When is EPCOT going to add another country?!

What new country pavilion would you like to see in EPCOT?

• Total voters

BippityBoppityMagicHour

Original Poster
Has anyone heard anything about Disney planning to add a new country in EPCOT? There's still space for 8 other countries and we're anxious to see something new in EPCOT (other than the new Frozen ride, which we are very excited for).

mf1972

welcome to the forum! I haven't heard anything going on in Epcot except for the new soarin & frozen attractions opening next week.
interesting choices u mentioned. I voted Australia. it would be nice if they added an extra country or 2 down the road.

JohnD

Has anyone heard anything about Disney planning to add a new country in EPCOT? There's still space for 8 other countries and we're anxious to see something new in EPCOT (other than the new Frozen ride, which we are very excited for).

I picked India because it's a culture vastly different from the other Asian cultures of Japan and China. Thought about Egypt but the cultures are similar. I could see the African outpost turned into a pavilion, if there's room. But if you want Africa all you have to do is go to AK.

BippityBoppityMagicHour

Original Poster
Always thought Greece would be a nice addition. The buildings would definitely look distinctive on the World Showcase, and the food options would be inviting too. :hungry:
Greece is an excellent option. I thought about adding it to the list of choices but I was limited. The food would be great and the potential to have meet and greets with Hercules and Meg would bring people in!

belledream

Greece is an excellent option. I thought about adding it to the list of choices but I was limited. The food would be great and the potential to have meet and greets with Hercules and Meg would bring people in!
Didn't even think about the M&G - excellent idea! Herc would be a hit with the ladies like Gaston is... and Meg's sassiness would be fun to experience.

Cowboy Steve

I know that was part of the original concept - adding additional countries. Somehow that got put on the back burner... I'm sure there is a financial element that has made it, at least in Disney's eyes, not a good investment at this time...

I have always thought Egypt would be an awesome addition to the World Showcase!

BippityBoppityMagicHour

Original Poster
I know that was part of the original concept - adding additional countries. Somehow that got put on the back burner... I'm sure there is a financial element that has made it, at least in Disney's eyes, not a good investment at this time...

I have always thought Egypt would be an awesome addition to the World Showcase!
Right! I heard or read somewhere that there were actually plans for Spain and Venezuela but plans fell through for financial reasons. Something like the countries were going to help fund the projects but in the end backed out.

Dylan Ann

I would LOVE if they added more countries - the World Showcase has always been my favorite, ever since I was a kid.
It was funny, when reading down the list of options I was like, "Nice, nice, nice - OH! India! Yes!". And then I had the same reaction when reading the comments - "OH! Greece! Yes!"

I think Brazil might be a nice option as well.

worldfanatic

It's kind of ridiculous that they haven't added a new Country for so long. Especially considering they have ample possible locations available within World Showcase, and the early plan for Epcot indicated more were going to come.
I voted 'Australia', but 'India' is also intriguing.
Hell, at this point I'd settle for Chad, Burma, Yemen or Uzbekistan.
Just give us a new 'Frickin Country!!

Cmdr_Crimson

Last time they mentioned about 2 new countries coming plus some other attractions that never happened...Was 1991.....

Last edited:

Cowboy Steve

Last time they mentioned about 2 new countries coming plus some other attractions that never happened...Was 1991.....

OMG... I had completely forgotten about Russia being one of the 2 new countries lol! It is interesting to see Port Orleans French Quarter did turn out pretty much like the artists conception in the film! Guess they figured out Roger Rabbit wouldn't stand the test of time... good scrap on their part lol.

BippityBoppityMagicHour

Original Poster
Unless the CM was just joking with my husband, or my husband was joking... a cast member told my husband that Switzerland is in the works with some sort of "Matterhorn" type of ride. I'll believe it when I see it!:eek:
That would be amazing! I feel like they could imagineer some really cool mountain backdrops in a Switzerland pavilion. And they would of course need to have a chocolate store!

bsiev1977

Unless I'm mistaken, my understanding is that the pavillions in Epcot were funded by the countries they represent.
Therefore, the issue is finding a country that's:
A)willing to put up the money
And
B)not controversial

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom