When Do Dining Plan Entitlements Expire?

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
I've decided to tack on another day to the end of my trip. I'm planning on having the dining plan for the main portion of my trip. On the last night on my trip, I want to go to Hoop-Dee-Doo and use my dining plan. I will already be checked out of my first hotel (where the dining plan is associated with) and checked into my second hotel. Will I still be able to use my credits?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes your credits from your first stay will be used first up until midnight after you check out of the first and check into the second resort. It only would use the dining credits for your second half that day if you were out of the first stays credits. We have done this several times and our credits from the first half we used some the day we checked out/in without a problem even after checking in to the new resort. And I keep track so I know it didn't use the second halfs credits the checkout day. If you experience any issues just let the front desk know. The system can distinguish them and will use old before the new until midnight if need be. ;)

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

I've decided to tack on another day to the end of my trip. I'm planning on having the dining plan for the main portion of my trip. On the last night on my trip, I want to go to Hoop-Dee-Doo and use my dining plan. I will already be checked out of my first hotel (where the dining plan is associated with) and checked into my second hotel. Will I still be able to use my credits?
Dining credit expire at midnight on the day you check out - not sure how it works with the overlap though.

ETA: @sxeensweet has it covered!

sxeensweet

With the overlap it uses the old credits first if you have any left. Then after midnight it switches to the new stay. But if you ran out of the first stays credits before midnight it would start on your second stays credits the day of check out/check in. Hope this makes sense. We have done this several times and had credits left that day and it used those first. ;)

sxeensweet

Sorry didn't mean to repeat myself. The second time I meant to respond to the other poster about the overlap. Lol ;)

ekutchey

Just a friendly reminder Hoop Dee Doo takes 2 credits per person and they will deduct them the day before from you count.

sxeensweet

I actually had another question about this. Since I have to pay for HDD upfront, will they refund my credit card when they take the credits?

We always eat at HDD and this has happened numerous times to us...you have to make sure to tell them when you arrive and when you are about to end your meal to make sure they refund you and use your credits. Also make sure they use the right credits (first half of stay) by checking at the front desk if your resort after your meal. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom