What's the D23 Epcot Announcement that will affect call centers?

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm told that CMs working the call centers are being pulled off, 100 at a time, to be told about an upcoming Epcot announcement at D23.

It's probably not an attraction, because those take years to build, and people wouldn't be calling in now about it.

My guess is that it's some short-term promotion tied to the park. Anyone have more details?

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm told that CMs working the call centers are being pulled off, 100 at a time, to be told about an upcoming Epcot announcement at D23.

It's probably not an attraction, because those take years to build, and people wouldn't be calling in now about it.

My guess is that it's some short-term promotion tied to the park. Anyone have more details?

Unless something is happening for Epcot's 35th anniversary which happens this October? But, I doubt it...

Rodan75

I have to imagine it is promo based.

I can't imagine they would pull them off this early to tell them about attraction changes that could create complaints or cancellations.

SirLink

It could be something as simple as getting CMs prepared for the those guests that think Chefs/Paul will be closing and how that affects their dining reservations would be my take on it.

mickeysaver

Well, that explains my 25 minute hold time today to get in touch with anyone about changing my trip.

CaptainAmerica

I have to imagine it is promo based.
What kind of promo would be Epcot-specific?

Could it be possibly that the announcement that they will be closing one or more of the call centers and turning all reservations to online bookings?
Same question... that's not Epcot-specific.

It could be something as simple as getting CMs prepared for the those guests that think Chefs/Paul will be closing and how that affects their dining reservations would be my take on it.
Why would that be a D23 announcement?

CaptainAmerica

Maybe something like the International Gateway area being closed for a period of time due to gondola work? That would get you a lot of calls from all the resorts that use that entrance.
That's a really good theory. To me, "call center" would indicate something resort-related, but @lentesta obviously indicated that it's Epcot related. The intersection of "resort" and "Epcot" would be the Boardwalk resorts and International Gateway.

SirLink

What kind of promo would be Epcot-specific?

Same question... that's not Epcot-specific.

Why would that be a D23 announcement?

Why would Rat being inserted in the France pavilion be a D23 announcement?o_O

The reason to take call center staff off of phones is simple to get trained because they'll get the crazies complaining about if it'll affect their ADR.

CaptainAmerica

Contacted the friend of a spouse of a friend and all they'd say is that they're going to be "testing something new" that requires "24 hours or less response time."

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

That explains my "longer than usual" wait time to book a tour this afternoon. Almost 40 minutes on hold to complete a less than 8 minute booking transaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom