when to go...

Madhatter06

I worked at Disney Feb-Aug and they always said the second week of January to the beginning of February is dead!!

Amen to that! Just went last week (8th through the 12th) which was the second week of January and it wasn't crowded at all. The longest wait was 30 min and that was space mountain without a fastpass! It was also a mild 65 with a breeze most days, so even those longer waits in the sun was nothing.

I would totally endorse going then. Most of the holiday decorations were still up too, so you get the luxury of seeing the trees in Epcot and Animal Kingdom without the crowds!

jessnic95

We went the last week of September and it was great. We didn't wait more than 10 minutes for anything, and most rides we were able to almost walk right on. The weather is still very warm - 90sih, but it was definitely bearable!

Chevross

I've been to WDW a lot and around the same time of year (July) and it seems that it is getting less crowded. I think gas prices could be causing that.

Dagger

We went the last week of September and it was great. We didn't wait more than 10 minutes for anything, and most rides we were able to almost walk right on. The weather is still very warm - 90sih, but it was definitely bearable!

Was there a lot of rain? We really want to get in a bunch of pool time!

jfries10

My wife and I will be there late April (21-28). From what i have read, it shouldn't be too bad, as we miss the sping break/Easter rush, and get there before summer break for schools.

Any thoughts?

Tim G

NO discussions about gay days...

They start every year...

And every time these threads explode!!!

So NOT this year...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Amen to that! Just went last week (8th through the 12th) which was the second week of January and it wasn't crowded at all. The longest wait was 30 min and that was space mountain without a fastpass! It was also a mild 65 with a breeze most days, so even those longer waits in the sun was nothing.

I would totally endorse going then. Most of the holiday decorations were still up too, so you get the luxury of seeing the trees in Epcot and Animal Kingdom without the crowds!

We were there Jan 6-17. I wouldnt exactly call it dead. The weekends were heavy. E ticket attractions were 30-60 minute waits. EE, Soarin, and TT, were 120 at times.

Dont go during this time period thinking you will be strolling around on empty streets, which is what I think of when the term dead is used.

k.hunter30

NO discussions about gay days...

They start every year...

And every time these threads explode!!!

So NOT this year...

Uh... It was more of a question - not a discussion. But I can see it's a sore subject for ya... I was just wondering about the date (stating it happens every year doesn't help much) and was very particular not to put anythig subjective in my post. Oh well. :)

Tim G

Uh... It was more of a question - not a discussion. But I can see it's a sore subject for ya... I was just wondering about the date (stating it happens every year doesn't help much) and was very particular not to put anythig subjective in my post. Oh well. :)
It was not meant to you... no way...

Just a warning in general... :D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
But, Corrus is correct. 99% of the time when it is brought up, the thread ends up getting locked because some people dont know how to act in cyber-public.

Deadmanwalking

But, Corrus is correct. 99% of the time when it is brought up, the thread ends up getting locked because some people dont know how to act in cyber-public.

It would be nice though to know the actual date whether so people could avoid it or try not to miss it. I don't know how giving a date could be controversial.

I wasn't even aware it existed.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It would be nice though to know the actual date whether so people could avoid it or try not to miss it. I don't know how giving a date could be controversial.

I wasn't even aware it existed.

And you know what, if you were there on the day it was being held, you would likely not be aware that you were in the middle of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom