When to buy park tickets?

traveler_t

We plan to be in WDW in a couple of months. When to buy the park tickets? If I buy now there is always a risk we'll need to cancel and tickets are not refundable. Hard to say if/when we could visit again. If we wait with purchase - can prices go significantly up? can they ever sell out a date? We aim for a very busy week if that matters.

JIMINYCR

When exactly are you going? Disney hasnt been "selling out". Park closures have happened at Easter, July 4, NYE and Christmas when they get slammed by everyone wanting to get in on the special days and events. Parks also close early certain days for special events that you can see ahead of time by their scheduling. The last price change I think was an increase of around $50 if I remember correctly.
Id wait until you are closer to going when you can be sure the trip is a definite go.

Upvote 0

yensid67

undercovertourist.com has a 365 day refund policy, I think. But give them a call and see if they can be of any help.
I know you won't be able to get no expiration tickets any longer! So, I would suggest you sit with everyone going and figure it out for at least within a year...assuming you will go within the year after canceling! TALK WITH UNDERCOVERTOURIS. COM...they can offer suggestions!

undercovertourist.com- 1-800-846-1302

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

Are the days gone of buying a ticket now and using it whenever during the upcoming year? Are we tied to buying tickets for certain days?

Upvote 0

LeighM

undercovertourist.com has a 365 day refund policy, I think. But give them a call and see if they can be of any help.
I know you won't be able to get no expiration tickets any longer! So, I would suggest you sit with everyone going and figure it out for at least within a year...assuming you will go within the year after canceling! TALK WITH UNDERCOVERTOURIS. COM...they can offer suggestions!

undercovertourist.com- 1-800-846-1302
We plan to be in WDW in a couple of months. When to buy the park tickets? If I buy now there is always a risk we'll need to cancel and tickets are not refundable. Hard to say if/when we could visit again. If we wait with purchase - can prices go significantly up? can they ever sell out a date? We aim for a very busy week if that matters.

And I think I got an email from Undercover Tourist that they are offering their special of WDW adult tickets at child prices again, but it expires one day next week. Since they have the refund guarantee, you can buy now while tickets are cheaper and you can save money, cancel later if you need to.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Off-topic, but when the time comes, I find this tool to be very handy if you want to save as much as possible on your ticket purchase. (One of its many features is that it will price tickets with different start dates -- all valid during the dates you actually want to visit the parks, of course -- in order to find you the best price.) It's recommended different third party vendors for us -- all authorized resellers -- at different times (including Undercover Tourist, mentioned above, Boardwalk Ticketing, and others), and we've had great purchasing experiences with them all.

As an example, I just ran a sample search for 5-day parkhopper tickets over February break (valid between 2/17-24), and the lowest vendor price for, e.g., 4 adult tickets, is $378 less than the cost of purchasing directly from Disney.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

@Weather_Lady Sounds like you've used Boardwalk Ticketing? Can you elaborate more? It looks legit but DH is skeptical because it's cheaper than going through WDW directly. I would LOVE to save money, personally!
We've bought from them twice. As I recall, our physical ticket cards arrived in the mail a few days later and I linked them to My Disney Experience, as usual. We've also bought from Undercover Tourist (on occasions when it was cheapest), and had the same good experience.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Thank you for the great feedback!
Actually, I just went back and checked my confirmation from last time we purchased from Boardwalk Ticketing. We didn't even have to wait for the physical tickets to arrive in the mail (although they _were_ mailed to us): our confirmation follow-up email had the code(s) we needed to link our tickets to MDE right away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@Weather_Lady Sounds like you've used Boardwalk Ticketing? Can you elaborate more? It looks legit but DH is skeptical because it's cheaper than going through WDW directly. I would LOVE to save money, personally!

I used them this year as well - I was surprised too when the Touring Plans tool showed them to be cheaper than Undercover Tourist for my dates. I received my payment confirmation immediately which said I would receive an email within 24 hours with my electronic tickets, and that email did come within 24 hours. (The no frills website had me a bit nervous but I couldn’t imagine Touring Plans giving out bad information.)

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

We used boardwalk ticketing last year and had a great experience. We plan to use them again this year as they’re the. Healers option for our dates in Aug/Sept. I was able to link the tickets in MDE and was so easy and convenient. We did get a physical ticket (it was Tiana which my mom loved) mailed to us within a week (we’re in Hawaii and things take forever)!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom