When is the best time to go to WDW for mild weather Fall/Winter Season?

HoneyBee1991

I am hoping to get some help picking the right time to go on our honeymoon, which honestly is stressing me out more than the actual wedding. But I'm not just interested in what pertains to my own situation but what other WDW fans feel is their trip "sweet spot."

I am getting married in late October (2018) and have already found out that I don't want to go in October. We went to WDW last late September/early October and the crowds were fairly low and we loved the MNSSHP so much we went twice. However, we will never go that close to summer again, ever! It is way too hard on our Northern Michigan bodies to handle 80-90 degree weather plus humidity in the fall.

We are thinking of having our Honeymoon in late November/early December. I was told that the last week of November and the first week of December have fairly light crowds and good weather. I can see the first week of December but am afraid people will still be on extended Thanksgiving vacations the last week of November. Can anyone give me some insight into this? We will be in Florida for two full weeks.

Which is better for weather and crowds? The last week of November and the first week of December or the first two weeks of December?

We are driving down from Michigan (its about 19 hours) and want to avoid as much traffic as possible. We will be driving on a Saturday and Sunday both ways (stopping for rest).

Now for the part I'm sure people will find more fun:

When is your favorite time to go to WDW for low crowds and the best weather?

Bonus Question:

How do you like the hard ticket Christmas Party at MK?
Best day to go?

Jess G

I would either do mid November (before thanksgiving) or early December (a full week after thanksgiving). I was there in early/mid November for a couple weeks this year. I was there for the last days of food and wine and also when it ended. As far as crowds go it really does make a huge difference (Epcot only) to wait for F&W to be over. If low crowds is your goal I would wait until after that over for sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I would either do mid November (before thanksgiving) or early December (a full week after thanksgiving). I was there in early/mid November for a couple weeks this year. I was there for the last days of food and wine and also when it ended. As far as crowds go it really does make a huge difference (Epcot only) to wait for F&W to be over. If low crowds is your goal I would wait until after thats over for sure.
Thank you

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

I would consider going in early/mid November, but for different reasons. We went in 2015 in early/mid November, and it was unseasonably hot... pretty much the upper 80s/90s that you guys had in September. I agree that it wasn't much fun, but I think that's a risk no matter which of your two options you choose. When we went in mid-October 2011, it was very pleasant. Use the weather averages as your guide; I don't think you'll find that much difference between the two times. You can never be certain you'll get nice weather. I'd go earlier because you guys are driving down. I live in Buffalo; I've driven to WDW twice in the fall, as well as a few other road trips in winter. We've been lucky on our super-long WDW drives, but a little snow can really slow you down on the road. It doesn't even take a serious storm to make the roads slick and visibility poor. I wouldn't tell you not to drive down (I'm from Buffalo, after all :)), but I would do most anything I could to try and make that loooooong drive as smooth as possible.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
We have decided to go the first two weeks of December. We are splitting those weeks between Disney and Universal. Which week would be the best to stay at WDW?

I like the idea of staying at WDW last because it would be more economical and I want to "save the best for last." However, if there is a big difference crowd wise I'd be open to doing it first.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom