Trip Report When in Disney! June 2015 Trip Report

Day 1: June 7, 2015

Though I'm not happy about it, we're home from an absolutely magical trip to the World! This was the best trip to Disney that I've ever had, hands down. So of course I must share every last detail with all of you. :rolleyes: If you didn't read my PTR and would like to, you can find it here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/were-baaaaack-june-2015-trip.896231/

I mentioned in my PTR that Heather had dyed her hair and would be appearing as a brunette in my actual TR.. Just kidding. She went back to blonde 2 days before we left. :hilarious:

One more thing.. my camera takes horrible quality pictures, so I'll apologize for that in advance. I have an iPhone 5, so it does okay. Our PhotoPass ones are good though.

Okay, enough with the intros.. Let's get on with the fun stuff, shallllll we? :D

Our flight left at 6:30pm on June 7th, so we planned to leave my house by 2pm to make sure we had plenty of time to get there, check in, etc. Fortunately, the airline that we fly is out of it's own little airport with only one gate, so getting through security literally takes 3 minutes. I say this because we didn't actually leave until after 3pm. We went to the Taylor Swift concert in Pittsburgh the night before, so we were slightly rushed in finishing up our packing and of course, showing our hundreds of pictures to my mom before we left. I won't make you look at ALL of them, but here's a few. :rolleyes:

11401383_114586885542052_4205874523807338426_n.jpg

She was FANTASTIC. I can't even express how awesome she was. We're thinking of seeing her again this fall when she's in Ohio. Fingers crossed. :inlove:

Anyhow, let's get back to Disney. Ready to roll!

IMG_7254.JPG

Like I said, we were on the road a little after 3pm, and Heather realizes that she forgot her glow necklaces. These are essential for every viewing of Wishes, Fantasmic!, and Illuminations. Right? Maybe that's just us. So we had to make a pitstop at her house, which is fortunately not far from mine, to grab those. Glow necklaces in hand, we made our second attempt to get to the airport. We're a disaster.

Now we're cruising along, Disney music blaring, singing obnoxiously. And then I realized something slightly problematic. The conversation went something like this:

Me- Hez.. I'm pretty sure I forgot my shorts.
Heather- Like how sure?
Me- 99%. I put them in the dryer and I feel quite sure that they're still there. That gives me 2 pairs of pants for the week… including the ones I'm wearing.

Naturally, Heather is laughing hysterically. Literally a disaster.

So our flight leaves at 6:26pm.. we rolled into JC Penney at 5:03pm. It's highly likely that people thought we were stealing stuff because I know for a fact that we looked completely crazed lol. So we're running through the store, looking for jean shorts that I'm satisfied with. Do you think they had anything in my size? Nope. We finally found a pair that would do, so I grabbed 3 sizes, took off for the fitting rooms, and was back out within a couple of minutes. I've never before gotten overheated from trying on clothes. :hilarious: I actually hate the shorts that I got. They have these weird gems all over the back pockets and are just weird- my exact words in my notes from the trip are, "No cute shorts- I will now have a bedazzled butt for the week." Hahaha. We were just a little giddy and slightly sleep deprived. Don't judge us.

So now I had an additional pair of pants and we finished the drive to the airport, getting there around 5:30pm. I truly wish you could have seen us trying to get our suitcase (we shared because you have to pay to check a bag with our airline) out of the car and then hauling it, along with our obnoxiously large carry-ons, through the parking lot.

I went to the kiosk to print our boarding passes and told Heather to throw our bag on the scale to make sure it wasn't too heavy (40 lb. is the limit). So she comes over and informs me that we're at 42 lb. and starts moving things to her carry-on. We weigh it again and are down to 38 lb., so she decides to put a few things back in the suitcase. Weigh again- now we're at 40.36 lb. If looks could kill, mine would have dropped her right then and there. We finally got it down to 39.68 lb. and I drug it toward the check-in counter before she could try again. She swears up and down that it was too heavy because her shirt was cotton- yep, that has to be it Hez.

Because we were cutting it close to boarding time, the kiosk wouldn't assign us seats so somebody at the desk had to help us. She told us that there weren't any seats left together and was SO dramatic about it. She kept repeating herself and then would just stare at us, and of course I just kept saying, "That's fine." She eventually did get us together, but when we walked away I looked at Heather and said, "We can't sit together? That's it. I'm not going." And dramatically stormed off. She appreciated the theatrics. :rolleyes: Not sure what the lady expected us to say.. so weird.

IMG_7255.JPG

Finally on the plane- together. ;) Peace out PA, Disney here we come! Our flight was pretty uneventful. We did have to wait about 10 minutes for an open gate when we landed at MCO, but no worries. It was 8:30ish when we arrived.

I was honestly SO excited to ride the Magical Express. Like, skipping through the airport excited. Surprised a video hasn't surfaced of the crazy 22 year old acting like a child. No regrets.

FOUND IT.:D

IMG_1317.JPG

First time of the trip!!! A little blurry.. Sorry, I was excited.
IMG_7259.JPG

Pure joy :hilarious:
IMG_7260.JPG

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.JPG

We waited in line about 10 minutes, and then another 20 minutes once we boarded. So you know what that means…

MAGICAL EXPRESS SELFIE! Actually, we call it an "ussie," but to each their own. :rolleyes: Look at Heather with her seatbelt on hahaha. She took it off before we pulled out because nobody else was wearing it. :hilarious:
IMG_7262.jpg

We finally got going and watched the little welcome video to keep ourselves entertained. I also killed it on Disney trivia. :bookworm: We made stops at Coronado Springs, All Star Sports, and then All Star Music (our stop). All Star Movies was the last stop- keeping that in mind for future trips.

Last edited:

DisSplash

Still following along! Your pictures with Buzz and Woody came out cute - I'm thinking that Buzz's playfulness in Andy's room may have something to do with the air conditioning! Toys just simply do not function as well out in the burning hot sun! ;)

That Cinderella carriage is gorgeous!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I love the Buzz and Woody pictures! They look like such fun characters to meet! :p

They were lots of fun! Jessie is fun too, but her line is usually pretty long and is outside which is not ideal in the summer Florida heat. ;)

Such a fun day! I love how happy you girls look.

Thank you! Is it even possible to NOT be that happy when in Disney? :)

I enjoyed the pork chop but also thought the bbq sauce tasted like chili.

Loving your report!

Definitely not what I was expecting, but it wasn't bad! Thanks for following! :)

Great trip! I love the glass slipper pictures!:)

Thank you! :)

Still following along! Your pictures with Buzz and Woody came out cute - I'm thinking that Buzz's playfulness in Andy's room may have something to do with the air conditioning! Toys just simply do not function as well out in the burning hot sun! ;)

That Cinderella carriage is gorgeous!

That's a very good point! If I remember correctly, we met Buzz at MK toward evening. So it's possible he was just at the end of his shift and needed a break. The pictures don't even do the carriage justice.. It's absolutely breathtaking! Thanks for following. :)

How fun to be able to hold the glass slipper!!!!

We were super excited! :D

The carriage is gorgeous!!

It's even better in person! :inlove:

smk

Loving the report! I love that people take the time to write reports so we can all be on vacation too!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 4: June 10, 2015 - Part 3

We decided that we were hungry, so tried to agree on where to go. I'd debated for months before our trip about whether or not I should make a reservation for 50's Prime Time Cafe, and ultimately decided against it. However, it caught my eye immediately as we scanned through our options, and I brought it up to Heather. She agreed and I pulled up MDE to see if there were any reservations. We were in luck! There was an 11:25am reservation available and we grabbed it! It was about 11:15am at this point so we headed over right away.

This place is seriously adorable!
IMG_1389.JPG

We checked in and were told to have a seat and wait to be called. We didn't wait too awfully long before I heard, "Gauger family!" We stood up and walked toward Phil, who had his back to us. Being that he didn't see us walk up he then added, "Brittany! It's time for lunch! Come and eat!" We were laughing hysterically and I said, "We're right here." He turned around and let out this huge belly laugh and said, "You snuck up on me ya little rascals!" More laughter, followed by a shared look of approval in our decision to eat here. Right up our alley. :p

We were seated in the first room near the shelves. This was the view to our right.
IMG_1390.JPG

Our server was Uncle Rich and oh my was he fun! A teenage boy at the table next to us asked him for a Coke, to which he replied in a very nonchalant tone, "No." Apparently he had asked the teen if he wanted a drink earlier in the meal and he had declined. Uncle Rich informed us that if we wanted something, we'd better ask for it now. :hilarious:

Since I stalk the forums, I knew all about the "rules" of eating here and the importance of using manners. When he asked for our drink orders, I started to say, "I'll have…" We made eye contact and I quickly corrected my statement to, "May I please have…" :rolleyes: He grinned and nodded his approval. He wasn't overly hard on us, but Heather did get in trouble a few times. The first time, she had her elbows on the table and he said, "Get your elbows off the table or I'm gonna take my belt off and then put you in the corner." Later when he was taking our food orders, she was texting and he said, "Are you gonna text or order your food?" Lol. :hilarious:

THIS. Grandma's Chicken Pot Pie. Seriously can't recommend it enough. They give you soooo much food and I was upset that I couldn't finish it because yeah.. it was THAT good. Heather also couldn't finish hers, but Uncle Rich picked up her fork and made her take one more bite before we were allowed to have dessert. :D
IMG_1391.JPG

Yes, you read all of that correctly. We were absolutely stuffed, but ordered dessert. When in Disney! :rolleyes:

We shared Dad's Brownie Sundae and continued the trend of OH MY GOSH SO YUMMY. :p There were so many toppings mixed in.. literally about anything you can think of. We did some damage, but I don't think we ended up finishing it either.
IMG_1392.jpg

With our bellies full, we headed for our 11:25am Star Tours FP+, which we actually didn't show up for until 12:30pm. :rolleyes: Luckily Mickey turned green when we scanned our bands and off we went! We had a really awesome version that I've never seen before, but I can't remember all of the details now. :( I know that an alien(?) or something smashed into our windshield at some point, if that helps any of you Star Tours fanatics. It ended kind of abruptly, but it was awesome! Heather looked at me when we were unloading and said, "That was so cool! I don't remember it being like that before!" I filled her in on the fact that there are tons of different versions, and that no, we'd never had that one before. :)

Next, we got in line for the 1:40pm Frozen Sing-a-long, which is seriously one of our favorite things at Hollywood Studios. :D We went twice on our HS day last year lol. Remember our British accent obsession? It strikes again. ;) We talked to this really nice lady about her family's adventures here in the States, and how things are different in England. She's really not a fan of their weather, but made the idea of a trip there quite appealing…

We were eventually let inside and had pretty decent seats in the middle section. Again, I thought that I had a bunch of pictures/videos from this, but must have taken them in Snapchat and forgotten to save them. Ugh. :( The historians were HILARIOUS. I love them! Anna was spunky, Kristoff was :inlove:, and of course Elsa was regal. I'm not ashamed of my love of Frozen. :rolleyes:

The show ended and we started for the doors, only to be greeted by a torrential downpour. Recall my first post about our HS day… we once again left the umbrella and our ponchos back at the room. Didn't we learn our lesson at Epcot, you ask? No.. no we did not.

The CM's forced us out of the building and we took off running, looking for the nearest place to take cover. We ended up in the bathrooms and had to wait a decent amount of time before it let up some. We decided to brave the elements to make it to our Toy Story Mania FP+ at 2:25pm.

Sorry, my pictures in here aren't the greatest. I do love this queue though!
IMG_1393.JPG

I love feeling like I'm in Andy's room, and of course seeing all of the toys that define my childhood. :D
IMG_1394.JPG

Here we go!
IMG_7411.JPG

I'm Player 1. ;) I'm horrible at these types of games, but I will say that this one is much easier for me than Buzz at MK. And in my opinion, this one is more fun!
IMG_7412.JPG

We had planned on hitting the 3:00pm showing of Beauty and the Beast, but that didn't happen. Instead, we did some shopping and relaxed until the 4:15pm show.

I'll have one of each, please. Look how handsome the Beast is. :inlove:
IMG_1397.jpg

A girl can never have enough bags… I didn't buy this one, but I did get another. I'll take a picture and post if I think of it.
IMG_1398.JPG

Next up, prepare for an overload of Beauty and the Beast pictures. :D

worldfanatic

You girls do all the shows/restaurants/character interactions that I'm not so interested in for myself.
And yet I still really enjoy reading your trip report.
It's amazing how Walt Disney World can be such a different vacation for different people, but still awesome!!

Lovin' it, looking forward to the rest.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 4: June 10, 2015 - Part 4

We got a seat on the right hand side of the theater, which I was not thrilled about. I need to be front and center for this show. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite everything - Disney movie, musical, soundtrack, etc. and of course Belle is my favorite princess. This show is a big deal for me… :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll just include some pictures because there's honestly not a whole lot for me to say!

IMG_1399.JPG

She was rushing a bit during this song, but her voice was great!
IMG_1405.jpg

Who doesn't love a little Gaston action? ;)
IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1435.jpg

At this point I had lost my cool.. She's beautiful (as is he :inlove:). I adore that dress. I have no shame about fangirling over Belle. :rolleyes:
IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

The show was fantastic, as always. This is definitely one that I could watch over and over again and never tire of it. I so desperately want to be the person that they give the rose to, but I think that's generally reserved for a little prince or princess lol. :oops: I'll be devastated if they ever replace this one!

We decided to head back to the room for a bit after the show, as it was starting to rain again and we obviously weren't prepared for that. ;) We didn't wait long for a bus and were back to the room by 5:30pm. We both napped for a little while and headed back to Hollywood Studios around 8:00pm. You'll be pleased to hear that we brought the ponchos and umbrella this time. :rolleyes:

I was in search of a hoodie, because it cooled down quite a bit with all of the rain. I'm picky and don't like to buy things that have a year on them, so I struggled to find something I was happy with. Eventually I found one that I liked and wear all the time now that we're home - so it was a good buy!

blreinsel

Original Poster
You girls do all the shows/restaurants/character interactions that I'm not so interested in for myself.
And yet I still really enjoy reading your trip report.
It's amazing how Walt Disney World can be such a different vacation for different people, but still awesome!!

Lovin' it, looking forward to the rest.

That's a very good point! Thanks for reading. :)

That bag is lovely!! Can't wait to see the one you chose.

I'll try to remember and post it soon! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm picky and don't like to buy things that have a year on them, so I struggled to find something I was happy with!
I completely agree with you about "dated" clothing...and Disney always makes the year SO BIG it's obnoxious.

I have enjoyed following your report as we were there the same week :happy:. While the downpour trapped you in the bathrooms near the Frozen theater, we were stuck in Tomorrowland under the TTA Peoplemover track!

samantha788

The show was fantastic, as always. This is definitely one that I could watch over and over again and never tire of it. I so desperately want to be the person that they give the rose to, but I think that's generally reserved for a little prince or princess lol. :oops: I'll be devastated if they ever replace this one!

i have the same reaction too! i could really sit there all day watching every show and still get goosebumps :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
I completely agree with you about "dated" clothing...and Disney always makes the year SO BIG it's obnoxious.

I have enjoyed following your report as we were there the same week :happy:. While the downpour trapped you in the bathrooms near the Frozen theater, we were stuck in Tomorrowland under the TTA Peoplemover track!

It definitely is! I don't find it necessary, but I guess enough people are into it since they continue making it. :) As they say, I'd rather have a rainy day at Disney than a sunny day anywhere else. ;)

Any change of an update soon? I could do with some smiles:)

I'm going to update shortly! :D

i have the same reaction too! i could really sit there all day watching every show and still get goosebumps :)

It's amazing! Hopefully this one stays around. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom