What's your tradition when you go to wdw

Spoxy

My husband and I (ok, I am the more enthusiastic one in this case) love to buy the caramel corn from Germany. First time I took him to EPCOT I ended up buy 2 bags in a row. It wasn't pretty, but totally worth it. Other than my fascination with caramel, we are still developing our traditions and always looking forward to the next trip.

We fly in from the UK so it’s usually late when we arrive, so after we have checked in straight to Raglan Road for beers & food.
MK the following day & The Haunted Mansion is our first ride.
Soarin is our first ride in Epcot.
Star Tours is our first ride is HS.
EE or KS tend to be our first rides in AK.
Dinner in Narcoosees at least once.
Dinner in Cali Grill at least once.
8am Breakfast in Crystal Palace.
Dinner in Flying Fish at least once.
Dinner in Yachtsman Steak House at least once.
Watch Wishes & Celebrate The Magic as many times as we can.
Multiple rides on Haunted Mansion, Soarin & Star Tours over the two weeks.
Last ride of the trip is always the Haunted Mansion.
MK on our last night & make our walk up Main Street last for as long as we can then turn round for one final look at the castle & promise each other that we will be back soon.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
We fly in from the UK so it’s usually late when we arrive, so after we have checked in straight to Raglan Road for beers & food.
MK the following day & The Haunted Mansion is our first ride.
Soarin is our first ride in Epcot.
Star Tours is our first ride is HS.
EE or KS tend to be our first rides in AK.
Dinner in Narcoosees at least once.
Dinner in Cali Grill at least once.
8am Breakfast in Crystal Palace.
Dinner in Flying Fish at least once.
Dinner in Yachtsman Steak House at least once.
Watch Wishes & Celebrate The Magic as many times as we can.
Multiple rides on Haunted Mansion, Soarin & Star Tours over the two weeks.
Last ride of the trip is always the Haunted Mansion.
MK on our last night & make our walk up Main Street last for as long as we can then turn round for one final look at the castle & promise each other that we will be back soon.

very nice you certainly hit all the top notch resturants.

CastleBound

This December is going to be my second time visiting since going as a kid with my parents, so no real traditions have been established. I think traditions will come though. We are repeating a few restaurants and different things. I think Biergarten will become a tradition. I really love that restaurant and could see going there every time.

Kelsybelle

We only have solid traditions that we uphold on our first 2 days. Arrival day we hang out at our resort, and shop at Down town Disney and get to bed early so we can be up early to make it to the Magic Kingdom for the opening. Other than that, we always do at least 2 character meals, dinner in Epcot, and dinner at either O'Hana or The California Grill for Wishes. :)

Monorail_Red_77

Probably because in Future Land there really aren't a whole lot of other places to eat that has enough room for most people to sit down in. Many in World Showcase, but, if you're hungry that seems like a really long ways away.
We like Electric Umbrella because they serve Chicken Breast Nuggets. Not just chicken nuggets. Believe me, there is a difference.

Whenever you are looking for nuggets in the Parks or Resort Hotels, That is the Key. Otherwise you are stuck with junk nuggets.

FYI chicken breast nuggets are sold elsewhere in the parks too as well as resort hotels. You just have to know where to go for them.

Last edited:

PrincessJenn5795

We stay for 10-12 days. The day we arrive we don't go into the parks, mostly because after the flight from Seattle we are pretty wiped. We go to DTD for a lateish dinner and then go to bed early. The first full day is always at Magic Kingdom, and we always get there right at opening. Whichever day we do Animal Kingdom we leave the park about 5 and go to dinner at O'hana. We always eat lunch at the Restaurant Marrakesh when we do Epcot, and the day we fly out we eat breakfast at the buffet at 1900 Park Fare. We also spend at least one day at Universal.

Monorail_Red_77

I get a park map and times guide at each park I go to. I do this on every visit. We are AP'ers and I go once or twice a month. Really annoys my wife though. Especially with all the construction going on around the parks, it's like my own little state of the parks update.

I'm also about half way done collecting all of the current WDW pennies/quarters/dimes. I'm up to 324. I only have 316 left to collect by December. BTW, I just started this in January.
Have to hurry you know. the 2015 series pennies will be retired and the new 2016's will be out in January. Plus what others they decide to retire by then. There are 15 designs for 2015 spread across WDW. Likely will be, hmmm, maybe 16 designs for 2016???

We also get a couple antenna toppers every few trips so we can mix up our collection back home.

I'm also doing a little project where I duplicate my childhood photos of MK. Kinda like a then and now photo series.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
another one we do is take a picture on the boat going over to the Poly. We have the kids stand in the same spot , same pose on the boat. We have a great collection of the kids as they grew up. they rage from 6 years old to now 25, funny to see how they have changed over the years and also the style of hair and clothes they wore.

Minnie1986

This will be mine and my boyfriend's first Disney trip together, so I'll be thinking of things we can do to start traditions; any suggestions? I've already told him that we will be taking any future kids every year ;)

Doug Means

we have something(s) for each park:
Animal kingdom - Festival of the lion king
Hollywood studio - Fantasmic
Epcot - some snack from each country
MK - dole whip and cream cheese pretzel
AND we must always eat at O'Hana's
but to say this is all would not be true...our traditions or "must dos" are a long list.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
we have something(s) for each park:
Animal kingdom - Festival of the lion king
Hollywood studio - Fantasmic
Epcot - some snack from each country
MK - dole whip and cream cheese pretzel
AND we must always eat at O'Hana's
but to say this is all would not be true...our traditions or "must dos" are a long list.

I hear so much about the Dole Whip and have never tried it.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
This will be mine and my boyfriend's first Disney trip together, so I'll be thinking of things we can do to start traditions; any suggestions? I've already told him that we will be taking any future kids every year ;)

I would start by establishing a favorite picture spot that you can do one each year to compare as time goes by.
You will need a favorite spot to have a drink, I like going to the Poly Tambu lounge, we sit at the end of the night kick back relax have some wings and pork nachos and talk about the day. OH didi I mention the ZOMBIE.
we also visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge and touch the good luck plaque in the entrance. We also have a collection of carved animals we pick up at the gift shop. We have a nice zoo at this point.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom