What's your favorite restaurant in WDW?

s&k'smom

Oh gosh there are so many, we have must do like PTC, Rose and Crown, Trail's End. We all love Boma that is a top contender. For quick service absolute fav is Columbia Harbor House!

jaklgreen

Exactly this. Skipper Canteen is SUPERB.

I had the worst experience there. The server just kept rattling off those stupid puns like he was required to say every single one at each table. He spent so much time just with these stupid jokes that he had no time for me and looked very annoyed and rushed, as soon as he was done he ran off to the next table to rattle them off again. I ordered the chicken and it was bone dry, horrible. I complained and he just said OK and that was it. I was so aggravated by then that I paid and left. Although I should not have had to pay since I only ate a couple bites.

WDW74

Recently back from the World with some comments on this subject. I love Jiko. Hitting AKL at night decorated for the holidays, cocktails at Victoria Falls and then a superb dinner at Jiko's is tough to beat. Esotertic dishes, superb South African wines, impeccable service, an exotic ambiance all reinforce why our family counts this as one of our favorite dining experiences.
A couple of shout outs; first to @lostpro9het. Hit Il Mulino's for the first time. Excellent. Portions are such that we easily split an appetizer. DW had a half-size entree that was a perfect size for her. I finished my full size entree with just enough room for us to split a more than adequately sized dessert. Food and service were top notch. Atmosphere, typical trattoria low level boisterous. Cocktails, wine, dinner and with TIW out of there at ~$150. We considered it great value and we'll be back.
Second to @epcotisbest. Hit House of Blues Sunday Gospel Brunch for the first time. Wow! Huge and delicious all-you-can-eat brunch with all the classic staples, carving station, omelet station and southern classics like chicken and waffles, grits, biscuits and gravy, etc. A truly professional music performance with gospel, blues, soul and Christmas favorites that had everyone on their feet. And @BuddyThomas , $3 Mimosas and $5 Bloody Marys. This will probably become a Sunday tradition for us.
Lastly, a couple of interesting holiday brews from Holidays Around the World. Shipyard Bourbon Barrel Aged White Eggnog Porter from America Kiosk and a Cinnamon Bun Porter (Terrapin?) from a kiosk just inside World Showcase.

lostpro9het

Recently back from the World with some comments on this subject. I love Jiko. Hitting AKL at night decorated for the holidays, cocktails at Victoria Falls and then a superb dinner at Jiko's is tough to beat. Esotertic dishes, superb South African wines, impeccable service, an exotic ambiance all reinforce why our family counts this as one of our favorite dining experiences.
YES! Love the mac & cheese as well as the boar tenderloin! The Red Jasper red is our go-to bottle of wine too!
first to @lostpro9het. Hit Il Mulino's for the first time. Excellent. Portions are such that we easily split an appetizer. DW had a half-size entree that was a perfect size for her. I finished my full size entree with just enough room for us to split a more than adequately sized dessert. Food and service were top notch. Atmosphere, typical trattoria low level boisterous. Cocktails, wine, dinner and with TIW out of there at ~$150. We considered it great value and we'll be back.
Sweet!!! Another convert! What did you think of the limoncello?
Shipyard Bourbon Barrel Aged White Eggnog Porter from America Kiosk.
Thanks for this tip! Ill be there in a few days and love Bourbon porters and Eggnog so this sounds like a no-brainer for me!

danyoung56

The server just kept rattling off those stupid puns like he was required to say every single one at each table.

I got along with my server at Skippers, but I did think he was trying too hard. At one point he asked me if I wanted a FastPass to the fireworks that night. When I said sure, he threw a straw at me. I didn't get it then, and I don't get it now.

But overall he was pretty fun.

WDW74

Sweet!!! Another convert! What did you think of the limoncello?

@lostpro9het :Heavily biased here ! Been making my own Limoncello for about 10 yrs, after learning how in Sorrento ( actually quite easy ). Have a batch to filter and bottle this afternoon for Christmas presents. Mine tops out at about 90-95 proof, DW liked their's better !
...and you probably know this already...Thirsty River in DAK has Golden Monkey on tap !

flyerjab

We have enjoyed many of the new additions to Disney Springs over the past several years, with The Boathouse, Morimoto's Asia and Art Smith's as standouts. Also, I have always been a fan of Jiko and Boma at the AKL, and the bread service at Sanaa's is top notch.

HOWEVER, we have a new favorite location. Tiffins in DAK is by far the best dining experience on property. Up front I will state that it is expensive, so plan accordingly. We have already eaten there three times since it has opened (and we are out of state), and each visit has been exceptional. Every meal was perfect, and the wait staff is top-notch. One of the servers we had previously worked at Victoria and Alberts over at the GF, so that should give some kind of indication as to the level of service they expect. It also doesn't hurt that it is connected directly to the Nomad Lounge. I think that this lounge has been unanimously praised by almost every website, fan site, Disney blogger that has experienced it.

My advice to everyone is that if you are planning for one expensive dinner on your WDW trip, get a late reservation for Tiffins, and then relax and have some drinks at the Nomad Lounge afterwards. DAK is beautiful at night, and this restaurant and lounge are the perfect compliment for the atmosphere evoked by this park.

Pleakley

I got along with my server at Skippers, but I did think he was trying too hard. At one point he asked me if I wanted a FastPass to the fireworks that night. When I said sure, he threw a straw at me. I didn't get it then, and I don't get it now.

But overall he was pretty fun.

Yeah I don't get it either. Is it supposed to be ridiculous to get a fastpass for something you can just look up in the sky at? Yes, yes it is. But is it something Disney does actually offer? Yes, yes it is.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I think I would have to go with Raglan Road. Great food. Great beers. Great entertainment. Constantly meeting interesting people.

Honorable mention to Rose and Crown Dining Room, Biergarten, 50s Prime Time, 1900 Park Fare (for the characters, really), and Victoria and Albert's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom