What's your tradition when you go to wdw

ChesterKiwi

For my family, there's a long-standing tradition of staying at Fort Wilderness in the family RV as we have since 2000. My mother and I also traditionally always go to the Coral Reef Restaurant and have charbroiled octopus there. :p

pajammies

After we check-in and check out our not-so-surprising room (because it's always a value, lol) we go to Downtown Disney and eat at Earl of Sandwich. We are starving by that point, so it's definitely first thing. We do not have one anywhere near us and we love it!

blueboxdoctor

Every year each member of the family picks a place to eat, and this year my tradition seems to be broken, as we will not be going to The Liberty Tree Tavern (I'm still trying to convince them to maybe go for at least lunch).

The last day always ends with eating at Crystal Palace then heading back to the resort to get ready to leave. I can't recall if we stopped it last year, but we always made a stop at Publix between arriving at the airport and arriving at our resort. We also always go around MK in a clockwise rotation on the first day, we changed it up one time, it felt wrong, never again (oddly, we go around the World Showcase counter clockwise most of the time).

And of course, the good old, classic, Dole Whip (if possible I'll venture to the Polynesian to get it from the counter service there).

NonnaT

Visit MK first. Breakfast at Main Street Bakery for cinnamon rolls. Ride Mr. Toad, Snow White, Skyway and Alien Encounter. Watch Push perform. Visit Toon Town Fair. Relax on a bench in the shade in the castle hub. Take an afternoon ride on the Horse Trolley and the Omnibus. Enjoy the evening Spectro Magic parade.

I have not returned to the MK for quite a while. I also understand the Studio Park is closed and Epcot Center is gone. So...;)
So is Main Street Bakery and Toon Town Fair! ((Gasp!))

triplela

My oldest son and I always shut down the Magic Kingdom on our first night. We arrive at rope drop with my wife and youngest son. We spend the day in the Magic Kingdom. When my little one is done for the day, my wife takes him back to our room and my oldest and I hit a few rides. Then about 1/2 hour before the park closes, we go to Casey's Corner and get a hot dog and fries with Coke. We sit outside and just enjoy the view of the Castle. At that point, we fully realize that we are on vacation and have a full week ahead of fun. I thought he would out grow this but he's 15 now and still was excited about doing it on our last trip and talks about doing it on our next trip.

corxxgold

Since 1974 we have always touched the 3 rd brick on the right side of the castle just when you walk into it, its getting more difficult to do since there is always a show and that side the the castle is always blocked- I always manage to touch it though and in 5 Days I will pass the tradition on to my kids,, even if it means starting a new tradition. I was 7 when we started it and my children are 8 and 4 so its a good time to start

Disnee4Me

Because we have driven in the last three trips (and will do so in December), but also when we flew because we got there early afternoon, our tradition was always to go to DTD on arrival day, but get back to our resort EARLY, so that we could wake up at the crack of dawn and get to whatever park had a.m. EMHs.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Since 1974 we have always touched the 3 rd brick on the right side of the castle just when you walk into it, its getting more difficult to do since there is always a show and that side the the castle is always blocked- I always manage to touch it though and in 5 Days I will pass the tradition on to my kids,, even if it means starting a new tradition. I was 7 when we started it and my children are 8 and 4 so its a good time to start

cool

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I like to stare at the merchandise I wish I could afford, but forget I'm a college student... But also have fun at the same time! I like to look for a new detail on Main Street I haven't seen yet.
I would love to be able to go and buy any piece of Disney collectable Art work. instead I buy carved animal figures from the Animal kingdom Lodge gift shop or when I am at EPCOT everytime we go. I have a nice little zoo right now of carved animals.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom