When others think your Disney Vacation is stupid...

star77kc

Hi guys!! I thought maybe some of you may have had this problem in the past, and I wanted to see how others like myself feel about it. I am planning my twins 1st visit to the world for this upcoming December. I want to stay at the Art of Animation suites for 8 nights. My kids will only be 2 years old, so my plan was to go to the parks 5 days (1 day Epcot, 1 day AK, 1 day HS, and 2 days MK) with 2 "off" days to relax. I keep hearing "I can't Believe your going to pay that much to go to Disney", "why are you going for so long?" And "the kids won't even remember it". I'm starting to feel depressed about it as most people just don't understand. It has been a dream of mine for so long to be taking my kids for the 1st time, and now people are squashing it lol Does this happen to anyone else??

popcenturylover

Who the heck cares what anybody else says! You're making memories for you & your family! We took our youngest daughter to WDW when she was 8 months old for her 1st visit. She doesn't remember it but, asks to see the photo album from that visit all the time! We went again in September when she was a month shy of 4 to celebrate her b-day. Now she's ready to go back again this year!

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Hi guys!! I thought maybe some of you may have had this problem in the past, and I wanted to see how others like myself feel about it. I am planning my twins 1st visit to the world for this upcoming December. I want to stay at the Art of Animation suites for 8 nights. My kids will only be 2 years old, so my plan was to go to the parks 5 days (1 day Epcot, 1 day AK, 1 day HS, and 2 days MK) with 2 "off" days to relax. I keep hearing "I can't Believe your going to pay that much to go to Disney", "why are you going for so long?" And "the kids won't even remember it". I'm starting to feel depressed about it as most people just don't understand. It has been a dream of mine for so long to be taking my kids for the 1st time, and now people are squashing it lol Does this happen to anyone else??

It does happen. Pay no attention to them, though. They just don't get it. Peter Pan would never bother with their window...

Upvote 0

Jillie Fish

I think you should do what makes you happy. I am of the mentality that I will not be taking my child(ren) until they are at least 5. They will be staying with their grandparents ;) while my future DH and I go to WDW. (DB/ Future DH and I have already discussed this). Waiting until they are 5 is what is going to make me happy. If going before 5 makes you happy, then go for it!!! It's about you, your family, and your budget!

And people need to learn to keep their mouths shut. If you don't agree with someone's vacations plans, fine. But keep it to yourself. Because last time I checked, their vacation has no bearing on you. The appropriate response is to be happy for that person.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Don't listen to them! I used to feel the same way until my wife talked us into taking our youngest at 14 months old, and we stayed 9 days. She's now 3 and will be going for the 4th time this June. No, she probably won't remember all of the trips we've taken, but the rest of us will never forget those memories. We didn't take our older daughter until she was 9 and we regret not taking her sooner.

There's no question it will be tiring, but watching your little ones interact with the characters, ride the rides and see the parades is priceless in my opinion. Find out where all the baby care stations are in each park and take a stroller with plenty of room to carry all you stuff. I don't know if yours are skittish with characters, but we had our daughter watch videos of the characters (along with Disney movies) leading up to our trip and it helped in that regard.

Upvote 0

Mot

Thanks so much for replying guys!! I know my kids will have a great time, and I will always remember the look on their face when they meet Mickey for the 1st time (good or bad! Lol) unfortunately, my husband isn't really a Disney lover, but he is allowing the trip because it means so much to me. Anybody have any advice on how to sway him?? Lol
Just wait, it may be this trip when he sees the Magic. Mine was in HS pushing the stroller when I looked up to see the billboard of my daughter's favorite TV show - Dinosaurs.
He may get it when he realizes walking towards the castle the outside world just got left behind.
Don't worry the Magic will hit him when he least expects it.

Upvote 0

Mot

A lot of people at my work have never been to Disney and when I try to talk to them about it they just think it is weird that i have been so many times.

I will say though that finally a few months ago we hired 2 girls who are Disney fans like me and now I finall have people at work to talk to about it. We are both finalizing our next trips but we are not going at the same time.
Funny everyone thinks my wife and I are a bit weird but they always seem to come to us for trip advise. It's always fun to hear that they found the Magic and are thinking of planning another trip because they didn't see everything. My wife has a great Disney conversation starter, her purse. It catches everyone's eye and leads to great discussions.

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

I took my son to WDW when he was two years old and while he doesn't remember much about it, I do. He had a great time and one particular CM went out of her way at Woody's hoedown to really spoil him. Great stuff. He has plenty of memories now from going back again and again, and a highlight is being able to access those rides that he was too small for from the previous trip.

Upvote 0

DfromATX

We get this all the time and I don't even have babies anymore. We're taking our 4th trip this summer and I've already gotten "You're going AGAIN???" or "Why don't you go somewhere else?" I think comments like that are really rude. I would never question someone elses vacation. We are obviously doing something that WE love to do. I would just ignore the negative Nellies out there. Maybe they are jealous! ;)

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Hey, to each his own. Go and enjoy yourself. Our family's decision was to wait until both kids were 100% out of strollers so we took them for the first time at ages 5 and 7, but if you want to bring them now, I say go for it at any age that suits you. But beware starting the addiction - we've been back every 1.5-2 years since then! LOL

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Next time someone says this to you, respond with:

"you're right!!! What was I thinking?" Get out your cell phone, pretend to talk to a travel agent, and tell them to immediately cancel YOUR family's vacation. Pretend that the agent is asking why and explain that a good friend was just telling you how stupid it was and that they were right. Pretend to explain to the travel agent that your friend has accepted the job of being your travel agent and will make all future travel decisions and arrangements for you.

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

Honestly, I don't care if people like it or not. Which is rare for me. I usually worry a lot about what people think. On this subject I could care less. To me this is the best memory making for our dollar. Going on vacation is a priority in our family b/c my husband and I were never able to go as kids. So we make a concerted effort to go somewhere every year or at least every other year and do a huge trip. Some people may not get our choice of Disney, but oh well. It isn't their family and it isn't their money.

Upvote 0

luv

People who make those comments are rude, so I immediately know I have better manners than they do and I feel superior.

They are also frequently jealous.

I am not bothered by their comments. I pretty much have mentally dismissed them before they are done with their unoriginal, "It's for kids" and "Again?!" crap.

Upvote 0

luis71091

I get the "againnnn??????????!!!" All the time! You know what, If it makes you and your family happy, why not spend the money?? Life's too short to listen to those ridiculous comments. I'm 21, and I go about 5 times a year, and I couldn't care less what people say, because it's my happy place, and that's all that matters.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom