What's your do-not-miss restaurant?

JChoma

Original Poster
We are so thrilled we scored free dining and now it's on to the fun of planning dining reservations! We've never had a dining plan before, and have only hit a few table service spots as a result: BOG, Via Napoli and Plaza. So we are looking forward to splurging a bit and trying new spots!

There are 4 of us on our trip: husband, me, 6-year-old daughter and 10-year old son. My son thinks princesses are the worst so no princess dining :)

Where should we eat?? What's your do-not-miss restaurant at WDW?

Considering Teppan Edo, Skipper Canteen, Tusker house, Sci Fi diner, whispering canyon so far. 6 day trip.

belledream

Out of your the ones you're considering, I'd say Tusker House and Skipper Canteen are definitely YESes! Teppan Edo isn't the most unique restaurant around, and depending on what you order at Sci Fi, paying OOP might be better.

Some other suggestions that come to mind are Biergarten and Coral Reef.

mf1972

we never miss going to Raglan Road in DS. good food & entertainment. can get a little loud with a live band, but always fun.
i'll 2nd tusker house. never been disappointed there.

larandtra

No miss restaurants are somewhat difficult because variety is fun. We have 4 that we do on any extended trip and fill in others that we want to try or have not been to in a while
Raglan Road
Boma
Kona Cafe
Via Napoli

LeighM

For us, it's definitely Ohana and Tusker House. We also really enjoy dinner at Sanaa esp if we time it just at 5PM so we can get a seat by the windows that overlook the savanna.

rob0519

Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace for the characters (family tradition each trip).
Cosmic Ray's
Chefs d'France
Flame Tree BBQ

We never make plans early enough to do 180 day ADRs, so we mostly take what we can find these days.

Disney Nerd

I have only been to WDW 3 times in my life and we have been lucky enough to dine at Le Cellier Steakhouse each time and it is my favourite restaurant. I hear it is also hard to get a reservation as well.

LindsayW

1900 park fare breakfast is a must!! I have a teenage daughter and younger sons. Our last trip spanned 4 generations and every person picked that as one of their favorite aspects of our trip.

IanDLBZF

California Grill Dinner, especially with the view of the fireworks at MK without the darn crowds! All the servers there are great, too!
Wouldn't also miss:
  • Beaches and Cream
  • Sunshine Seasons
  • Be Our Guest for Breakfast or Lunch

JChoma

Original Poster
Now my issue is I have too many good suggestions and not enough time! :) We have 6 table service meals during our trip. (1 will be out of pocket, others covered by FD). We have decided to do Ohana, Tusker House and Teppan Edo (9 year old's request) for sure. Need 3 more: 1 at HS, 1 at Epcot and one anywhere. I would LOVE to do Le Cellier, but not with kids in tow. We are not big breakfast eaters, so I was thinking of 1900 park fare for dinner. Or maybe Crystal Palace. Any thoughts?

Mark P.

We try to mix it up as much as possible but our can't-miss restaurant on at least one of our MK days is Columbia Harbour House. I'll let others weigh in on whether it's a good "deal", but it's some of the highest-quality in-park food around, and the dining area upstairs is an incredible respite from the heat and crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom