what's your favorite thing to do at DHS?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all!

The DH and I tend to go in, do our thing, and leave at DHS. But this time, we have 2 long days there. We are taking in Fantasmic again, along with Brown Derby.

Of course there are the favorite rides, but what else do you love about DHS?

We are trying cupcakes at Starring Rolls for the first time this year. So excited!
Also, I read there is a new pretzel dog at Min and Bills! YUM!

We would like to know things like, who's your favorite performer as you walk in? Or what is your favorite place to grab an ice cream or milkshake? Things like that.

Thanks!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I have to find my way to Writer's Stop. Always hear it's a good place to get coffee and chill-out in.

Excellent idea! We have more time this trip - not going back to the resort mid day. But we want to still relax. This sounds like a great idea!

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Besides the attractions, we love to eat at 50s Prime Time Cafe. We also enjoy a little people watching as we snack on a cup cake from Starring Rolls. I love to sit there at the umbrella tables and chill out. I also love the shops there, and just walking around the park. I just love the feel of the park.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

the voyage of the little mermaid, tower of terror, rock n roller coaster, street performers, and def. 50s prime time cafe. if it is Christmastime......Osborn lights

Upvote 0

bethymouse

I like sitting in the smoking section(hubby smokes) by the candy shop where you can watch them make candy apples and such through the window! My boys always get a free marshmallow on a stick treat!:D I like to linger a bit in the "after area" of the BLTour. I just like sitting by Echo Lake.:)

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Is there any other place to watch them make candy apples?
i do not think so. i only know of the main street confectionery, the goofy place at downtown Disney, and i believe epcot has a spot to watch. I also believe at goofy's you can personalize your candy apple ( like choose candy and chocolate)

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Sci-Fi Diner is my favorite place to visit at DHS. I love the whole atmosphere!

I like doing the trivia contest at Sid's too, even though I'm usually really terrible at it.

I also love the character meet & greets at the Magic of Disney Animation area. I've always seen some characters there that I've never seen anywhere else, and lines are usually small.

I have never been to Starring Rolls, but I'm checking it out for cupcakes in November!

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

DHS is my 2nd fav park after MK

We enjoy:
Toy Story Mania
Street Performers
Lights Motors Action
Fantasmic
Looking at ToT, not riding :p
American Idol Experience
Great Movie Ride
and NOT Muppet Vision for me :D

Upvote 0

luv

My favorite shake anywhere...in fact, the only shake I ever get...is in the Studios, from 50s Prime Time.

The PB&J shake. I know it sounds gross, but (in the words of Mr. Food) Oooh, it's so good!! I have one or two a year.

I'm not a huge fan of DS. My favorite thing is TGMR, especially the Wizard of Oz part. And the Shinbone section, when I get to go through it. I think most people haven't seen The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and miss stuff there. It's a shame, because it's not only one of the best movies ever made, but WDW did a nice job there.

If you ever have time, instead of getting off the tram and running to the turnstiles, go over to the right and check out the view of the water. You can almost forget there is a theme park behind you. :)

Upvote 0

mickeysbrother

Funny to say this but a BEER from the cart just in front of the Chinese theater. First time ever having a refreshing cold cold cold beer in DHS. Its gonna be one of those every time things. Don't know why just is!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
i do not think so. i only know of the main street confectionery, the goofy place at downtown Disney, and i believe epcot has a spot to watch. I also believe at goofy's you can personalize your candy apple ( like choose candy and chocolate)

Yes, Goofy's you can make your own. Rice Crispie I think too. Thanks for the info! :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Sci-Fi Diner is my favorite place to visit at DHS. I love the whole atmosphere!

I like doing the trivia contest at Sid's too, even though I'm usually really terrible at it.

I also love the character meet & greets at the Magic of Disney Animation area. I've always seen some characters there that I've never seen anywhere else, and lines are usually small.

I have never been to Starring Rolls, but I'm checking it out for cupcakes in November!

What is Sids? My DH loves Trivia.
I wonder what characters are Magic of Disney Animation? We need to meet the characters from Up.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
DHS is my 2nd fav park after MK

We enjoy:
Toy Story Mania
Street Performers
Lights Motors Action
Fantasmic
Looking at ToT, not riding :p
American Idol Experience
Great Movie Ride
and NOT Muppet Vision for me :D

Great! Which is your fave street performer or do you just like the vibe of watching them all?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom