What's the difference in booking a honeymoon and a standard vacation?

crassmonkey

Original Poster
Is there any real difference in booking a honeymoon trip through the Disney Honeymoon site and the regular Disney Vacation process? We are planning our honeymoon to the world for October 2008, but not sure what the best way to do it is.

I know that you can use the vacation registry (which my fiance and I aren't sure whether we think is tacky or not!)
But not sure if there is any other perk to booking it as a "honeymoon vacation" as opposed to a normal vacation.
Thanks! :wave:

J_Krafty24

As of right now they do not have a special "honeymoon" package that you can book. You just book a normal vacation but make sure that when you book it you tell them that it will be you honeymoon. We didn't get anything special but I have heard of others that have.

Disney does have a wedding and honeymoon section of their website that lists romantic activities at the world that you might want to try (bicycle for two, carrage rides, nice resturants, etc).

crassmonkey

Original Poster
Thanks! :wave:

I had figured that there wasn't any difference in booking the trip, just wanted to make sure we weren't going to miss out on anything.

When DH planned ours he book it as normal and told them it would be our honeymoon. he also told them when booking our ADRs.
We also used the Honeymoon Registary with Disney. It was nice since ppl can add funds to your honeymoon. we also took some of the money that was given to us and put it on there. The only bad thing with that is since it was new the CMs were unsure about how to use the card.

Philo

IMO the honeymoon registry isnt tacky but I can see why you might think that.

For us it made perfect sense, we have been living together for 5 years and having the traditional wedding list would just mean having a very large collection on pans, toasters, towels and plates. We figured that we wouldn't have a wedding list but many of our friends and family said they wanted to get us something so we decided to give them the option and were really happy we did.

Basically, just in-case your not sure, you get to choose the type of thing you want to do, the meals you want to eat etc and then people will either buy or put money towards that experiance. One of the best options on there IMO is the photopass CD. The money actually goes on a gift card (a very nice looking gift card though) so you can choose to spend it how you want. You don't have to eat at that restaurant, you could go surfing instead!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom