What's your favourite way to cure a Disney hangover??

ali_cat_3

Original Poster
I just got back from a great trip to WDW. Spent ten days there and am back home but suffering from Disney withdrawal. Would like to know what others do to get over missing Disney World after their trips.

Ali :wave:

Jasonflz

I go back.:lol::lookaroun

jk, actually I keep going over things Disney related in my head till I'm sick of it, which is basically never.

DisneyMom4

Start planning another trip! It works really well to cure the hangover. The best way to do it is to have another trip in the works while you're on your current trip.

Other than that....vodka, rum, tequila...you get to pick!

jen2009

I too start thinking about our next trip. We got married in March there, but had a lot of drama going on. So decided to go back for christmas for a 2nd honeymoon. :sohappy: We are already talking about going in April of 2010. If we keep thinking about planning we never really miss it. Just keep looking forward to the next trip.:)

foreverbelle

Endlessly roam anything Disney related, start planning the next trip, blast Disney music through my IPOD and sit in my cube, close my eyes and 'walk' my way through the parks!

yes. i know. its sad.

scheat

Agree with the folks that say start planning the next trip. Even if the reality is you know it's going to be a while before you get back-it still helps. I find my wife and I discussing the next trip as early as during our final day on the current trip.

toetheline29

As somebody who's underage... :ROFLOL:

I look at pictures I took on the trip, I go to Flickr and look at pictures other people took on their trips, I watch youtube videos, listen to Disney music (park music and songs from the movies), find a few Disney recipes to try cooking, and, as the others said, start thinking about a return trip. And, of course, visiting the Disney forums :).

TakeMeThere81

I agree, plan your next trip...but I don't start thinking about it while I'm on my current trip-that would take away the current fun for me.

I also write a detailed trip report, it allows me to lose myself in how great our trip was, and also gives me something I can always poor back over and over to like a scrapbook when I get the Disney blues.

I also love listening to Disney theme park music, but I don't usually start doing that until a few weeks post-trip. Souveniers are great if you buy the right ones. I go to basin and buy a few special soaps that will last a few months, a new key chain that I'll have with me daily, car decals, and this time I got a WDW tote bag that I carry daily. So that way I get to take the World with me!

Atomicmickey

-listening to theme park music

-planning and saving for the next trip

-listen to WDW Today podcast

-buy and read books on the history and art of the parks.

-come to this website and chat with similarly afflicted
individuals!

-look over pictures that I've taken

That's a bunch of what I do, anyway!

Matt and Kelly

Good question!

I know I felt the same way when we returned from our trip this year. Plus we came back to the snow, which didnt help!

While my wife scrapbooks, I like to look back at all the pics we took during the stay. Helps me re-live those memories.

I also visit this site a ton to get the latest updates and talk Disney with some great people.

We are kinda in the process of planning our next trip as well. Although nothing has been finalized, we have had fun trying to figure out our plan of attack for the next visit.

Finally, we have started watching alot of older Disney movies that we haven't seen in a while. We just Watched the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh last night. We keep adding to our Disney collection so that when we do have children, they can become Disney nuts just like us!

Mickey-Mommy

I think I do the opposite of everyone for a few months after our trip. I don't visit the forums, watch Disney shows on tv or plan our next trip. (We used to plan a trip while we were still down there, but that was before we had kids!) I try to get life back to normal and try to forget about it. If not, it would drive me crazy knowing my next trip was a year or so away. After a few months have past, we'll start talking about our next trip and when we'd like to go. This time though we weren't planning on going back for about 2 years (long time for us!) but now we're going in September. A lot of our trips are spontaneous.....as in we weren't planning on going back for a long time and now we find ourselves planning a trip for a few months away! (After our son was born we weren't planning on going again for a year and a half, but when he was 6 months old, my dh came home from work and said he was sick of the snow and we were in Disney the next week! Yay!)

Now that I know we're going to be visiting again soon, I get back on the sites and start planning again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom