What's happening with Innoventions West?

French Quarter

Original Poster
I am sure there must be a thread about this somewhere (and it might be old news) but I searched and I cannot find it.

Does anyone know what they are doing with Innoventions West in Epcot? I just now realized that it is closed besides the Visa Character area.

djkidkaz

Almost everything that was there is still behind walls. Very little has been removed. Nothing has been announced. It currently houses the visa meet and greet and they are now going to be handing out the AP F&W glasses there that you get with three stamps of your passport.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It is very very bad it got to this state.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

flyerjab

It is very very bad it got to this state.

View attachment 113091

I agree. I am not a huge fanboy when it comes to Epcot, but I believe that is only because i didn't experience it in its heyday. I still really enjoy the countries and Illuminations, but most parts of Future World are depressing. It is unfortunate too, as there seems to be more real direction for DHS and DAK (heck, even DTD is being changed) with funds being allocated and spent.

Why is most of Future World so stagnant? Do they feel that the park is not sustainable they way that it was originally conceived?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So there was technically no reason why they closed everything outside of "this stuff is a little old, let's just close it."

Honestly, old exhibits or not.. It wasn't nearly as useless as many other attractions in Future World! "Where's the Fire?" was honestly my favorite innoventions exhibit! There's no reason for any of this. In fact, it obviously wouldn't cost hardly ANYthing use to build a couple of new exhibits for guests to experience.

You know, I had been debating whether or not to go to Disney for 4 days or Universal for 2 days on my senior trip.. Because of poop like THIS. Magic Kingdom is almost the only park worth going to. The only thing holding me back from Universal is that you have to be over the age of 21 to stage in the hotels.. So... Looks like I may be staying at Disney while driving to Universal. :p

I know I know I'm bringing up the whole "Disney vs. Universal" thing... But it should be a total good comparison. How many abandoned attractions exist in Epcot ALONE without having any forms of replacements? ImageWorks, Wonders of Life, Odyssey, now an Innoventions building that's even still open to the public! Universal?... The Lucy tribute thing.. That's about it... C'mon, Disney!! I love you! But stop letting Uni look a bit more impressive! I'm really starting to hate to admit it!

blu3

Future Word is my favorite land in the park, or was. The premise is amazing, a "Permanent World's Fair" but Disney is letting it rot away. It all started when they closed Horizons. Horizons fit the theme of Future World perfectly and they replaced it with... a simulator? Don't get me wrong, I love Mission Space, but it doesn't belong. Test Track doesn't belong either. It really makes me sad.

French Quarter

Original Poster
I don't agree that Epcot isn't worth visiting any more and I'm not one to lament the changes away from Epcot Center to something new. I am, however, sad to see this part of Innoventions closed. Believe it or not, Innoventions is one of my favourite parts of a day at Epcot. I am holding out hopes that they have interesting plans for this space.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I don't agree that Epcot isn't worth visiting any more and I'm not one to lament the changes away from Epcot Center to something new. I am, however, sad to see this part of Innoventions closed. Believe it or not, Innoventions is one of my favourite parts of a day at Epcot. I am holding out hopes that they have interesting plans for this space.

Epcot is still worth visiting.. Not for Future World.. But for World Showcase and Illuminations. For shopping and dining. World Showcase is, by all means, the only reason to visit Epcot.. Unless you're a fan of Test Track and Spaceship Earth as well, that is understandable. :)

Nubs70

Exhibits on their own do not sell stuff. World showcase sells food, booze, and souvenirs.

Exhibits are negative ROI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom