choose? I am worried about the spring break dates just because Easter falls on 4/1 in 2018 and I know Easter is very busy there. But I'm also worried because I've heard all about the summer heat/humidity. We live in Michigan so it does get quite humid here in the summer but I'm sure Florida is worse!

Any advice would be appreciated!
Avoid Easter like the plague and August is miserably hot and steamy. June will see a surge in attendance because schools are just getting out but that would be my choice out of the dates you listed.

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

We are going the last week in August and we are from Massachusetts and we had such a humid, hot summer. I compared our weather to WDW and it was the same so I figure we are all set!

Upvote 0

Andrew Appleby

We're from the UK and we are already booked for last 2 weeks in August.

My wife and I went last 2 weeks in August for our Honeymoon in 2011 and it was weather and crowd wise.

Upvote 0

SAV

We usually go that second week of June and love it. The big summer crowds haven't arrived at that point. It's hot, but not melt your shoes to the ground hot. Unfortunately because of the Kids sports schedules, we need to go in Late July this year. My wife vowed to never do Florida in August again because the last 2 times we went down we were rained out because of Tropical Storms.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

We went in Sept. once and that was it for us. It was too hot and humid for us. We felt like we melting all the time we were out. We did all the keep cool tips but were still worn out by the weather. So, It's November or Feb/March for us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom