1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

What's up with the not so scary Halloween party

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by magnanimous66, Sep 4, 2013.

1. lilclerk

lilclerk Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not a parade person, but this one is pretty fun. The headless horseman was great.

2. lunchbox1175

lunchbox1175 Premium Member

Yes, you can get a case of water delivered, but its going to be expensive.

3. derelicte19

derelicte19 Well-Known Member

We missed the headless horseman BOTH parades last year. The first parade we didn't see him because we were in the confectionary and decided to watch the parade just as it came down Main St. So we planned to also sit and watch the second parade, mostly just for the headless horseman. Before the parade was supposed to start though, they said he wouldn't be riding since the ground was wet :( So that is definitely our mission this time, to see him.

MOXOMUMD and lilclerk like this.
  4. Spikerdink

Spikerdink Well-Known Member

I think I may have to go to the party! Just need to find the $$$$!!

Tiggertoo56 and MOXOMUMD like this.
  5. DznyGrlSD

DznyGrlSD Well-Known Member

MNSSHP is better than any other "after hours" party:

1 - trick or treating/free candy - HELLO
    2 - costumes! Love seeing everyone dressed up!
    3 - Boo to you parade with the headless horseman - priceless
    4 - hallowwishes - epic!

Tiggertoo56, wogwog and lilclerk like this.
  6. wogwog

wogwog Well-Known Member

Really scary would be go as Bob Iger, the anti new attractions.

7. ddrongowski

ddrongowski Well-Known Member

As others have already said.
    You will not be allowed to stay in the park after MNSSHP starts unless you have a MNSSHP ticket to exchange for a MNSSHP wrist band. You will also not be allowed to buy anything or go into any stores, etc... in the park. All you will be able to do it leave the Magic Kingdom.

The CM's have this perfected. Yes you hear those that did not purchase the hard ticket sometimes complain, but that is life at WDW.

8. Gabe1

Gabe1 Well-Known Member

Headless and his horse wiped out last year on Main Street do to wetness. Not surprised Disney stopped sending him when when wet. For those who can't go to the party he returns to Ft. Wilderness in costume to the horses digs.

What is puzzling me is Disney is doing a free hard ticket special meet up Treat-Up. Just finding it kinda classless to have a Disney event by invite only during a hard ticket event. Even worse to hold the Treat-Up on Yom Kippur. Even this Catholic girl knows you don't schedule an event like Treat-Up on the holiest of the Jewish holidays.

derelicte19 likes this.
  9. joanna71985

joanna71985 Well-Known Member

If you go to MNSSHP, she comes down for pictures after the castle show. For her, I would find out where her line starts before the show, so that way you can be there before she comes down (her line is usually the longest)

Tiggertoo56 and sgtmgd like this.
  10. KCheatle

KCheatle Well-Known Member

I love MNSSHP. I was skeptical the first time we went because it is a lot of money. But, one of our favorite Disney memories of all time is from that party. There are so few people there that it becomes like you're in a commercial - like the characters really do just freely interact with groups of people! My daughter danced with Woody and Jessie for over an hour - like holding hands, twirling around danced! Not to mention how amazing the parade was (and I'm NOT a "parade person"). Yes, it's expensive ($240 extra for my family this year) and I get where you're coming from with the "but I already paid to go to Disney?!?!" However, it is nice to have the crowds even lower then they already are in September for this party with all of these awesome characters. We were willing to fork over the $$ for that opportunity again.

Tiggertoo56 and sgtmgd like this.
  11. Crazydisneyfanluke

Crazydisneyfanluke Well-Known Member

Fixed it!

12. sgtmgd

sgtmgd Well-Known Member

Thats great information!

13. DanStat

DanStat Well-Known Member

Getting to see rare characters in the parks, like Snow White and all seven dwarves was well worth the price of admission. Additionally, the trick-or-treating, special version of Wishes and the extremely cool parade are all great reasons to visit. It's also nice to see the Haunted Mansion with eerie lighting and smoke! If you've never been, try it at least once!

Tiggertoo56 likes this.
  14. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    @luv posts this is most MNSSHP threads, but I haven't seen her around today, so here you go:

luv likes this.
  15. mattchu758

mattchu758 Active Member

1. I had so many questions like you earlier this year. I am going to the party on October 14th and I can't wait. I wasn't sure if it was worth but I was convinced. If there is one piece of advice I can give you, many people told me to skip the rides that night. You have to ride the Haunted Mansion which is a must. But decicate your night to the characters and special events. Plan another day to visit the Magic Kingdom to do the rides.

Tiggertoo56 likes this.
  16. ddbowdoin

ddbowdoin Well-Known Member

I have never been, so I suppose you should take my opinion with a grain of salt but I'd look at the scenario this way; you've already spent so much money what's an extra ____$ for the vacation. It's almost always "worth it" when you're looking to experience something new at Disney. I spent 4 grand on a recent trip, but why would I then skip "the seeds behind the tour" if I hadn't experienced it before, would the extra 20 dollars really break me?

17. Crazydisneyfanluke

I am going to arrive at 4pm to do the rides before dinner.Then during the party do M&G and trick or treating.

18. Goofnut1980

Goofnut1980 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the special pins... pins pins pins!!!! I need new pins!!!!

19. Crazydisneyfanluke

I love collecting the pins. I wish i had the money to buy all of them :cry:

Tiggertoo56 and Goofnut1980 like this.
  20. Goofnut1980

Goofnut1980 Well-Known Member

Me too.. headed down for MNSCHP... Will be at the world Wednesday for a week... then go back again in December and get to see MVMCP!!!! Yay me!

Tiggertoo56 likes this.