1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

When did the CMs start locking everyone into Doom?

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by danpam1024, Dec 19, 2016.

1. danpam1024

danpam1024 Well-Known Member

Went this past weekend, last time we were there was HHN (mid Oct). The CMs belted us into Doom and had to unlock it with a key. I'm sure it is because people are idiots and unbelt during the ride, but was there a specific incident that caused this?

2. Cole Rusin

Cole Rusin New Member

As far as official news/ medical documented incidents goes there is not a specific incident. However, I just visited in September for Rock the Universe, and Doom was closed. I then proceeded to speak with a quote on quote "imagineer" of universal who was on site outside of the ride who told me "We have decided to bring it out of commission for about a month or two as it needs many repairs at a rate of about 7 system crashes a day and many safety/mechanical issues. We really rode these issues out for as long as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience should be opened by your next visit."

3. JT3000

JT3000 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to tell you this, but that so-called "imagineer" probably sells churros for a living. Universal doesn't have "imagineers," and even if they did, none of them would have discussed this sort of thing with a random guest.

danpam1024 and JoeCamel like this.
  4. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Well-Known Member

Certainly not talking about safety issues and crashes. Does not pass the smell test.

danpam1024 and Corey P like this.
  5. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

I was told that it was a manufacturer recommend modification.

danpam1024 likes this.