1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

When do Christmas Decorations come down ?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by Pooh Bear, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear New Member

Hi, I was just wondering when they take down the christmas decorations. We will be there during the first 2 weeks of january and I was just wondering if they will have started taking the decorations down or if they are left up for a while after the holiday's. Please let me know, Thanks.

2. DisneyPrincess5

DisneyPrincess5 Well-Known Member

There have been many threads on this, but they start to come down after Jan 1 and they move fast.
    We arrived last year on Jan 6 and I don't remember seeing a single decoration.
    We're arriving Jan 8 this year and again I don't expect to see anything.

3. wm49rs

wm49rs A naughty bit o' crumpet Premium Member

The "company line," if you will, is that most decorations are down by January 4....

4. CAPTAIN HOOK

CAPTAIN HOOK Well-Known Member

This year, the first weekend of January (Sun 3rd) is when they light for the last time - they will come down pretty rapidly from Mon 4th

5. Tom

Tom 3...2...1... Premium Member

MK will still be lit through about mid-week (i.e. Jan 6-7). Then it magically becomes normal again by the end of the week. We experienced this last year, and will again this year (Jan 3-9).

Epcot doesn't have much to show off this year, since they removed their one major lighting arrangement.

Osborne Lights at DHS will run for their last time on the evening of the 4th.

They will begin taking down Christmas decorations at the resort hotels on the 4th. Hotels will be barren by mid-week, in most cases.

We've learned that if you want to see Christmas in Disney, after the holidays, you better clear your days on the 3rd and 4th to cram it all in.

6. popsicletrees

popsicletrees Well-Known Member

That is exactly what we plan on doing. I haven't been to WDW around the holidays for a few years, and this will be my fiance's first trip. We plan on spending the evening of January 2nd going around to the deluxe resorts to see the decorations. On the 3rd, we have dinner reservations at Epcot, afterwards we will head to DHS to see the Osbourne Festival of Lights, and then we will end the night at MK. It will be a long day.