What's the best attractions for a rainy/crummy day?

What's the most it rained on your worst trip weather-wise?

• Total voters

mweier

Original Poster
If the rain (or heat?) gets you down, what are your favorite attractions/shows to get indoors for a while?

Disvillain63

We had a trip in September/October 1993 that had rain every day. The camcorder bit the dust that year due to the moisture. It was a great trip, because people just left and didn't return. We spent hours in Innoventions East & West; Journey into the Imagination (much more to do back then); Wonders of Life (again lots to do back then); at MK we moved through the shops to attractions that were open and saw lots of shows; same at DHS.

G00fyDad

Our only day it has ever rained was on our last trip and it was cloudy all day, but only rained for 30 minutes or so. We just sat down under an awning and watched the rain for a while, relaxed, and talked.

Disney Shib

I'm a big fan of Carousel of Progress when the heat is excruciating. Hardly ever a line and the AC is sooo cold in there. As for rain... i've always been a puddle jumper lol so that doesn't usually detour us from anything outside, however, be careful for the marble flooring in Journey Into Imagination with Figment. I've face planted on the floor in there during rain storms. It gets so slippery.

maelstrom98

Love Carousel of Progress! We also took shelter in Muppets during a bad thunderstorm last summer. After it was over the lightening was still pretty bad, so we just hung out in the covered area where they let you out. It was really great!

LizC

Relaxing at one of the lounges is always nice, specifically the ones in WS. But ride wise I would agree with Philarmagic & Muppets!

stevehousse

Epcot is the best place for when it rains because there are no outdoor attractions and you can really see all te pavilions and such!

Our trip in May it rained for 2 days, I once during our Xmas party! :( not nearly as many characters were our tht should have been but it was ok! We kept at it! I'm just glad we switched to see the first parade as te second one got cancelled! It then rained all day the next day! My son couldn't do the Jedi training but for a cool meet n greet with storm troopers and Darth Vadar!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
All of them just make sure you have suitable shoes that like getting wet and good raingear, If it rains for more than an hour parks tend to clear out.

Leo!

Ellen. Needs an urgent update / refurbishment / repair / something, but it's 30 minutes of roof if it's raining oceans outside.

Minnie_girl

Ellen's Energy Adventure, Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, One Man's Dream.
75.gif

All good ones. :)

Weather_Lady

I like to be in the Magic Kingdom if it's raining. Pirates of the Caribbean, Tiki Room, Country Bears, Haunted Mansion, it's a small world, Peter Pan, Mickey's Philharmagic, Enchanted Tales, Little Mermaid, Space Mountain, Carousel of Progress, Laugh Floor and Hall of Presidents -- you could fill a whole rainy/cold day if you needed to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom