What's it Take to Pilot a Monorail?

Disney Maniac

Original Poster
Out of nothing more than blatant curiousity, what does it take to become a Monorail Pilot in Walt Disney World? If any current or former CM in Disney Transport can clue me in, I'd be most appreciative. I scoured this Forum trying to find some already-posted info relating to this topic, but came up empty handed, so if there is something there, please let me know. Thanks very much one and all!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
it takes a valid Drivers License (I believe) and you must be 18 years of age

Monorail Lime

You need a gut of steel, a solid resolve, an iron will, a desire to be the best...

...or a valid driver's license and an opening in the department.

Invero

Originally posted by mktiggerman

a pulse...:hammer:

Umm... well... I dunno about that... We got this one older gentleman in awhile ago... nice guy... looked about 98 years old... there would be days we'd find him asleep in the break room and wonder...

Invero

Originally posted by Disney Maniac
Out of nothing more than blatant curiousity, what does it take to become a Monorail Pilot in Walt Disney World? If any current or former CM in Disney Transport can clue me in, I'd be most appreciative. I scoured this Forum trying to find some already-posted info relating to this topic, but came up empty handed, so if there is something there, please let me know. Thanks very much one and all!

Well, I guess that would be me. I'm surprised you didn't find anything... it would appear as if this topic has been covered numerous times... lol... but it's all good. :)

As Monorail Lime and MKTiggerMan have outlined... A valid drivers license, 18 years of age, and a pulse are all requirements. I'm gonna add that it would be nice to have at least half a brain... lol

Disney Maniac

Original Poster
Re: Re: What's it Take to Pilot a Monorail?

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

As Monorail Lime and MKTiggerMan have outlined... A valid drivers license, 18 years of age, and a pulse are all requirements. I'm gonna add that it would be nice to have at least half a brain...

*(Ticking requirements off in head)* Valid driver's license...check; 18 years of age...almost check (7 months!); pulse...double check; minimum of half a brain...um...still checking...hmm, can't tell...i think so...:brick: :hammer:

Thanks guys for all your help. In the days since I put this up, I WAS able to find stuff that has been said...I guess looking for info at 2:30 Thursday morning before school doesn't help...

DisneyCP2000

I had a roommate on the college program who was a monorail driver. He too mentioned the "test" and how he had to memorize all the "stops" on the monorail. He sounded like it was hard but he soon drove it after a couple of weeks of training.

Invero

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
I had a roommate on the college program who was a monorail driver. He too mentioned the "test" and how he had to memorize all the "stops" on the monorail. He sounded like it was hard but he soon drove it after a couple of weeks of training.

Because everything is condensed for CP's... it is kind of intimidating for them... they mostly all usually pass the test the first time, though... some must re-take it. Unfortunetly, (and this is happening more often lately), a lot of CP's are overrunning out of the department...

TURKEY

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

Because everything is condensed for CP's... it is kind of intimidating for them... they mostly all usually pass the test the first time, though... some must re-take it. Unfortunetly, (and this is happening more often lately), a lot of CP's are overrunning out of the department...

What do you mean by overrunning out of the department?

Invero

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

What do you mean by overrunning out of the department?

You're only allowed 2 VOCP's within a 3 year period... if you get a third... you get a forced transfer... A VOCP is a Violation of Clearance Proceedures. Such an example would be leaving a station without dispatch, violating orders from Monorail Central, failing to stop your train at a designated hold point, and getting a MAPO Red... (an overrun), or any other serious safety violation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom