When Do You Get Your Disney World Trip Stuff In The Mail?

foxfamily238

When we booked our last trip in 2,014, we got a little book telling about our trip with a magnet in the back with important dates to remember, such as when to make ADR's, FPP reservations, etc. Do they still do this and if so, how long after you book your reservation do you get it? Also, when do you get the other stuff for your trip such as luggage tags, Magic bands, etc? We booked straight through Disney BTW. Thanks!

TDGMedley

Yes you still get the book, but i didn't get a magnet this time. I think it came within a month of booking. And the tags and magic bands come a couple weeks before you leave.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

No magnets, but a booklet comes pretty soon after you book. The MagicBands are shipped approximately a month before departure.

Luggage tags are never sent for room only. Not sure if they are still done or not since we have APs and never have gotten them. Hopefully someone who has done a package deal can come and confirm but I know they were around several months ago at least.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I just got my booklet for my stay at Copper Creek next February - booked the trip at the end of April. While the booklet no longer has the magnet with important dates on it - when you can make ADRs, FP+ and online check-in, that info is still included on the last page, so you can tear it off and tape to the frig - I have a SS frig, so the magnets weren't that useful.

Your resort Magicbands will have a "customize by" date listed in your MDE account. Bands usually show up about 2 weeks before your arrival date. If you miss the customize by date, they will be at your resort (and you will receive an email telling you) waiting for you at check-in. Guests names will be on the bands, but all will be the grey color.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

So I technically had my reservation canceled and rebooked when I did some point reallocation when I added on (DVC) and that was done May 5th. I just got yet another book today in the mail. They couldn't tell this was a rebook really so when it happened I got notified all over again like it was a completely new reservation.

I laughed because under "important dates" it was just my check in since ADRs and FP+ had already come and gone :D

Your resort Magicbands will have a "customize by" date listed in your MDE account. Bands usually show up about 2 weeks before your arrival date. If you miss the customize by date, they will be at your resort (and you will receive an email telling you) waiting for you at check-in. Guests names will be on the bands, but all will be the grey color.
I know someone who more recently had a later reservation made and missed the ship of the bands and got the colored ones. This was this past month or so that it happened.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
So I technically had my reservation canceled and rebooked when I did some point reallocation when I added on (DVC) and that was done May 5th. I just got yet another book today in the mail. They couldn't tell this was a rebook really so when it happened I got notified all over again like it was a completely new reservation.

I laughed because under "important dates" it was just my check in since ADRs and FP+ had already come and gone :D

I know someone who more recently had a later reservation made and missed the ship of the bands and got the colored ones. This was this past month or so that it happened.

Interesting. I forgot to (1) decline and then (2) customize our bands for our trip in April. We had bands waiting at the resort, but they were grey....

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Interesting. I forgot to (1) decline and then (2) customize our bands for our trip in April. We had bands waiting at the resort, but they were grey....
If you don't customize bands they will be gray. I do not recall when in the last month they went though to compare dates. We have our bands declined right now, though I probably should for giggles customize the bands and see what we get next week.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
If you don't customize bands they will be gray. I do not recall when in the last month they went though to compare dates. We have our bands declined right now, though I probably should for giggles customize the bands and see what we get next week.

Makes sense. So, if you customize but not in time to mail to you, they'll be at your resort in whatever color you choose.

I have over 60 bands, at least 50% are resort bands from the days before you could decline them (I knew making that suggestion everytime I answered a survey would eventually pay off!). My MDE account has a loooong list of deactivated resort bands. And I need to stop purchasing new ones, but dang, I HAD to get the SW 40th, the new D&B and now the Pandora bands.... :D

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Makes sense. So, if you customize but not in time to mail to you, they'll be at your resort in whatever color you choose.

I have over 60 bands, at least 50% are resort bands from the days before you could decline them (I knew making that suggestion everytime I answered a survey would eventually pay off!). My MDE account has a loooong list of deactivated resort bands. And I need to stop purchasing new ones, but dang, I HAD to get the SW 40th, the new D&B and now the Pandora bands.... :D
That's what they were saying but I know even a while ago, they did not send you colored bands even if you customized but still did it after the ship date.

I hate wearing the bands (I now have the keychain) so I never had the desire to buy one. I did get one for my son because his older bands don't do the long range anymore and he likes wearing the older, smaller bands. So we got him one. I deactivated a lot of ours. It seems the batteries didn't even last 2 years so I would imagine only every so often we'll get new ones but not regularly anymore and definitely not for our AP.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom