Trip Report When in Disney! June 2015 Trip Report

Day 1: June 7, 2015

Though I'm not happy about it, we're home from an absolutely magical trip to the World! This was the best trip to Disney that I've ever had, hands down. So of course I must share every last detail with all of you. :rolleyes: If you didn't read my PTR and would like to, you can find it here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/were-baaaaack-june-2015-trip.896231/

I mentioned in my PTR that Heather had dyed her hair and would be appearing as a brunette in my actual TR.. Just kidding. She went back to blonde 2 days before we left. :hilarious:

One more thing.. my camera takes horrible quality pictures, so I'll apologize for that in advance. I have an iPhone 5, so it does okay. Our PhotoPass ones are good though.

Okay, enough with the intros.. Let's get on with the fun stuff, shallllll we? :D

Our flight left at 6:30pm on June 7th, so we planned to leave my house by 2pm to make sure we had plenty of time to get there, check in, etc. Fortunately, the airline that we fly is out of it's own little airport with only one gate, so getting through security literally takes 3 minutes. I say this because we didn't actually leave until after 3pm. We went to the Taylor Swift concert in Pittsburgh the night before, so we were slightly rushed in finishing up our packing and of course, showing our hundreds of pictures to my mom before we left. I won't make you look at ALL of them, but here's a few. :rolleyes:

11401383_114586885542052_4205874523807338426_n.jpg

She was FANTASTIC. I can't even express how awesome she was. We're thinking of seeing her again this fall when she's in Ohio. Fingers crossed. :inlove:

Anyhow, let's get back to Disney. Ready to roll!

IMG_7254.JPG

Like I said, we were on the road a little after 3pm, and Heather realizes that she forgot her glow necklaces. These are essential for every viewing of Wishes, Fantasmic!, and Illuminations. Right? Maybe that's just us. So we had to make a pitstop at her house, which is fortunately not far from mine, to grab those. Glow necklaces in hand, we made our second attempt to get to the airport. We're a disaster.

Now we're cruising along, Disney music blaring, singing obnoxiously. And then I realized something slightly problematic. The conversation went something like this:

Me- Hez.. I'm pretty sure I forgot my shorts.
Heather- Like how sure?
Me- 99%. I put them in the dryer and I feel quite sure that they're still there. That gives me 2 pairs of pants for the week… including the ones I'm wearing.

Naturally, Heather is laughing hysterically. Literally a disaster.

So our flight leaves at 6:26pm.. we rolled into JC Penney at 5:03pm. It's highly likely that people thought we were stealing stuff because I know for a fact that we looked completely crazed lol. So we're running through the store, looking for jean shorts that I'm satisfied with. Do you think they had anything in my size? Nope. We finally found a pair that would do, so I grabbed 3 sizes, took off for the fitting rooms, and was back out within a couple of minutes. I've never before gotten overheated from trying on clothes. :hilarious: I actually hate the shorts that I got. They have these weird gems all over the back pockets and are just weird- my exact words in my notes from the trip are, "No cute shorts- I will now have a bedazzled butt for the week." Hahaha. We were just a little giddy and slightly sleep deprived. Don't judge us.

So now I had an additional pair of pants and we finished the drive to the airport, getting there around 5:30pm. I truly wish you could have seen us trying to get our suitcase (we shared because you have to pay to check a bag with our airline) out of the car and then hauling it, along with our obnoxiously large carry-ons, through the parking lot.

I went to the kiosk to print our boarding passes and told Heather to throw our bag on the scale to make sure it wasn't too heavy (40 lb. is the limit). So she comes over and informs me that we're at 42 lb. and starts moving things to her carry-on. We weigh it again and are down to 38 lb., so she decides to put a few things back in the suitcase. Weigh again- now we're at 40.36 lb. If looks could kill, mine would have dropped her right then and there. We finally got it down to 39.68 lb. and I drug it toward the check-in counter before she could try again. She swears up and down that it was too heavy because her shirt was cotton- yep, that has to be it Hez.

Because we were cutting it close to boarding time, the kiosk wouldn't assign us seats so somebody at the desk had to help us. She told us that there weren't any seats left together and was SO dramatic about it. She kept repeating herself and then would just stare at us, and of course I just kept saying, "That's fine." She eventually did get us together, but when we walked away I looked at Heather and said, "We can't sit together? That's it. I'm not going." And dramatically stormed off. She appreciated the theatrics. :rolleyes: Not sure what the lady expected us to say.. so weird.

IMG_7255.JPG

Finally on the plane- together. ;) Peace out PA, Disney here we come! Our flight was pretty uneventful. We did have to wait about 10 minutes for an open gate when we landed at MCO, but no worries. It was 8:30ish when we arrived.

I was honestly SO excited to ride the Magical Express. Like, skipping through the airport excited. Surprised a video hasn't surfaced of the crazy 22 year old acting like a child. No regrets.

FOUND IT.:D

IMG_1317.JPG

First time of the trip!!! A little blurry.. Sorry, I was excited.
IMG_7259.JPG

Pure joy :hilarious:
IMG_7260.JPG

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.JPG

We waited in line about 10 minutes, and then another 20 minutes once we boarded. So you know what that means…

MAGICAL EXPRESS SELFIE! Actually, we call it an "ussie," but to each their own. :rolleyes: Look at Heather with her seatbelt on hahaha. She took it off before we pulled out because nobody else was wearing it. :hilarious:
IMG_7262.jpg

We finally got going and watched the little welcome video to keep ourselves entertained. I also killed it on Disney trivia. :bookworm: We made stops at Coronado Springs, All Star Sports, and then All Star Music (our stop). All Star Movies was the last stop- keeping that in mind for future trips.

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Belle is my favorite, too! Oh my! I want one of those Grand Marnier slushies right now!! We were disappointed with the Norwegian "museum" as well.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 3: June 9, 2015 - Part 4

Our next stop was the private meet and greet for Disney Chase card holders. Are you really a Disney fanatic if you don't have their credit card? :rolleyes: Mickey and Goofy were HIGH energy.. they must have just switched/had a break or something. They were very playful and flirty haha. We had so much fun with them! I mean honestly, is there anything in this world better than Mickey kisses? :inlove:

EPCOT_VISAMEET_7344151973.jpeg

EPCOT_VISAMEET_7344320843.jpeg

Silly boys. :D
EPCOT_VISAMEET_7344320851.jpeg

It's also pretty cool that they print you a copy of one of your pictures for free. Disney's all about those special little touches. :happy:

Next up was Finding Nemo and Turtle Talk with Crush! I thought that I took more pictures in this area than what I did. I definitely Snapchatted a video of the seagulls and part of Turtle Talk, but apparently I didn't save them. Oh well!

IMG_7393.jpg

IMG_1383.JPG

While we waited to be let in for Turtle Talk, we were SO overwhelmed. At one point Heather looked at me and said, "I literally feel like we're at the circus." There were kids running all over the place, climbing up the fish tanks, this nasty mom yelling at her poor husband. Pure chaos. I'm so glad that I go to Disney often enough to know that's not the norm. Situations like that could easily ruin the magic for first time visitors.

Crush was entertaining as always.. It's been awhile since I've seen this show and I laughed so hard at his "Buzz at the beach" joke. Has that always been part of the show? It was even funnier when the kids all started laughing because they heard the adults laughing. Maybe I was just sleep deprived. :angelic:

After the show was over, we had planned to head for Test Track. The original plan was to hit TT standby first thing in the morning, but obviously that didn't happen. :facepalm: I pulled up MDE to check the wait time and was devastated: it was closed due to the impending storm that had been lingering for quite some time. We went back to The Land because I was getting hungry, and we were hopeful that the storm would pass and we could still fit TT in before our last FP+.

Heather didn't see anything that appealed to her, but I had the Slow Roasted Pork Chop from Sunshine Seasons.. it had this BBQ sauce on it that I thought tasted more like chili than anything. It was pretty good, but those cheddar mashed potatoes were delicious.
IMG_1384.JPG

By the time I finished, the storm had hit full force and we lost all hope of getting to ride Test Track. We had an 8:00pm FP+ for Soarin', so hopped in line for that since we were already in the building.

IMG_1386.JPG

Remember our obsession with people who have British accents? There was a family in line behind us that we struck up a conversation with. :rolleyes: They had a little boy who had just finished kindergarten and oh my gosh was he precious! He was so well behaved and was a breath of fresh air compared to what we'd experienced at Turtle Talk. We asked him if he enjoyed his first year of school and told him that we're both teachers and he responded with, "Wow!!!" :D We were almost sad to get on the ride because we wanted to keep talking to them! Heather was SO excited to ride Soarin' lol. She kept seeing the commercial on TV for it and told me many times how she couldn't wait to try it. She was not disappointed! :)

It was pouring at this point and there was a lot of lightning, so we decided to just call it a night because I assumed Illuminations would be cancelled and there was no way TT was opening back up. I'm still upset that we didn't get to ride because I love it and Heather has never ridden before. That just gives us a reason to come back. ;)

Nighttime Spaceship Earth pictures are a given.. :rolleyes:
EPCOT_ECENTR1_7344329510.jpeg

Tink made another appearance! We really enjoyed this photographer too. He kept doing "sound effects" when he'd take a picture and was just totally hamming it up with us. Only at Disney!
EPCOT_ECENTR1_7344329508.jpeg

Heather was pretty hungry by the time we got back to the room, and I'm always hungry. :rolleyes: So we went to the food court and decided on pizza. This is just another reason why I love Disney.. Even pizza is magical. Another fun-filled day in the books, we showered and headed to bed!

IMG_7399.JPG

blreinsel

Original Poster
Belle is my favorite, too! Oh my! I want one of those Grand Marnier slushies right now!! We were disappointed with the Norwegian "museum" as well.

I was so happy to finally meet her, and even happier that our interaction was so wonderful! I could definitely go for a slushy right now, too! There really wasn't anything in the "museum" for kids, and I feel like there are probably a lot of disappointed faces coming out of there. They really should beef it up considering how huge Frozen is.

Longers

Loving the report - and yes ice cream daily is a must. Can't believe there was no chocolate brownie at storybook treats!
Love the #selfie t shirt.
Funny how you love the British accent - I love the American one and could listen all day.
I too spend a fortune in the shops my house is full of Disney :)
And if you don't get to do everything you just HAVE to go back (or at least that's what I always tell my husband)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Love your trip report! It's getting me so excited to go on my girls trip in August! Where did you get your #selfie shirt? I adore it!

Thank you! Girls trips are the BEST! I'm so jealous.. We're hoping to get a quick day trip in sometime in August before school starts back up, but we shall see! My shirt is from Deb. :)

Loving the report - and yes ice cream daily is a must. Can't believe there was no chocolate brownie at storybook treats!
Love the #selfie t shirt.
Funny how you love the British accent - I love the American one and could listen all day.
I too spend a fortune in the shops my house is full of Disney :)
And if you don't get to do everything you just HAVE to go back (or at least that's what I always tell my husband)

I stole the idea of daily ice cream from your last report! :D You're a brilliant lady! My shirt is from Deb!

It's so funny that we have an accent to your ears! I'm sure that's the same for all accents/dialects.

I can't wait to have my own place someday so I can decorate it in all things Disney. Though, I may not be able to afford actually going to Disney because I'll spend all of my money on house things. :rolleyes:

There's truly no other option besides a return trip... Missing out on something just doesn't work for me!

Thanks for following! :)

DisSplash

Am I crazy or did Belle look just like you? The resemblance is amazing!

Glad to see you both are still having fun even in the rain! My Husband tried that Grand Marnier slushie the last time we were there, and had himself quite the happy time around WS! (we are not big drinkers so I guess it had quite the impact!)

I must try one of those crepes next time! Those look so tasty!

blreinsel

Original Poster

It must only be in the US! I'm from Pennsylvania, so I'm not sure if other states have them or not. They have all kinds of Disney clothes, so I frequent our local stores. ;)

Am I crazy or did Belle look just like you? The resemblance is amazing!

Glad to see you both are still having fun even in the rain! My Husband tried that Grand Marnier slushie the last time we were there, and had himself quite the happy time around WS! (we are not big drinkers so I guess it had quite the impact!)

I must try one of those crepes next time! Those look so tasty!

You just made my night!!!! :inlove:

I barely ever drink things with alcohol in them, so I'm surprised it didn't impact me! Fortunately we had enough food in our systems to feed an army, so maybe that helped. :) The crepes were AMAZING!

Thanks for following!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I'm enjoying your trip report. My son and I were there the same week, staying at the All Star Sports.

Thank you! We probably shared a bus at some point and didn't even realize it! :)

I swear, the second that Canadians become eligible for the Disney Visa, I'll be the first one to apply.

I'm just waiting for the day that they allow people to permanently live in Disney.. I'll be first in line for that. :rolleyes:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 4: June 10, 2015

I mentioned in my posts about Epcot that it had rained a bit in the evening. What I didn't mention is the fact that though we had ponchos and an umbrella at the resort, we neglected to take them with us to the park. Therefore, our heads got a little wet. ;) You'll see why I brought this up soon. On to Day 4!

Since we messed up our day at Epcot by sleeping in, we promised ourselves that we would get up on time for our day at Hollywood Studios. We stayed true to our word and arrived at the park by 8am for EMH. As soon as we were through the gates, we headed straight for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster! I'm pretty sure that this is my favorite ride at WDW! :D We hopped into our stretch limo and away we went!

Hez wasn't quite ready for this one. :hilarious:
STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7344533135.jpeg

After the VIP party, we made our way over to Pixar Place to explore. I absolutely love this area.. It's so nostalgic.

IMG_1387.JPG

I haven't been able to catch a Green Army Man for years, but we lucked out today!
IMG_7402.jpg

The line to meet Buzz and Woody was really short, which totally surprised me, so of course we joined!

IMG_7403.jpg

I love those little aliens. :inlove:
IMG_7405.jpg

The flirts were on their A game! ;)
STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7344567849.jpeg

So much happiness. :D
STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7344566586.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7344567858.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7344567859.jpeg

We had an awesome interaction with them, which was great because last year when we met Buzz at MK, he barely even acknowledged us. He basically just stamped his signature, posed for a picture, and then moved on to the next person. This Buzz certainly made up for it! This was also our first time meeting Woody.. we were in line last year to meet him and Jessie at MK, but he finished for the day right before it was our turn. :( Jessie was lots of fun though!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 4: June 10, 2015 - Part 2

I forgot to mention in my last post that I was sad to not see the hat. :( Don't hate me! I don't remember the park without it, so it seems like something is missing to me. I made a couple of comments about it when we first got there, and then a good 15 minutes later Heather says, "Where's the hat!?" I told her that it's gone to which she replied, "For good!? I thought you just meant they moved it somewhere else in the park!" :hilarious: This is why I love her. ANYHOW...

After we finished playing (flirting) with Andy's toys, we headed over for our 9:35am Tower of Terror FP+. But of course before we could get on the ride… PICTURE TIME.

I'm so obsessed with this ride, inside and out. It's so spooky, and yet soooo gorgeous.
STUDIO_SUNSET2_7344541048.jpeg

WE ARE TERRIFIED. :eek:
STUDIO_SUNSET2_7344541050.jpeg

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_7344598131.jpeg

I don't have our ride video from this one and I'm not sure why. :cry:

We just kind of wandered around for a bit after our trip to the Twilight Zone. We found another PhotoPass photographer and put him to work. ;)

That line forming behind us was for The Great Movie Ride, which we didn't end up getting to ride. The wait times were outrageous all day and it's not one of my must-dos. A moment of silence for the Magic of Disney Animation. :brb:
STUDIO_PIXARARCH_7344548450.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARARCH_7344548451.jpeg

Next, we came across this little guy who was a new one for me. Hooray for meeting new characters! :D

STUDIO_HAT1_7344723581.jpeg

Next up was MuppetVision, which also isn't a must-do for me, but it's a good time filler and an escape from the heat. After that, we headed down the Streets of America and came across two beautiful sights: 1. Cinderella's carriage and 2. A very short line for Cinderella's carriage. Oh my gosh, we were SO EXCITED. I kept reading about these ridiculous lines for it and I thought for sure we'd just have to take a picture in passing and that would be it. Just a little pixie dust sprinkled on our day. :D

STUDIO_CINDCOACHICONNC_7344698397.jpeg

STUDIO_CINDCOACHICONNC_7344698395.jpeg

IMG_7409.JPG

I want those glass slippers. :inlove:
STUDIO_CINDCOACHICONNC_7344698393.jpeg

As we were walking away, we watched the people in line behind us get setup for their picture. The dad got down on one knee and presented the slipper to his wife and their little girl, who was probably about 4. It was SO CUTE. Heather and I joked that we were going to replicate their shot, but decided against it because we wouldn't be as cute as them or something crazy like that. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom