When are discounts posted

Haniel

So my plans are to go to Disney world first or second week of Feb. Being so close to the beginning of the year, when do they post discounts for that season. If I was to book a room and a deal where to arise, can I make changes or cancel?

Another thing is I've noticed undercovertourist has 5 day pass for the price of 4 day/buy 4 day pass get plus one for $309. Is that a good enough price, or you think something better will pop up?

MickeyMomV

From what I have read on other boards and from what history has shown, you should start to see some discounts in the next 2 weeks or so for that time peroid.

Keep in mind that you can book now and call when the discounts come out to have them applied to your reservations. You just want to call as soon as the discounts are released because some of the hotels and rooms are limited and you dont want to miss out.

Upvote 0

cgulls

Last year for that time period, room-only discounts came out October 3 for Disney Visa holders, October 7 for the General Public, November 21 for AP holders and 12/7 for Florida residents. The currently active discounts "book by" date is October 3.

Upvote 0

Haniel

Original Poster
Thanks guys and galls. I think I'll get the reservations and just update them if needed. How about park tickets, you guys think that is a good price or should I hold of until like November or December?

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Thanks guys and galls. I think I'll get the reservations and just update them if needed. How about park tickets, you guys think that is a good price or should I hold of until like November or December?

Undercover tourist usually has the best prices. And they don't charge much unless WDW changes their prices. Going off of recent history, odds are WDW will raise prices, not lower them.

Upvote 0

WDWVolFan

After I book my trip I usually call them once a month...last time I got 2 or 3 promotions added to my reservation.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Undercover tourist usually has the best prices. And they don't charge much unless WDW changes their prices. Going off of recent history, odds are WDW will raise prices, not lower them.
Disney just did their annual price increase in June/July so ticket prices should not be changing between now and Feb. I would hold off on buying tickets till you see the promotions. If they end up offering free dining or the Stay, Play, Dine package you might end up getting a better "package" getting everything through Disney.

Upvote 0

Haniel

Original Poster
After I book my trip I usually call them once a month...last time I got 2 or 3 promotions added to my reservation.

So It would would be a good Idea to reserve the room and just wait off on the tickets? Do you call the resort itself? Do you call first part of the month or the later part of the month?

By the way thanks for all the tips.

Oh another question.. Do you know of any Visa card holder deals? Would you recommend applying for the Disney Visa?

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

So It would would be a good Idea to reserve the room and just wait off on the tickets? Do you call the resort itself? Do you call first part of the month or the later part of the month?

Oh another question.. Do you know of any Visa card holder deals? Would you recommend applying for the Disney Visa?
There are no disney visa deals. We just get advanced access to deals that are later released to the public.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I'm a Disney Visa card holder. You get discounts on purchases & sometimes resort reservations. The reward points earned on purchases, not just Disney ones, you put on a card and then can use for rooms, meals, merchandise. In addition, Chase sends you a periodic newsletter with updates. I would go to the website and check out what the benefits are.

Upvote 0

WDWVolFan

No book it all at once...the full package...as you call they will give you discounts that apply. Some may include you changing hotels...for example from All Star Sports to All Star Movies. But you can book it all for sure.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

It depends on what you want most/are concerned about. If you are simply trying to get the most bang for your buck and could care less where you stay, just wait. If you have a set in stone timeline, and only want to stay at a certain resort in a certain room class, book the room now. You can modify a room only reservation and turn it into a MYW package. Booking the room now does make the chance of them offering discounts slightly less. They have desired room occupancy levels, and if they are at that level, then they won't offer a discount for that location/time. So if they want 20 bookings and have 19, you making your reservation has them hit their target of 20 and they won't need to offer a discount.

Calling the resort itself does nothing, they will transfer you to central reservations.

I've read of card holders that get a 200 dollars credit. I'd call that a deal, if I get it.

That is a bonus/reward for signing up the card not really a deal. You need to reference that promotion (by referring to a code, using a certain link, etc) when applying for the card to receive it. You will see bonuses/rewards ranging from nothing all the way up to a $200 gift card. If you already have the card, or apply through a different promotion you won't get a $200 credit.

For tickets, I just get them through WDW. The price difference is almost negligible.

If saving $25ish per ticket is negligible I'd love to have your bankroll. An 8 day hopper with Water Parks is currently $24 cheaper through UT than direct. That pretty much pays for a TS meal.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Another thing is I've noticed undercovertourist has 5 day pass for the price of 4 day/buy 4 day pass get plus one for $309. Is that a good enough price, or you think something better will pop up?

for our 7 day hoppers, i found i saved more doing the target red card thing than using undercover tourist. i have a target red debit card, go to target, buy handfuls of $50 gift cards with the 5% savings... used those to pay for my $817 tickets from disney, which then only cost me $777. undercover tourist would have been $784.60. plus i was able to get the tickets immediately added to my reservation so i could make my FP+ choices right away (i was within 60 days).

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

$75 on a $3500 vacation is negligible to me. If I need to save $75 somewhere else, it would be on the resort or room selection. ANYONE going to WDW has a huge bankroll. There are far more places you can go for half that much and even 25% of that.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I've read of card holders that get a 200 dollars credit. I'd call that a deal, if I get it.
You get that for getting the credit card. Most credit card companies give you some cash just for getting a card. That's not a WDW deal per se. That's a "we'll give you $200 to tolerate our extremely high interest rates" deal. But, if like most of us you pay off your card every month and never receive a finance charge, it's worth getting the card. The 1% cashback they offer is in no way worth it if you don't pay the card off each month.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You get that for getting the credit card. Most credit card companies give you some cash just for getting a card. That's not a WDW deal per se. That's a "we'll give you $200 to tolerate our extremely high interest rates" deal. But, if like most of us you pay off your card every month and never receive a finance charge, it's worth getting the card. The 1% cashback they offer is in no way worth it if you don't pay the card off each month.

So has Disney/Chase stopped offering the occasional discount on room rates for Disney Visa card? I got a discount a year or so ago - received a notification in the mail and it was listed on Mousesavers.....that was before I became an AP.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom