What's the difference?

Yoop33

Original Poster
What exactly is the difference in where you purchased your villa? Mine is at SSR but I see other people with OKW and whatever else. What is the difference if you can stay anywahere anyway?
Or is it they have just sold out of the particular ones so they go to the next resort?

Yellow Shoes

My understanding is that only SSR still has points for sale. The other properties are available as resales only.

While it is true that you can stay at any DVC property regardless of where your home is, you can make reservations farther in advance at "home." This can be important if you want that 2-bedroom villa Dec 25 - Jan 2.

ZapperZ

Also, since you have to pay FL property tax on it, you have to be "deeded" to something, so they attach your purchase to some physical building. At least that was how it was explained to us when we bought into it.

Zz.

socalkdg

Yoop33 said:
What exactly is the difference in where you purchased your villa? Mine is at SSR but I see other people with OKW and whatever else. What is the difference if you can stay anywahere anyway?
Or is it they have just sold out of the particular ones so they go to the next resort?
11 months and 7 months, thats the big difference. Your home resort can be booked at 11 months advance, then at 7 months the rest of the DVC's open up.

Try booking BCV or a standard view BWV at 7 months or less and you will find many times of the year are booked. This is due to the small amount of rooms available and the fact that 90,000 members can book those rooms at 7 months.

Now compare that with booking OKW or SSR at 7 months when the number of rooms are large, thus easier to book. This is one reason to buy resale if you want a different home resort.

Tagrel

As others have said, the main advantage is the 11 month booking advantage at your home resort. As the DVC population grows, it will become tougher to get into the smaller resorts after the 7 month window opens up, especially at the busy times like holidays, Food and Wine Festival and pretty much all of early Dec.

The dues are also different at each resort. So, while buying a resale at Vero could be cheaper at time of purchase, the higher dues will eat up those savings as we move toward 2042.

One other advantage of SSR is that the contracts there do not end until 2054. All other DVC property contracts end in January 2042. That gives you 12 extra years of Magic! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom