When are discounts posted

Haniel

So my plans are to go to Disney world first or second week of Feb. Being so close to the beginning of the year, when do they post discounts for that season. If I was to book a room and a deal where to arise, can I make changes or cancel?

Another thing is I've noticed undercovertourist has 5 day pass for the price of 4 day/buy 4 day pass get plus one for $309. Is that a good enough price, or you think something better will pop up?

ToTBellHop

So has Disney/Chase stopped offering the occasional discount on room rates for Disney Visa card? I got a discount a year or so ago - received a notification in the mail and it was listed on Mousesavers.....that was before I became an AP.
I have never seen an actual discount for a Disney Visa Cardholder and I've been a Cardholder since 2009. All I have ever seen are advanced access to deals that are later released to the general public (e.g. I got 35% off at Wilderness Lodge for being a Cardholder this past January, but that same exact deal was released to the general public 4 days later). Doesn't mean they have never released exclusive deals to Cardholders, but it is certainly very rare.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I have never seen an actual discount for a Disney Visa Cardholder and I've been a Cardholder since 2009. All I have ever seen are advanced access to deals that are later released to the general public (e.g. I got 35% off at Wilderness Lodge for being a Cardholder this past January, but that same exact deal was released to the general public 4 days later). Doesn't mean they have never released exclusive deals to Cardholders, but it is certainly very rare.

I got one in the fall - I think 2 years ago - that was apparently exclusive to card holders. But it is usually room only and we wanted the DDP.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I got one in the fall - I think 2 years ago - that was apparently exclusive to card holders. But it is usually room only and we wanted the DDP.
I admittedly do not focus on EVERY deal. As much as I might like it, I can't go to WDW 14x a year. That said, exclusive deals are certainly rare and have never been available for any of my trips (Winter 2011, 2012, 2014; Summer 2012, 2013, 2014). I never pay attention to fall deals as I'm a teacher.

Upvote 0

mammaminnie

New discounts are always posted on the boards here, usually within minutes of them being officially released :) Also, if you use a travel agent to book, many of them (including our agency) will automatically apply a discount for you (if possible) as soon as it's released which saves you the trouble of looking for it and then waiting on hold with Disney all morning.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

So has Disney/Chase stopped offering the occasional discount on room rates for Disney Visa card? I got a discount a year or so ago - received a notification in the mail and it was listed on Mousesavers.....that was before I became an AP.

You can see a trend of past discounts here-> http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/ As @ISTCNavigator57 indicated, most of them have actually been the same (or very close) to the deals offered to the general public/APs, just a few days in advance. That's not to say they won't offer targeted deals to Visa card holders, just like they do to many other people, but the "exclusive" discounts they typically offer are indeed exclusive, but after a few days no different than those offered to non Visa holders.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Alright VISA card holders, Anything yet? Last year's discounts opened to VISA card holders on Thursday Oct 3. I was hoping it was a 1st Thursday of October thing. :)

Upvote 0

cgulls

What you probably got was early access to the offer that was , three days later, offered to the general public. Chase markets it as exclusive, but it's the timing that's exclusive , not the deal. The mousesavers link posted earlier shows the history of all those discounts.

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

I had just gotten off the phone from Disney and we received a pin code worth 35% off a hotel room, so I just got done talking with Disney again and saved 35%. I was on the phone over an hour and it was worth every second!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom